Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 12-07-2018   #11
Abdullab
Banned

Default Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDayman View Post
Oh man, this game has everything I didn't want in a new Marvel game

- MCU/Avengers Assemble designs
- Avengers Assemble voice actors
- "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3: See Avengers 4 in theaters May 3, 2019!"

Honestly, this game doesn't look any better (graphics wise) than their mobile releases. And a Switch exclusive? I can't.
This comment made me laugh alot
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018   #12
D.A.V.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The Ultimate Alliance series is making a return as a Switch exclusive for a game that sees the heroes of the Marvel Universe facing off against Thanos and the Black Order.

From what I can hear in the trailer, Nolan North is reprising Rocket Raccoon, Steve Blum is once again reprising Wolverine, and Isaac Singleton Jr. is reprising Thanos.

Fury's voice sounds like whoever voices him in the Marvel mobile games.
The Green Goblin's in the trailer, so I really hope that Blum does double duty as him.
D.A.V.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018   #13
TheDayman

Also (no surprise) Robbie Daymond hinted that he's voicing Spider-Man and it sounds like Travis Willingham is back as Sandman.
TheDayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018   #14
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Also (no surprise) Robbie Daymond hinted that he's voicing Spider-Man and it sounds like Travis Willingham is back as Sandman.
I`ve always thought Travis was preety weak as Sandman hopefully they have him reprise Kingpin since he sounded great as him in Spider-Man PS4. Also nothing from the trailer for me says Travis is Sandman
Old 12-07-2018   #15
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A.V.E. View Post
The Green Goblin's in the trailer, so I really hope that Blum does double duty as him.
at best since the cast is using the cartoon cast we can propably expect Keaton or best Armin Shimerman since he voiced him in UA 2 but who knows
Old 12-07-2018   #16
Music Meister

I shouldn’t be disappointed by this cause I knew it would never happen but I was hoping if there would be a new Ultimate Alliance it would adapt a version of The Beyonder story from Spider-Man TAS.
It would have worked easily for the games.
Old 12-07-2018   #17
Frontier

Quote:
I thought it was pretty likely Robbie would reprise Spider-Man in this, so nice to see that looks to be the case.

(Also I saw a twitter of Robbie and Yuri Lowenthal together in a booth. I wonder if that was for a recording of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon where Yuri's played a few characters or for something else...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
at best since the cast is using the cartoon cast we can propably expect Keaton or best Armin Shimerman since he voiced him in UA 2 but who knows
Nolan North also sounds like he's Rocket and he did the Goblin in the Lego Marvel games (and I think Disney Infinity?), so it's anyone's guess who will voice the Goblin.

I wouldn't rule out Josh (although maybe he'll end up reprising Ant-Man?) but it's kind of funny to think of him voicing the Green Goblin in an upcoming Lego special and game when we haven't even really heard him as the Goblin in the actual Spider-Man cartoon.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018   #18
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Meister View Post
I shouldn’t be disappointed by this cause I knew it would never happen but I was hoping if there would be a new Ultimate Alliance it would adapt a version of The Beyonder story from Spider-Man TAS.
It would have worked easily for the games.
beyonder is an underrated character in Marvel media. he only got 2 cartoons
Old 12-09-2018   #19
The Doctor

Never thought that if MUA3 was ever announced, I would not be excited for it.

To be fair, if this had come out soon after the second one, doing a semi-adaptation of the Infinity Gauntlet wouldn't be terrible idea for the third MUA game. The story is big in scope, so there's in-story reason for the huge cast of playable characters, the hunt for the infinity gems does provide plausible reason for visiting different corners of Marvel Universe and Thanos is perfect final boss material. But the fact that this is coming out just after the biggest Marvel movie to date also did its version of the story and it's getting a direct sequel next year, does make this feel like cynical marketing move and is one more instance of Marvel snuffing creativity for the sake of MCU tie-ins.

As a small personal gripe, I'm not too happy that this is going to be a Switch exclusive, since I don't own that console and can't really justify buing it just for one game. Sure, now I know how Spider-Man fans who don't own PS4 feel, but it's still annoying.

If I have to say something nice, I actually like the art style and graphics. The game looks colorful and like I was looking at a moving comic book drawings. Seeing glimpses of Wolverine and Sentinels also makes me hopeful that Marvel is finally stopping their childish X-Men/F4 ban (granted, it took Disney buing Fox for that to happen, but its nice nonetheless).
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #20
Shaun Ince

Imagine if this game was announced as a multiplat game & you end up with different VA's accross multiple versions of the game. Basically the same scenario as the previous two games.
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote