Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training

Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training A place for aspiring voice over talents to exchange tips and ideas, share stories, post demo and recording samples, and other training sources.

Old 06-21-2018   #1
Ddraigins

Default Hardware/Software for Live Auditioning and more

Alright, so I'm not sure if the title for the article is appropriate for what I'm going to talk about since it's about a few things I need advice for. So if anything is wrong, I'm incredibly sorry and I will correct my info/thread headline if I am allowed to.

So I will be taking a voice acting workshop for a few months at the start of July and I am in DESPERATE NEED of some upgrading. I am currently using a donkeys year old Blue Yeti mic (Hardware) and using Audacity (Software) to record in.

Now I have been told if I want to be taken more seriously in the VO work, ESPECIALLY if its to record more professional work, I need more equipment, such as condenser mics and pre-amps, as well as better software. ANd maybe mic stands if that also applies with these types of mics.

Now I was told we would be communicating and learning from the tutors over a voice-chat software, most likely Skype or Discord. So saying that, as I have no true experience with using microphones in live situations, I need to account for this as well.

If you can recommend any microphones, pre-amps, recording software, or other software to help when using platforms such as a Skype/Discord/etc, that would be phenomenal.

I don't mind how in-depth you go from personal experiences with microphone/preamp quality, or the interface of certain pre-amp/recording softwares. Or even if there are some videos or websites online that do in-depth into these sorts of things as well.