Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2021   #1
Anthonyiscool64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default A new discovery of Shadow the Hedgehog's voice

Back in October 2020, there’s been a new discovery of Shadow the Hedgehog’s voice. A lot of people don’t know this, but during the final Hazard Level, Shadow was briefly voiced by Ryan Drummond in a few parts of the final boss battle. It was because David Humphrey forgot to record some missing dialogue as Shadow, so they had Ryan Drummond took over for Humphrey because he was too expensive to bring back. You can hear the voice clips samples here: https://youtu.be/6Mc5vUsMT2E

Drummond as confirmed it on his Twitter account here: https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanthedr...42485855117312 back in October 2020 when a user pointed this out.

Last edited by Anthonyiscool64; 05-03-2021 at 01:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 05-02-2021   #2
Kioea
Top Contributor
 
Kioea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,447
Default Re: A new discovery of Shadow the Hedgehog's voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyiscool64 View Post
I wished the Ryan Drummond page can be updated with Shadow the Hedgehog credited in his filmography of Sonic Adventure 2, but I guess that will never happen.
Anthony, there's a way of asking for things without comments like this. If you say this kind of stuff, people won't want to work with you. Which is a genuine shame, because this is actually interesting info.
Kioea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021   #3
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor
 
Nightmare Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,997
Default Re: A new discovery of Shadow the Hedgehog's voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyiscool64 View Post
There's been a new discovery of Shadow the Hedgehho's voice in Sonic Adventure 2.
Sorry to say that this simply isn't new info. It's interesting, but it's far from a discovery, I'm afraid. I've personally know about this one for a few years now, I'm sure other people knew for even longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyiscool64 View Post
David Humphry finished recording his lines in the Sonic Adventure 2, there were a few lines in the game he forgot to record,
That's an assumption, and not a great one. The chances an actor somehow just forgot to read their lines is fairly silly, but I'll get back to this in a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyiscool64 View Post
So instead of bringing Humphry back to record the missing lines, they had Ryan Drummond record them instead. Because David Humphrey was too expensive to bring back, so they had Ryan Drummond mimic Humhrey's Shadow voice.
Another assumption, and it's not much better. We don't have enough context to say why these lines exist and saying it was because David Humphrey was "too expensive" doesn't make a lot of sense. I doubt the actors in this game were getting paid at different rates. If anything a tight schedule is the more likely answer, but I can't prove that either so I'm not going to state it as fact. Like with what I said about saying David "forgot" his lines, it's best not to make too many assumptions about this kind of thing. All we know is that Ryan Drummond did some lines for Shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyiscool64 View Post
Is there any way that the Ryan Drummond article can be updated?
Aside from not being the place for this, the answer is going to have to be no. We don't have enough information on why these recordings exist. Was Ryan supposed to be Shadow and these were early recordings that were left in the game by mistake? Did David record these lines first, but they were unusable for whatever reason and Ryan had to do a fast replacement? Were Ryan's lines intended as placeholders that were never replaced due to an accident? We don't know enough to say for sure what happened here, so it's not worth opening that can of worms for the moment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyiscool64 View Post
Iím sorry, I didnít mean to offend you. That writing just came out wrong, I didnít mean for that comment to be harmful. I just thought this wasnít the place for pages to be updated. I just thought if I asked about it here, I thought it would get denied. Iím sorry.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but if you knew this wasn't the place to put that kind of request then it shouldn't have been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyiscool64 View Post
But can you please be carful what you write next time, because Iím very sensitive to what people write towards me whenever I post a comment or a thread.
Kioea was nothing but polite to you. If you can't handle a post that soft then, I'm sorry, but that is on you. We can't help it if you react negatively.
__________________
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021   #4
Anthonyiscool64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: A new discovery of Shadow the Hedgehog's voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
Sorry to say that this simply isn't new info. It's interesting, but it's far from a discovery, I'm afraid. I've personally know about this one for a few years now, I'm sure other people knew for even longer.



That's an assumption, and not a great one. The chances an actor somehow just forgot to read their lines is fairly silly, but I'll get back to this in a second.



Another assumption, and it's not much better. We don't have enough context to say why these lines exist and saying it was because David Humphrey was "too expensive" doesn't make a lot of sense. I doubt the actors in this game were getting paid at different rates. If anything a tight schedule is the more likely answer, but I can't prove that either so I'm not going to state it as fact. Like with what I said about saying David "forgot" his lines, it's best not to make too many assumptions about this kind of thing. All we know is that Ryan Drummond did some lines for Shadow.



Aside from not being the place for this, the answer is going to have to be no. We don't have enough information on why these recordings exist. Was Ryan supposed to be Shadow and these were early recordings that were left in the game by mistake? Did David record these lines first, but they were unusable for whatever reason and Ryan had to do a fast replacement? Were Ryan's lines intended as placeholders that were never replaced due to an accident? We don't know enough to say for sure what happened here, so it's not worth opening that can of worms for the moment.




I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but if you knew this wasn't the place to put that kind of request then it shouldn't have been done.



Kioea was nothing but polite to you. If you can't handle a post that soft then, I'm sorry, but that is on you. We can't help it if you react negatively.
I know she was, I just get really nervous so easily when someone replies. Again, I am deeply sorry for that last comment I made, you didn’t mean to make it sound that why. It just came out wrong, I didn’t mean for it to be harmful, I didn’t know it was against the rules to not say stuff like that. But anyways, is there a page I can go to where I can make these kinds of requests for a page to be updated?
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.