Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 05-06-2013   #11
VctrBnsn

Default Re: Avengers Assemble

Based on the fact that this series will be based very much on the movies, it will most likely be JARVIS. I don't mind that though, I think an AI is much more interesting than an Alfred knock off. And David Kaye I'm sure will do a fine job. I actually heard some rumors that Tim Curry would be JARVIS, but that speculation died down pretty fast. That would be very interesting to listen to though wouldn't it?

"Mr. Stark, I am receiving some incoming messages from SHIELD....

......they are not mermaids, they are dugongs.....
......I"M JUST A SWEET TRANSVESTITE........
......the RRRREACH are Earth's saviors

that is all"

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #12
TheVengeanceKnight

It's gonna suck, I know it.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #13
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
It's gonna suck, I know it.
Yeah, we know what you think. But unfortunately, you may be right.

Or it could be just as good as AEMH or even bet... ok, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

But I do want to respect Tyler's response and not make this just an angry fan forum full of complaints and insults. The show premieres this month, we can complain when it actually airs and have an actual opinion on it.

But if Falcon talks to the audience like freakin Malcolm ala USM style, I'll never watch a Marvel show again.

(P.S. even though I'm giving this show a chance, I'm not even gonna bother with Agents of SMASH.)

Old 05-06-2013   #14
SupremeTarantulas

Voices seem good so far except Hawkeye. I have n opinion of Black Widow yet since Laura only did a "kiddy" take on the character and we haven't heard Bumper's Falcon yet. If I heard right Falcon is breaking the 4th wall unless iit's referring to monologues.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #15
UltimateCharm

I'm gonna try and be positive about this. There's a new Avengers animated show coming out. The voice actors are obviously excited about it, if you can't tell by the picture I posted. That has to count for something. Whether it'll be lighter and softer than A: EMH doesn't matter. I loved the 2003 TMNT series when it aired, but I'm enjoying the 2012 series just as much. If the episodes are solid and lively, then the show is a success. Give credit to Marvel Studios. They help create the film The Avengers. How did that go? 3rd highest grossing movie of all time, for starters! While their animation is lacking, Avengers Assemble is their chance to rise up or something.
How many centuries have I walked this world... caught in the crossfire of human existence? I have walked and walked -- and my eyes have beheld such struggle, such suffering, such unmitigated EVIL... The time will come when I hold the secret in my hands; when I will TRULY KNOW THE SOURCE of humanity's evil... ...and that knowledge will lead me through the Abyss ... to the threshold of GOD. And then the Day of Redemption will arrive-- for this weary world...
UltimateCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #16
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCharm View Post
I'm gonna try and be positive about this. There's a new Avengers animated show coming out. The voice actors are obviously excited about it, if you can't tell by the picture I posted. That has to count for something. Whether it'll be lighter and softer than A: EMH doesn't matter. I loved the 2003 TMNT series when it aired, but I'm enjoying the 2012 series just as much. If the episodes are solid and lively, then the show is a success. Give credit to Marvel Studios. They help create the film The Avengers. How did that go? 3rd highest grossing movie of all time, for starters! While their animation is lacking, Avengers Assemble is their chance to rise up or something.
At first I preferred the 2003 TMNT over the 2012 series but it has quickly grown as my favorite as it progressed. That being said I give all comic cartoons a chance no matter what they are. I enjoy most though some like Avengers UTS are almost abominations that never happened but have some good voices now and then while others are products of their time like the 60 's Marvel shows and others are fan favorites that have nostalgia and may be a mixed bag like Spider-Man TAS well others are fan favorites that have excellent well everything almost from writing to voice acting like Avengers EMH was. Then there's shows like this and USM that replaced the fan favorites that were almost perfect as far as comic shows go and have constant backlash and hate as a result even if they do get praise. The 2nd part obviously won't happen and instead could be a product of Loeb's stupidity but if not it will be the other four scenarios. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #17
pokemastanumba1

Smile Re: Avengers Assemble

Indeed, it's definitely not going to be easy for Avengers Assemble to carry on the awesome legacy left by TAEMH, but there is still a glimmer of hope left in Marvel Studios. The art style isn't anything flashy, but the "modernized" character designs should work in their favor, they are trying to follow-up from the extremely successful live-action movie, and of course, the voice actors themselves are obviously very motivated to work on the show.

Of course, given Marvel's recent track record, one could definitely understand why most fans aren't looking forward to the series. Myself, I don't have any high expectations, but I'm still going to give this a chance. After all, nobody else actually expected the recent live-action movie to turn out to become the 3rd-highest grossing film of all-time, right? (then again, Jeph Loeb wasn't involved with that at all)
Old 05-06-2013   #18
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemastanumba1 View Post

Of course, given Marvel's recent track record, one could definitely understand why most fans aren't looking forward to the series. Myself, I don't have any high expectations, but I'm still going to give this a chance. After all, nobody else actually expected the recent live-action movie to turn out to become the 3rd-highest grossing film of all-time, right? (then again, Jeph Loeb wasn't involved with that at all)
Uh, I did.

Like pete, I also give all comic book shows a chance, and had a similar experience with TMNT. I gave Ultimate Spider-Man a chance, but it sadly never grew on me. Hopefully this show will. And even though I said I lost hope for Agents of SMASH, I'll probably still watch the premiere.

Old 05-07-2013   #19
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
Like pete, I also give all comic book shows a chance, and had a similar experience with TMNT. I gave Ultimate Spider-Man a chance, but it sadly never grew on me. Hopefully this show will. And even though I said I lost hope for Agents of SMASH, I'll probably still watch the premiere.
See, it's that kind of mentality that exposes me to diarrhea-puke like USM. Loeb already got me once, he ain't getting me again!
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013   #20
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
See, it's that kind of mentality that exposes me to diarrhea-puke like USM. Loeb already got me once, he ain't getting me again!
Calm down, calm down. Don't worry, I'm just as passionate about these shows as you are, but I'm not yelling my nerd hate around everywhere. I just want to be positive. I'd hate to see either you or me get into trouble.