Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2016   #1
Sharkssmart

Default VAs receiving union offers.

*This thread may get closed, but what the hell!*

In one perspective, it is a dream come true for any actor in LA, but on the other hand, it is like losing your star player to a top of the range sports team who just throws offers at whoever they can find worth investing in.

From what I read through research, is that Troy Baker accepted a union contract a few years ago with either SAG or AFTRA. This sucks because it means he isn't allowed to work for a production company that doesn't hover over Union territory. In this case, it means he isn't allowed to work at the place where he began his VA career, FUNimation Studios. Now I completely understand that the pay at FUNi is nothing in comparison to what he earns today (check his NetWorth), but saying that, it's like he isn't allowed to visit his old school anymore.

I also feel like Travis Willingham is also heading for that road, but he's still voicing Portgaz D. Ace in One Piece, and he was in the BlazBlue dub (outsourced to LA by FUNimation) recently, so he's most likely just temporarily FiCore until he wraps up Ace.

Seeing that Crispin Freeman and Steve Blum are still in Durarara!! makes me wonder if there are exceptions to these union rules (maybe character reprisals are exceptions), or it's probable that Aniplex projects fell under union?

My head hurts.

Old 01-18-2016   #2
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Default Re: VAs receiving union offers.

Closed Thread