Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 10-20-2018   #1
Fulgore2005

Post Games deserving a HD version or remake

With games like the PSX trilogies of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro having a remake and game collections like Street Fighter 30th Anniversary, what games would you like to see get a remake or put in later consoles? I'll give a few of my own choices.

Jet Set Radio Future: While the original JSR had a remake for later consoles, the same is yet to be said for the sequel. JSRF is one of my favourite games on the original Xbox, and I would love for it to be playable on later consoles.

Harry Potter series: With the two Lego games now available as a one disc collection, I'd love for Warner Bros. to bring back the game adaptions of the films. I wouldn't mind if they wanted to redo some of them. I personally felt that Order Of The Phoenix and Deathly Hallow (Part 2) could have done more with Dumbledore's Army. (Phoenix could have had all the members of the DA making a physical in-game appearance and maybe included Leanne if they wanted to do something different. DH Part 2 could have included the DA for its climax.)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skaters 1-4: I really got into skating games because of the series, especially thanks to 3. I believe the series still holds up well and can appeal to gamers unfamiliar with the classics. The 2012 HD game was alright, but wasn't as great as the originals IMO.

F-Zero GX: If Nintendo doesn't make a new F-Zero (I really hope they do), I would at least settle for GX to be put on the Switch. I said years ago the game holds up well, and I still believe that now.

Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018   #2
GreenGoblin75

Default Re: Games deserving a HD version or remake

Metal Gear 1 and 2. The MSX titles.

Would love to see David Hayter, Kiefer Sutherland, Paul Eiding, and Robin Atkin Downes in one game.
Old 10-20-2018   #3
Jake2.0

- Final Fantasy VIII
- Super Mario RPG
- Any Jane's Combat Simulations
- Mother 3
- Resident Evil 3
- Takeshi's Challenge
Jake2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018   #4
akersaotome

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin75 View Post
Metal Gear 1 and 2. The MSX titles.

Would love to see David Hayter, Kiefer Sutherland, Paul Eiding, and Robin Atkin Downes in one game.
I was thinking about making a thread about games from the 20th century remade for the 21st. Thankfully someone beat me to it.

As for Metal Gear 1 and 2 from the MSX remade for this century? Absolutely yes; if the universe were to smile kindly to us. It would have to be with beautiful AAA style graphics, performance capture, voice over and the important 2; Hideo Kojima and David Hayter.

Another game I'd like to see with a 21st century touch is Final Fantasy 8. Full voice over, much nicer graphics and beautiful audio is all I ask.

Not a remake/HD version but I personally would love to see a Streets of rage game. This time, its more of a celebration of the game and Sega's successful era. This game should be made by Ancient with SOR 2 art style, nice animation, useful movesets, excellent music from Yuzo Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima and all playable characters from the 3 games. This idea does sound alot like the fan made game Streets of rage remake by Bombergames. However; that game unfortunately Bombergames received a cease and desist from Sega.

To make this official Sega game a celebration is the inclusion of guest human characters from Sega's legacy. This can include the likes of Sketch Turner from Comix Zone, Shadow Yamoto from Eternal Champions, characters from D.D. Crew and Joe Musashi from Shinobi.
akersaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018   #5
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Games deserving a HD version or remake

Quote:
Originally Posted by akersaotome View Post
I was thinking about making a thread about games from the 20th century remade for the 21st. Thankfully someone beat me to it.

As for Metal Gear 1 and 2 from the MSX remade for this century? Absolutely yes; if the universe were to smile kindly to us. It would have to be with beautiful AAA style graphics, performance capture, voice over and the important 2; Hideo Kojima and David Hayter.

Another game I'd like to see with a 21st century touch is Final Fantasy 8. Full voice over, much nicer graphics and beautiful audio is all I ask.

Not a remake/HD version but I personally would love to see a Streets of rage game. This time, its more of a celebration of the game and Sega's successful era. This game should be made by Ancient with SOR 2 art style, nice animation, useful movesets, excellent music from Yuzo Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima and all playable characters from the 3 games. This idea does sound alot like the fan made game Streets of rage remake by Bombergames. However; that game unfortunately Bombergames received a cease and desist from Sega.

To make this official Sega game a celebration is the inclusion of guest human characters from Sega's legacy. This can include the likes of Sketch Turner from Comix Zone, Shadow Yamoto from Eternal Champions, characters from D.D. Crew and Joe Musashi from Shinobi.
When you bought up Shadow Yamato, it reminded me of how much I really want a sequel of Eternal Champions or at least a remake of the Sega CD sequel.

Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018   #6
MilanTheVillain01

Send a message via MSN to MilanTheVillain01

The Mass Effect trilogy, even if it was just a straight up port. It may sound petty for a hypothetical thing, but it would've been great if BioWare Edmonton could've spared some team members to work on one, while the rest worked on Anthem & BioWare Montreal worked on Andromeda.

Considering how disappointing Andromeda was to some people, a Mass Effect trilogy PS4/XB1 port would've made a great fall-back plan.
MilanTheVillain01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018   #7
Jared Delgado

To me, it would be Tales of the Abyss; rather than a port, I wanted it to be more of a remake. Heck, even some of the older titles could benefit from a remake.
Jared Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018   #8
Metabad

I'd love to have the first two Tenchu games in an HD remaster, especially the second one regarding its story, so long as they keep the voice cast. Wouldn't even mind new controls either.
Old 11-09-2018   #9
TheDayman

Spider-Man PS1
Bring back the voice cast but switch some of Dee and Daran's roles (have Dee voice Scorpion and have Daran voice J. Jonah)
TheDayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018   #10
The Doctor

I do wish that Resident Evil 2 remake is successful enough that Capcom also remakes 3. Although, truthfully speaking, I have never played RE 3 myself, so I don't know how deserving of a remake it actually is, but I got into RE franchise relatively recently and currently own REmake and RE 4-6 (will eventually get 7 too) on PS4, so getting both "missing" parts on the same system would both complete my collection and give me the whole story (so far anyway).

As a honorable mention, for years I hoped that there was a HD remaster of Spider-Man 2 game, but Insomniac's Spider-Man has filled that niche for me.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote