Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 06-10-2014   #71
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Post Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Now come on Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. Those guys I'm really worried about not getting in.
Those are the characters you're worried about? They're basically the safest characters ever.

Quote:
Nuh-uh. That's definitely Antony and Ali's voices. No question about it.
He's joking.

Last edited by NCZ; 06-21-2014 at 09:34 PM.
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014   #72
Dogman15
Banned

Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
Those are the characters you're worried about? They're basically the safest characters ever.
I agree. Captain Falcon's been in every game so far; they wouldn't take him out.
What I'm hoping for is an F-Zero game on Wii U. We already got our Star Fox game announced.
Dogman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014   #73
NCZ

Characters confirmed by Sakurai at a Q&A session! Drumroll...

In this corner, Mr. Game & Watch. And in this corner, Pac-Man!
https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...sion-live-blog

This is not a good year to be David Hayter.
Old 06-10-2014   #74
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

It's odd for them to reveal a big third party character in such a blunt, boring way. Not even a single picture to accompany him outside of the Q&A room.
EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3ccMoQNHo
Never mind, they just put it out.

Last edited by Nightmare Crusher; 06-10-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014   #75
NCZ

Okay, Pac-Man actually looks really good. At first I was a bit iffy on the idea of him being playable, but they managed to pull it off. They used his best design too.
Old 06-10-2014   #76
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
Okay, Pac-Man actually looks really good. At first I was a bit iffy on the idea of him being playable, but they managed to pull it off. They used his best design too.
Those are pretty much my exact thoughts on him as well.
Old 04-05-2015   #77
NCZ

WHO WANTS TO TALK DLC

First off, I'm calling right now that Wolf will be announced at E3 in order to tie in with the new Star Fox game. Mewtwo, Lucas, and Wolf were the only unjustified cuts in the series so far. 2/3 of them are back, so especially with the new SF on the way, there's no reason not to bring back Wolf.

Secondly, newcomers. I'm actually satisfied with the newcomer roster in Sm4sh. I feel it's the best selection of newcomers yet - based not only on the sheer variety between them and uniqueness of each one individually, but also because pretty much everyone I really wanted got in. That said, there is one more character that would make me extremely happy to have in the game.

My top choice for a new character is Wonder Red from The Wonderful 101. Though not as obvious a choice as K. Rool or Captain Toad or the Inklings, I feel that's the exact reason why it's important to vouch for him. Best-case scenario, we have the next Shulk: a character who catches everyone off guard and gets included on the basis of a devoted cult following, raising awareness of their series tenfold. The high-speed, frantic, and OTT action of The Wonderful 101 means that Wonder Red has no shortage of moves to draw from. He'd be a completely natural fit for the game.

My big fear is that Wonderful 101 will end up being a one-shot that gets abandoned after this generation. Just look at how much content Sm4sh has from Elite Beat Agents to prove my point. If they don't strike the iron while it's hot, the series will probably never have a shot for representation again. On the other hand, if Wonder Red were to be added to the game and become popular, it could create a serious demand for the game and maybe even justify a sequel. Platinum is one of the best developers in the industry, TW101 is one of the best games that no one played, and they completely deserve the promotion that would come from having it represented in Smash.

That being said, I would also be totally fine with the Inklings (the timing of the game coming within the same timeframe as the DLC is just too perfect to ignore - I see no reason for Nintendo not to promote one of their biggest new titles), either K. Rool or Dixie (I've always been more attached to Dixie than Rool, but either are good), or a character from the Rhythm Heaven series -- for what is arguably one of the biggest franchises established between Brawl and now, it's downright shocking how it has virtually no content in the game. I'm not going to complain if Snake comes back even if I personally see it as a bit unlikely. Hades would be awesome but as much as I loved Uprising, 4 Kid Icarus characters seems a bit much.

Last edited by NCZ; 04-05-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2015   #78
Bluzziku

I voted for Birdo, I know she has little to no chance regardless and she's extremely controversial which could also be a big hinder on her chance, but she's my favorite character ever so I couldn't help but vote for her, not just to mention she's from my favorite 2D Mario game.

Others I may vote for under separate IP addresses if I get the chance -

Captain Syrup (Wario)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Shantae (Shantae)
Alexandra Rovias (Eternal Darkness)

Looking at my list the only one I can see happening is Dixie XD
Bluzziku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015   #79
NCZ

I would love Captain Syrup to be in the game in some form. Wario Land: Shake It came out just months after Brawl, so I was thinking that game would get some form of acknowledgement. That way we can have Wario, with his current moveset representing WarioWare, and Captain Syrup to give a nod to the Wario Land series. Alas, we just got one song, with everything else being from Game & Wario... in any case, the game needs more villains, and Captain Syrup would be a good choice.

I remember when Shantae only had that one GameBoy Colour game and now she's got a much more established fanbase. Pretty impressive how far she's come. Shantae would fit in very nicely but I feel her relative obscurity compared to the other third-party characters would be an obstacle. But who knows. I've always liked WayForward as developers and they have a decent relationship. It's still a longshot but she is one of the more plausible indie characters. The Wii U version has a Commander Video trophy, so there is some acknowledgement of Nintendo's support of indie titles. Wouldn't be surprised if Shantae gets the same thing.

I agree that Dixie probably has better chances than a lot of other newcomers. She was actually supposed to be in Brawl (she and Diddy were going to be one character with a tag-team gimmick), but they decided to make Diddy his own dude. Especially with her recent major role in Tropical Freeze, she's a totally sensible inclusion. One of the few characters I wanted who didn't make it in. (One of the others was a new Pokemon Trainer, but we know now that the lack of transforming characters will make that impossible. That said, I did want one of the new PT's Pokemon to be Greninja...)

I unfortunately never played Eternal Darkness. I think probably the big obstacle there is that the company who made that game (Silicon Knights) went bankrupt a few years ago.

Last edited by NCZ; 04-06-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2015   #80
Pokejedservo

Ah yes I too am intrigued by the "New Character DLC Ballot" idea that Nintendo is cooking up especially since supposedly Nintendo did say that 3rd party characters are allowed. I wasn't quite sure who to pick since I only had one choice but I ended up with picking Pauline from Donkey Kong. I went with the idea because it would be nice to reunite the original Donkey Kong cast and have them be playable. (That and Pauline can use purse/umbrella attacks as well.) Could I have picked better choices? Perhaps but since I only have one choice in this case well, I thought I go with someone I would want and still has a decent chance of actually getting in. Though I do agree with some of the other ideas here such as Captain Syrup and the like.

Though I do wonder considering how many characters make the cut as DLC characters I wonder if Nintendo would rerelease the game with a "Ultimate Edition" basically having all the DLC characters with it in the 3DS and Wii U (or just the Wii U) versions.
Pokejedservo is offline   Reply With Quote