Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 10-11-2014   #11
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

Default Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series

In a recent interview by our own skeletonking1234, Trevor Devall is working on something big with Marvel. I'd be perfectly fine with this. From what I've heard he's a much better Rocket than Seth Green or Billy West.
Old 10-11-2014   #12
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
In a recent interview by our own skeletonking1234, Trevor Devall is working on something big with Marvel. I'd be perfectly fine with this. From what I've heard he's a much better Rocket than...Billy West.
You shut your filthy mouth, NC! You just shut your filthy mouth!

I have to rewatch the episode of USM with Devall as Rocket. For some reason I can't remember his voice all that well. All I know is that, for me, it goes Billy West > Seth Green.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #13
SupremeTarantulas

The design for Drax doesn't resemble the movie at all. It wasn't blue, Not a fan of Gamora's design either besides the Pink/red highlights in her hair it looks nothing like Zoe Saldana, if that's what they're going for, and the skin is too light. Even Groot looks weird. Star-Lord doesn't look like Chris Pratt that much. It seems this is it's own series judging by dialogue, and the other Marvel shows will probably have died off by the time it premieres.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #14
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
The design for Drax doesn't resemble the movie at all. It wasn't blue
You're right, the movie one wasn't blue.

It was a very dull green, fading to near-gray, just like this art for the new series.

There's no denying that the characters were redesigned to more closely resemble their movie counterparts. Especially when you consider that Drax's former design was this:

Going from a more verdant green to a very dull green/gray? Adding those black/blue pants? The red markings above the eyebrows? Yep. Doesn't resemble the movie at all...

Quote:
Not a fan of Gamora's design either besides the Pink/red highlights in her hair it looks nothing like Zoe Saldana, if that's what they're going for, and the skin is too light.
...You're just messing with us, right, pete? :p Because her design here looks about 95% exactly like an animated Saldana-Gamora would look like, the main difference being the more 'alien' eyes present.
Old 10-11-2014   #15
Polyester Funk

After watching the test footage I'm now inclined to believe that it won't connect to the current Marvel toons and that it'll be its own thing. Which is fine, although it is "test footage" so the style may change a bit. I mean I'm pretty sure that they'll stick with the movie-style designs for the characters, I'm just talking about overall animation. It being it's own thing would be alright, though. If it's set mostly in space it might not have to connect anyway.

I don't think I totally remember what Trevor Devall sounded like as Rocket, but I remember liking him and since he did mention that he was doing something for Marvel I suspect it's this. I'd be fine with Nolan North being him since he does sound similar to Bradley Cooper. Not that I think that they have to have Rocket sound like that, but I'd be OK with it. Wasn't really that big on Seth Green. He's fine in brief cameo appearances, but I'd rather not have him on a whole series. Boy, I hope that it doesn't sound like I'm hating on the guy, I just wasn't to keen on his Rocket voice.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014   #16
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
You're right, the movie one wasn't blue.

It was a very dull green, fading to near-gray, just like this art for the new series.

There's no denying that the characters were redesigned to more closely resemble their movie counterparts. Especially when you consider that Drax's former design was this:

Going from a more verdant green to a very dull green/gray? Adding those black/blue pants? The red markings above the eyebrows? Yep. Doesn't resemble the movie at all...

...You're just messing with us, right, pete? :p Because her design here looks about 95% exactly like an animated Saldana-Gamora would look like, the main difference being the more 'alien' eyes present.
I honestly thought he was dark green most of the movie, he was in dark shots mostly and I guess I wasn't paying attention in his light shots. I think Gamora looks brighter than her movie version, and the eyes give a lizardish appearance so not a fan of this design compared to Saldana's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyester Funk View Post
After watching the test footage I'm now inclined to believe that it won't connect to the current Marvel toons and that it'll be its own thing. Which is fine, although it is "test footage" so the style may change a bit. I mean I'm pretty sure that they'll stick with the movie-style designs for the characters, I'm just talking about overall animation. It being it's own thing would be alright, though. If it's set mostly in space it might not have to connect anyway.

I don't think I totally remember what Trevor Devall sounded like as Rocket, but I remember liking him and since he did mention that he was doing something for Marvel I suspect it's this. I'd be fine with Nolan North being him since he does sound similar to Bradley Cooper. Not that I think that they have to have Rocket sound like that, but I'd be OK with it. Wasn't really that big on Seth Green. He's fine in brief cameo appearances, but I'd rather not have him on a whole series. Boy, I hope that it doesn't sound like I'm hating on the guy, I just wasn't to keen on his Rocket voice.
If it does it's before the events of the USM crossover as Starlord makes that comments about if he's gonna run with him, he'll have to, well whatever finished the sentence. It's probably one of many animated series that tie in with a movie, like Rebels ties in with the new Star Wars trilogy, Disney doing something like it for GotG isn't unlikely and the design changes hint it won't connect, but honestly I think the other shows will fade away by the time this USM probably cancelled at the end of this season and AA and S.M.A.S.H will probably suffer a similar fate, though AA might still be around, I think it has another season.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 10-13-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2014   #17
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
I honestly thought he was dark green most of the movie, he was in dark shots mostly and I guess I wasn't paying attention in his light shots. I think Gamora looks brighter than her movie version, and the eyes give a lizardish appearance so not a fan of this design compared to Saldana's.
I'll concede that it's difficult to get a read on his colour scheme in the movie, but yeah, it's that dull gray/blue/green shade.

Having a slightly different colour scheme or different eyes are very minor when compared to the fact that these are obviously very heavily based on their MCU counterparts.
Old 10-29-2014   #18
virtual revenger

Default rocket raccoon enemies

I wonder if they will be in the new t.v show and who will voice them?
virtual revenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014   #19
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: rocket raccoon enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual revenger View Post
I wonder if they will be in the new t.v show and who will voice them?
Which TV show? The new Guardians of the Galaxy one?
Old 02-25-2015   #20
SupremeTarantulas

Well now that we got a sneak peek of the new Guardians voices and designs, or at least some of them, I'm anxious to see this, assuming it will air alongside USM so they'll have a series to make it an one hour block. I'm thinking that as I said before it takes place before their debut in USM, and that we'll get stories taking place around the course of Seasn 2 of AA, since Thanos is in this.