Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Old 08-07-2019   #1871
Brave-King-Shishio

Default Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts

The Light (Young Justice)

Uxas/Darkseid: Christopher Judge (Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto, X-Men: Evolution)

Vandal Savage (L-1): Michael Wincott (Death, Darksiders II) OR Paul St. Peter (Xemnas, Kingdom Hearts II)
Ra's al Ghul (L-2): Douglas Rye (Oda Nobunaga, Samurai Warriors)
Lex Luthor (L-3): Billy Zane ("Ansem, Seeker of Darkness", Kingdom Hearts)
Queen Bee (L-4): Angela Bassett (Shatter, Bumblebee)
Orm/Ocean Master (L-5): Christopher Daniel Barnes (Otto Octavius/Superior Spider-Man, Marvel Heroes)
The Brain (L-6): Rene Auberjonois (Desaad, Justicfe League)
Klarion the Witch Boy (L-7): Kyle McCarley (Shinji Matou, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works [2015])
David Hyde/Black Manta (L-8): Ving Rhames (Cobra Bubbles, Lilo & Stitch)
Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (L-9): Peter Weller (Bruce Wayne/Batman, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
Gretchen Goode/Granny Goodness (L-10): Meg Foster (Hera, Xena: Warrior Princess)

Lawrence Crock/Sportsmaster: Mick Wingert (Raphael, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan)
Sandra Wu-San/Lady Shiva: Minga-Na Wen (Agent Melinda May, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
Brave-King-Shishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019   #1872
HyperVoiceActing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave-King-Shishio View Post

Vandal Savage (L-1): Michael Wincott (Death, Darksiders II) OR Paul St. Peter (Xemnas, Kingdom Hearts II)
Orm/Ocean Master (L-5): Christopher Daniel Barnes (Otto Octavius/Superior Spider-Man, Marvel Heroes)

Klarion the Witch Boy (L-7): Kyle McCarley (Shinji Matou, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works [2015])
Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (L-9): Peter Weller (Bruce Wayne/Batman, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)

Gretchen Goode/Granny Goodness (L-10): Meg Foster (Hera, Xena: Warrior Princess)

Lawrence Crock/Sportsmaster: Mick Wingert (Raphael, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan)
Sandra Wu-San/Lady Shiva: Minga-Na Wen (Agent Melinda May, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
Favorites in bold. Zane as Luthor is especially interesting

(also I could have sworn I made this comment already)
HyperVoiceActing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019   #1873
HK-47 master

Quote:

I haven't seen Season 3 of Young Justice yet, but I like the cast you've laid out for the Light. I particularly like CDB as Ocean Master, it's such an out-of-the-box casting choice that I could see working very nicely.

As an addition, I felt like making my own cast for the Light using yours as a template and using choices that I've used before in my previous casts:

Darkseid-Peter Weller

Vandal Savage (L-1)-Billy Zane
Ra's al Ghul (L-2)-Giancarlo Esposito
Lex Luthor (L-3)-Lex Lang
Queen Bee (L-4)-Claudia Black
Orm/Ocean Master (L-5)-Crispin Freeman
The Brain (L-6)-Armin Shimmerman
Klarion the Witch-Boy (L-7)-Todd Haberkorn
Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (L-9)-Robert Patrick
Granny Goodness (L-10)-Barbara Goodson

Lawrence Crook/Sportsmaster-Skip Stellrecht
Lady Shiva-Minae Noji

So what does anyone think?
HK-47 master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019   #1874
HyperVoiceActing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47 master View Post
I haven't seen Season 3 of Young Justice yet, but I like the cast you've laid out for the Light. I particularly like CDB as Ocean Master, it's such an out-of-the-box casting choice that I could see working very nicely.

As an addition, I felt like making my own cast for the Light using yours as a template and using choices that I've used before in my previous casts:

Darkseid-Peter Weller

Lady Shiva-Minae Noji

I like it. Favorites in bold of course, but it's an overall solid cast
HyperVoiceActing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019   #1875
8000 Saiyans

Quote:

Such an awesome cast, man. Really love Michael Wincott as Vandal Savage, Ming-na Wen as Lady Shiva, Peter Weller as Deathstroke, Ving Rhames as Black Manta and Billy Zane as Lex Luthor. CDB as Ocean Master also sounds intriguing.
8000 Saiyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019   #1876
Brave-King-Shishio

Quote:

Darkseid-Peter Weller

Lady Shiva-Minae Noji

Wanna say, first and foremost, thank you all so much for your responses! They have been amazing, and this is easily one of my favourite casts I've made full stop!

Second, HK-47, as always, I love seeing a new cast from you; Skip Skellrecht as Sportsmaster along with Robert Patrick as Deathstroke are definitely my MVPs of this cast, Skip is an idea I hadn't even thought of but his Vicious works so well on Crock's take here!
Old 08-10-2019   #1877
Polyester Funk

Quote:

I haven't seen season three yet either, but that's a really nice cast that you've got there.

Christopher Judge as Darkseid is something that I want to happen at some point. I'm pretty sure that I've toyed around with the idea of Meg for Granny as well. Never posted anything about it. Michael Wincott as Vandal Savage, Peter Weller as Deathstroke, Rene Auberjonois as Brain,Ving Rhames as Black Manta, Angela Bassett as Queen Bee and Ming-Na Wen as Lady Shiva are all really good choices.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019   #1878
HK-47 master

Quote:
Wanna say, first and foremost, thank you all so much for your responses! They have been amazing, and this is easily one of my favourite casts I've made full stop!

Second, HK-47, as always, I love seeing a new cast from you; Skip Skellrecht as Sportsmaster along with Robert Patrick as Deathstroke are definitely my MVPs of this cast, Skip is an idea I hadn't even thought of but his Vicious works so well on Crock's take here!
Thanks! This year's been a pretty rough one for me in terms of voice acting, so it's always nice to find inspiration for fancasts to help me bring myself back onto my feet.

Skip Stellrecht deserves more roles and I felt a Young Justice-style Sportsmaster would be a good fit for him, and it's only fitting to get Robert Patrick to play a character originally named "Deathstroke the Terminator".

Also, I've mentioned this before and it's a bit off-topic, but does anyone think that Tony Oliver would make a good Barry Allen/the Flash?
Old 08-10-2019   #1879
Brave-King-Shishio

Quote:
Thanks! This year's been a pretty rough one for me in terms of voice acting, so it's always nice to find inspiration for fancasts to help me bring myself back onto my feet.

Skip Stellrecht deserves more roles and I felt a Young Justice-style Sportsmaster would be a good fit for him, and it's only fitting to get Robert Patrick to play a character originally named "Deathstroke the Terminator".

Also, I've mentioned this before and it's a bit off-topic, but does anyone think that Tony Oliver would make a good Barry Allen/the Flash?
Absolutely agreed on Skip; the man's not given the credit he deserves!

And the Yellow Flash as the Flash? HA! Sign me up for that. XD
Old 08-10-2019   #1880
HK-47 master

Quote:
Absolutely agreed on Skip; the man's not given the credit he deserves!

And the Yellow Flash as the Flash? HA! Sign me up for that. XD
Yeah, it's always nice to see VAs who don't get much work getting cast.

Also; another thought I've had was Kyle Hebert as Superman since I think he could voice match Jerry O'Connell.