Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #121
Marakutanay

Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

This is all just pure speculation, but the recasting of Erin Fitzgerald might also support the idea that Bang Zoom was involved in this. Erin did not return for the last Neptunia game because of union issues, that game was released in October last year so her decision must've been made a couple of months before that. However she did return for Chie in Cross Tag Battle(most likely PCB), released recently, and she also was in Terraformars(Studiopolis), released at the beggining of this year. I doubt that she has agreed to be in those titles before refusing Neptunia. I don't know if she has appeared in another CoT title recently but if this last batch of characters was done at Bang Zoom might be the reason why she was recasted.

Again, this is all just pure speculation.
Marakutanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #122
technickal

So...does anyone think “Alicia Stratten” could be the uncredited actress behind the YoRHa Commander in Nier: Automata? Same Wendee Lee/Cup of Tea talent pool, and I hear a bit of Laegjarn in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8Kzy3U7uk (Potential spoilers.)
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #123
Stelman257

I don't hear any of Laegjarn at all in the Commander's voice, it's far more "restrained" almost in it's delivery, where's Laegjarn's is much deeper and huskier.
Stelman257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #124
technickal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelman257 View Post
I don't hear any of Laegjarn at all in the Commander's voice, it's far more "restrained" almost in it's delivery, where's Laegjarn's is much deeper and huskier.
Well, itís not like voice actors canít change their delivery to fit the individual characters. But yes, on second thought it is more than a bit of a stretch.

Might as well go with the Bang Zoom theory then and look for commonly uncredited/aliased VAs there, because I otherwise canít seem to find any Cup of Tea regulars that sound like Stratten.
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #125
Beldarius

I've been trying to figure out who Walden James could be - been browsing through BtVA listening to people from Bob Buchholz dubs for the most part, and the one guy who really stands out to me is Kim Strauss.

Of course this guy hasn't really been doing anything for like ten years, and the resemblance is very vague, but he was honestly the best I could find.

Others who I thought somewhat matched were Brian Beacock, Steve Bulen, Richard Cansino, Darrel Guilbeau, Joe Ochman, Jan Rabson, Chris Smith (honestly, Reinhardt does sound a little like Iago), Steve Staley (with his McGillis voice) and Derek Stephen Prince (as Vexen). However, Strauss is still the closest - I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

Last edited by Beldarius; 1 Week Ago at 03:54 PM.
Beldarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #126
MHUltimate2013DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldarius View Post
I've been trying to figure out who Walden James could be - been browsing through BtVA listening to people from Bob Buchholz dubs for the most part, and the one guy who really stands out to me is Kim Strauss.

Of course this guy hasn't really been doing anything for like ten years, and the resemblance is very vague, but he was honestly the best I could find.

Others who I thought somewhat matched were Brian Beacock, Steve Bulen, Richard Cansino, Darrel Guilbeau, Joe Ochman, Jan Rabson, Chris Smith (honestly, Reinhardt does sound a little like Iago), Steve Staley (with his McGillis voice) and Derek Stephen Prince (as Vexen). However, Strauss is still the closest - I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.
That might actually might not be farfetched after all because surprisingly he reprised his character in the Eureka 7 movie.
MHUltimate2013DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #127
Nightmare Crusher

Quote:

Are you just tossing out every name you can think of? This kind of wild guessing has kept us spinning our wheels on this issue from the beginning. Some of these guesses are just painfully off the mark. Christopher Corey Smith as Walden James? You can't be serious.

That's not even getting into the logistical issue that the apparent Bob Buchholz casting didn't start until AFTER Walden James was in the game, IE at launch.

Every known Walden James/Walter Rego role has been attached to Kris Zimmerman-Salter with the only exceptions being Heroes, where he's reprising something and some long forgotten 90s cartoon called
Bureau of Alien Detectors with Jamie Simone. If Walden is a well known actors it's someone who regularly works with KZS, which i don't think Kim Strauss ever has.
Old 1 Week Ago   #128
NCZ
Admin

First off I think the interest is appreciated.

That being said I don't think the whole scatterehot approach is the way to go here. a vague resemblance is not enough. If there's an actor with a 1:1 match to ALL of Walden James/Walter Rego's roles, that's when there'll be a real lead. So I would like to emphasize that people don't go too wild when it comes to listing every possible name.

Also, I would stress that the idea that it's a "well known"/regular dub VA is probably not the right train of thought here. The fact that he's so scarce combined with the pedigree of other actors, and that he only seems to work for KZS nowadays, suggests pretty strongly to ne that ge's some screen/theatre actor, or maybe even a semi-retired one, who happens to sometimes do (non-union) VO on the side. It's not going to be anyone "obvious" liie most of the names there.

Going forth please keep this in mind, similarly for other aliases/actors.

Last edited by NCZ; 1 Week Ago at 04:59 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #129
Beldarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
The fact that he's so scarce combined with the pedigree of other actors, and that he only seems to work for KZS nowadays, suggests pretty strongly to ne that ge's some screen/theatre actor, or maybe even a semi-retired one, who happens to sometimes do (non-union) VO on the side. It's not going to be anyone "obvious" liie most of the names there.
Kim Strauss is semi-retired, though - he hasn't been around for 10 years, until the Eureka 7 movie popped up.

...Also, wait a minute, is Walden James the same Walter Rego who plays Jean Descole in Professor Layton?

There is also another possibility that I just thought of. It's entirely possible Walden James is a Canadian voice actor, as KZS has directed Ocean Group dubs before - that could explain why he's so obscure and hard to find.
Beldarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #130
NCZ
Admin

Quote:
Kim Strauss is semi-retired, though - he hasn't been around for 10 years, until the Eureka 7 movie popped up.
That doesn't matter if the voice sounds nothing like his, which is one of the main points here. (Which it, to be frank, really doesn't.) There's also no history of him using aliases like this, working with KZS, etc. There's just no real evidence and that's what we need to move forward.

Quote:
There is also another possibility that I just thought of. It's entirely possible Walden James is a Canadian voice actor, as KZS has directed Ocean Group dubs before - that could explain why he's so obscure and hard to find.
That seems unlikely because the only non-KZS thing he's known to be in is also US.

Last edited by NCZ; 1 Week Ago at 09:41 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote