Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 10-04-2019   #211
NitroEX

Default Re: Dragon Ball Z: Miscellaneous Vancouver

I noticed there's now a voice compare for Uub which is great. I've been out of the loop on discussion for a while and so I'm curious how you figured out that it was Reece Thompson who voiced him in the Ocean dub? That was a mystery for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millicent View Post
Just came to me. The issue of Peter Kelamis as Roshi. While Kelamis taking over as Goku is long since settled and confirmed (despite Kelamis never being credited in the TV dub to my knowledge) the assumption that he also took over for Roshi has never sat right with me. Again, it's hard for me to link to this stuff, but just check out the Roshi voice compare. The aforementioned CrystalAcids source links it to Richard Newman, and while I can't think of any similar performances (closest is the alien he played in those Project A-ko OVAs I think) it does sound more probable than Kelamis, who I just don't hear at all, even given how cartoony the performance. I believe that clip in the voice compare is the sole extent of Post-Corlett, Pre-Klassen Roshi (for the TV show anyway).
Kelamis confirmed this himself https://youtu.be/NomSYuGM7r8?t=1754

Quote:
Also, if it were Kelamis, why didn't he continue when they had to resume the dub for can-con reasons at the end of the Trunks Saga? He was already reprising Goku, and they seemed to have gotten everyone back--barring those that would leave eventually due to the aggressive schedule. And yet, it was Klassen from the very moment they picked the dub back up again.
Probably because they weren't happy with Kelamis' version of it. The revival of the Ocean dub provided them with an opportunity to make some changes that would have been too jarring if done at the time Ian Corlett left.
NitroEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019   #212
millicent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroEX View Post
I noticed there's now a voice compare for Uub which is great. I've been out of the loop on discussion for a while and so I'm curious how you figured out that it was Reece Thompson who voiced him in the Ocean dub? That was a mystery for a long time.
It was through comparison to his roles in Inuyasha and Infinite Ryvius. It partly has to do with how good an actor Thompson is/was. When I checked out Ocean Oob the other day to see if I had any ideas, my first thought was "oh yeah, this is that really good child actor from the early 00's... Reece Thompson, right?"

Quote:
Kelamis confirmed this himself https://youtu.be/NomSYuGM7r8?t=1754
Sweet, thanks.
millicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019   #213
NitroEX

Quote:
It was through comparison to his roles in Inuyasha and Infinite Ryvius. It partly has to do with how good an actor Thompson is/was. When I checked out Ocean Oob the other day to see if I had any ideas, my first thought was "oh yeah, this is that really good child actor from the early 00's... Reece Thompson, right?"
Oh, good find. I was unfamiliar with the Inuyasha dub so I previously threw out Christopher Turner as a possibility but Reece makes more sense timeline-wise.
Old 02-21-2020   #214
NitroEX

Default Re: Dragon Ball Voices - Canadian Cast

Do we know who played Piiza and Pirozhki?

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...-Ball-Z/Piiza/
https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...ll-Z/Pirozhki/