Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 04-28-2013   #21
PsychicVoiceSpy

Default Re: Batman: Arkham Origins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Under The Red Hood's was older but YJ's was pretty young and AO could do a better job than YJ did with his voice.
Yeah, but he would sound absolutely nothing like a young Kevin Conroy Batman. It wouldn't make sense to cast someone in a younger version of a Kevin Conroy voiced Batman that doesn't sound anything like him at all. At least if they got Rino Romano he could sound somewhat like Kevin Conroy except younger, it would be more believable.

I'm betting whoever they've got to voice Batman this time most definitely has not voiced the character before, but I could be wrong.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #22
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicVoiceSpy View Post
Yeah, but he would sound absolutely nothing like a young Kevin Conroy Batman. It wouldn't make sense to cast someone in a younger version of a Kevin Conroy voiced Batman that doesn't sound anything like him at all. At least if they got Rino Romano he could sound somewhat like Kevin Conroy except younger, it would be more believable.

I'm betting whoever they've got to voice Batman this time most definitely has not voiced the character before, but I could be wrong.
Agreed. Rino would be an interesting choice, but I would like to see a new guy take the role.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #23
VctrBnsn

Oh, i know someone cool to play Deathstroke. Lance Henriksen.

Old 04-28-2013   #24
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
Agreed. Rino would be an interesting choice, but I would like to see a new guy take the role.
Who do you think would make a good young Batman? Also, is anyone else looking forward to how they use Alfred in this game? I hope he has a somewhat substantial role.
Old 04-28-2013   #25
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

I nominate David Hayter for Batman.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #26
Red524

Quote:
I second that.
Red524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #27
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Does that mean the game will end with Black Mask double-crossing Deathstroke and Deathstroke yelling "I dedicated my life to you!"?
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #28
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevengeanceknight View Post
does that mean the game will end with black mask double-crossing deathstroke and deathstroke yelling "i dedicated my life to you!"?
yes! Thank you!! That was my exact inspiration!!!

Old 04-29-2013   #29
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicVoiceSpy View Post
Who do you think would make a good young Batman? Also, is anyone else looking forward to how they use Alfred in this game? I hope he has a somewhat substantial role.
Troy Baker.

And I am glad to see Alfred have a much bigger role.

BTW, anyone else afraid this game might suck. Paul Dini's not returning, neither is Rocksteady, Kevin Conroy, or Mark Hamill. And the fact that this Batman is gonna be headstrong and inexperienced doesn't sit well with me. I know Batman can't always be the perfect hero, but an entire game based around a Bat-prick?

Old 04-29-2013   #30
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
Troy Baker.

And I am glad to see Alfred have a much bigger role.

BTW, anyone else afraid this game might suck. Paul Dini's not returning, neither is Rocksteady, Kevin Conroy, or Mark Hamill. And the fact that this Batman is gonna be headstrong and inexperienced doesn't sit well with me. I know Batman can't always be the perfect hero, but an entire game based around a Bat-prick?
I'm choosing to be hopeful, but there is plenty to be concerned about. If you ask me, not bringing back Kevin Conroy seems a little pointless. I'm guessing Batman is going to be in his early or mid twenties... there's no reason for him to sound dramatically different from this part in the Arkham time-line to AA and AC. If you ask me they should have cut the crap and brought Kevin back, and well, you know, let him flex his muscles as an actor? He could sound slightly younger and it would be a nice change of pace for him. I guess it depends on who they cast, but it still seems somewhat pointless to recast him.

I don't care much about Paul Dini not returning this time as long as they get someone good (I felt the writing in Arkham City was rather lacking at times anyway), but I do care about Mark Hamill not coming back. I don't know who they're gonna cast, but frankly, I'm not looking forward to finding out. (I also have lukewarm feelings towards Richard Epcar in the role.)

Rocksteady not returning is also not a plus for me. I think this is a case of Warner Bros trying to get each game out within a two-year deadline, and if Uncharted 3 was anything to go by, that's a horrible way to make a game. Uncharted 3 wasn't bad, but I could tell that if they had another year to work on it everything would have been twice as good and ha blown it's predecessor out of the water. Warner Bros taking over while Rocksteady works on something else doesn't bother me all too much, but the fact they're trying to pump these games out every two years doesn't set well with me and I can already imagine an unpolished, ultimately unsatisfying dud that barely hits the mark when it could have been a masterpiece... Yeah, a lot of cynicism, I know. But then you also have cases like Mass Effect 3 (which I haven't played) trying to fit into a deadline sometimes it just makes what should have been destined masterpieces fall short.

I agree with you on Bat-prick, I hope the writers focus more on the insanity of the darkest elements of crime in Gotham effecting a relatively inexperienced Batman more then him being a head-strong prick.

Last edited by PsychicVoiceSpy; 04-29-2013 at 03:41 PM.