Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 01-18-2017   #1
TeridaxXD001

Default Anime Request Forums Locked: questions

"Please do not request anime series/movies."

What about missing characters from series/movies already on the site? I've been working on info for Pokémon characters from past seasons and now this seems all for naught.

What about old series/movies that still aren't on the site? I'd assume only new stuff will get added from now on.

Finally, why was this done?

Last edited by TeridaxXD001; 01-18-2017 at 09:58 PM.
TeridaxXD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017   #2
Mr_Ecchi_Man

Default Re: Anime Request Forums Locked: questions

I can only guess but the fact that often requests are labelled as low priority could mean they're not actually as helpful as the people who make them think they are...

Also the fact that most people seem to have completely ignored the staff's guidelines for how to make a proper anime request

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ad.php?t=14342

If nobody's going to bother to do it properly, maybe it's not worth allowing requests?

I'm sure the staff know what's missing and what needs to be updated. As fans we may not like that sometimes it takes a long time for things to get added but I think some fans often forget just how much content (especially anime) there actually is to add; seems never ending cause there's always something new every season (or week to week if a ongoing franchise).

I'm not trying make you feel bad but it's not like anyone on the staff begged you for help regarding the Pokemon franchise did they? (unless you had a Private conversation with someone)

For all we know maybe someone was working on it (and still is) and your info was kind of all for naught... Maybe there will be a big update in the near future; a few months ago some new pages were created for Pokemon TV Specials and Shorts if that's any sign.
Mr_Ecchi_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017   #3
TeridaxXD001

But all the request forums are littered with low priorities, especially the shorts/commercials/rides/other forum. The system we have obviously isn't the best.
Old 07-07-2017   #4
TeridaxXD001

Default Japanese titles

I just wanted to ask, if I may, is there a reason we're being asked not to request anime or video games from most Japanese developers? In my opinion, it just seems unnecessarily restrictive, and there are a lot of titles that would never get added unless requested.

Please don't take this as confrontational, I just don't see the logic in having a limited amount of people working on this.
Old 07-07-2017   #5
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Cuz me and a couple other admins basically already have a really long list of stuff to work on. So we're fully aware of those titles and have them pencilled in to be worked on. In essence because we've already committed to taking care of them there's no need to have other people request them to be added. We keep things pretty tightly scheduled around here so it minimizes instances of people requesting things that we were literally just about to work on or already had planned to tie in with certain dates, events, etc.

Let me put it this way... If this gives an idea of what we already have prioritized, then that gives an idea of what else out there is good to request. If it's not listed odds are it's not on our radar. But if it's on our radar, we were going to work on it anyway so the result is unneeded work from one or more parties involved. It's not an attempt to be restrictive, it's just saying don't try to get hung up on certain things because we're already well aware of them or hard at work to begin with.

Last edited by NCZ; 07-07-2017 at 07:00 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017   #6
TeridaxXD001

I guess that's fair. I guess it's just...I think it's a very broad category to say "got it covered."

I was kind of assuming this meant you were monitoring new releases while older stuff just got ignored. What you're saying is you've basically got a "to do list" and you're holding off on new requests til it's done?

Last edited by TeridaxXD001; 07-07-2017 at 07:09 PM.