Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Anime

Anime Discuss everything in the world of Anime here.

Old 10-06-2014   #1
MegaMike1990

Default Akame ga Kill!

I have been watching an anime called "Akame ga Kill!", and I find it very interesting. The anime itself has brutal violence in it. It also does have some hilarity as well.

It has been since licensed by Sentai Filmworks, so that leads to this question. Who do you think plays the characters in English dub?

My guess it would be Emily Neves as Akame, either Josh Grelle or Blake Shepard as Tatsumi, and Genevieve Simmons as Esdeath.

So, what are your thoughts about the anime.
Old 10-06-2014   #2
Jared Delgado

Default Re: Akame ga Kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMike1990 View Post
I have been watching an anime called "Akame ga Kill!", and I find it very interesting. The anime itself has brutal violence in it. It also does have some hilarity as well.

It has been since licensed by Sentai Filmworks, so that leads to this question. Who do you think plays the characters in English dub?

My guess it would be Emily Neves as Akame, either Josh Grelle or Blake Shepard as Tatsumi, and Genevieve Simmons as Esdeath.

So, what are your thoughts about the anime.
You got me there. I was hoping Funimation would have the rights to the dub, and I'm not quite familiar with the Sentai talent pool, or half of the shows for that matter. I was thinking John Swasey would play the minister, David Wald as Bols, Vic Mignogna as Ran, Monica Rial as Seryu and Brittney Karbowski as Mine.
Jared Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014   #3
MegaMike1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Delgado View Post
You got me there. I was hoping Funimation would have the rights to the dub, and I'm not quite familiar with the Sentai talent pool, or half of the shows for that matter. I was thinking John Swasey would play the minister, David Wald as Bols, Vic Mignogna as Ran, Monica Rial as Seryu and Brittney Karbowski as Mine.
Well, all 5 you have mentioned have worked for ADV/Sentai. I also wish that some Funimation-based people would work on the show as well, but that seems to be unlikely.

However, I will add more characters who I think the voice actors will play: Luci Christian as Leone, Greg Ayres as Lubbock, David Matranga as Bulat, Shannon Emerick as Sheele, Caitlynn French as Chelsea, Chris Patton as Susanoo, and Andrew Love as Syura.

Oh, and forgot this: Shelley Calene-Black as Najenda

Last edited by MegaMike1990; 10-08-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Adding who I think which voice actor plays who on mentioned show
Old 10-16-2014   #4
MegaMike1990

I am thinking about making a request for the show to be on the website as soon as the run of the first season is over. If someone has beaten me to it, then I would not be too upset about that because I would appreciate if the show is on the website in the near future.
Old 10-17-2014   #5
Jared Delgado

Quote:
Well, all 5 you have mentioned have worked for ADV/Sentai. I also wish that some Funimation-based people would work on the show as well, but that seems to be unlikely.

However, I will add more characters who I think the voice actors will play: Luci Christian as Leone, Greg Ayres as Lubbock, David Matranga as Bulat, Shannon Emerick as Sheele, Caitlynn French as Chelsea, Chris Patton as Susanoo, and Andrew Love as Syura.

Oh, and forgot this: Shelley Calene-Black as Najenda
my ides on who will be Wave and Kurome: Christopher Ayers and Tiffany Grant, respectively.
Old 10-17-2014   #6
MegaMike1990

Quote:
my ides on who will be Wave and Kurome: Christopher Ayers and Tiffany Grant, respectively.
I think that Chris Ayres' voice is too deep for Wave's. I think the guy who voiced Takashi on High School of the Dead (Leraldo Anzaldua) would play him instead.

As for Tiffany Grant as Kurome, I am not sure that would work as well. If not Luci Christian, then I would also see her as a possible Leone.

Just my opinion though.
Old 10-28-2014   #7
MegaMike1990

Actually, maybe I should switch the voice actors for Bulat and Syura to make Andrew Love voice Bulat, and David Matranga voice Syura.

The reason for that is that I feel that Andrew Love would fit Bulat very well, and that David Matranga already voiced a Ryohei Kimura character (Angel Beats' Hideki Hinata)

Last edited by MegaMike1990; 10-28-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-28-2014   #8
Jared Delgado

Okay, so that leaves the final question: Who will be a better fit for Tatsumi; Josh Grelle or Blake Shepard. Personally I would go with Josh, considering that he's been on a roll since last year.
Old 10-28-2014   #9
MegaMike1990

Quote:
Okay, so that leaves the final question: Who will be a better fit for Tatsumi; Josh Grelle or Blake Shepard. Personally I would go with Josh, considering that he's been on a roll since last year.
I agree with using Josh. Also, I would use the person who voiced Grunhilde Serenity on "Bodacious Space Pirates" as the Emperor. The reason why is that the seiyuu for the Emperor is female, and Grunhilde is about as young as the Emperor. Also, she has voiced young boys before according to her MyAnimeList.com page.
Old 10-28-2014   #10
Jared Delgado

Quote:
I agree with using Josh. Also, I would use the person who voiced Grunhilde Serenity on "Bodacious Space Pirates" as the Emperor. The reason why is that the seiyuu for the Emperor is female, and Grunhilde is about as young as the Emperor. Also, she has voiced young boys before according to her MyAnimeList.com page.
Then it's settled. We have all the main and secondary characters.