Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2021   #51
ManVoice
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 70
Default Re: Jellystone

Say, would Daran Norris make a good Yogi Bear? And would Tom Kenny make a good Dick Dastardly?
ManVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021   #52
Jacobrl1999
Member
 
Jacobrl1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 238
Post Re: Jellystone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManVoice View Post
Say, would Daran Norris make a good Yogi Bear? And would Tom Kenny make a good Dick Dastardly?
I think Tom Kenny technically did voice Dastardly in the "Wacky Races" (2017) episode "Grandfather Knows Dast". It was ok. Nothing great, nothing terrible.

As for Daran Norris as Yogi, possibly.
Jacobrl1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021   #53
kof4495
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 40
Default Re: Jellystone

Alright everybody!

Now that the trailer has dropped, how about y'all check out my casting choices:

  • Yogi Bear - Jeff Bergman
  • Cindy Bear - Grace Helbig
  • Huckleberry Hound - Jim Conroy
  • Boo Boo - Eric Bauza
  • Jabberjaw - Kari Wahlgren
  • Top Cat - Thomas Lennon
  • Snagglepuss - Dana Snyder
  • El Kabong - Bernardo de Paula
  • Wally Gator - Joey D'Auria
  • Augie Doggie - Jules de Jongh
  • Doggie Daddy - Fred Tatasciore
  • Jonny Quest - Andrew Frankel
  • Hadiji - Neel Sethi
  • Shag Rugg - Ron Funches
  • Captain Caveman - Jim Cummings
  • Yakky Doodle - Katie Grober
  • Bobbie Looey - Jenny Lorenzo
  • Mr. Jinks - H. Jon Benjamin
  • Magilla Gorilla - Paul Tompkins
  • Benny the Ball - Chris Egderly
  • Fancy Fancy - Matt Piazzi
  • Choo Choo - Rachael MacFarlane
  • Brain - Pamela Adlon
  • Touche Turtle - Bob Bergen
  • Squiddly Diddly - Amanda Leighton
  • Peter Potamus - C.H. Greenblatt
  • Winsome Witch - Lesley Nicol
  • Mildew Wolf - Tom Kenny
  • Lambsy - Cam Clarke
  • Lippy the Lion - Bill Farmer
  • Hardy Har Har - Tress MacNeille
  • Paw Rugg - Gregg Berger
  • Floral Rugg - Georgie Kidder
  • Loopy de Loop - Ulka Simone Mohanty
  • Dee Dee Skyes - Niccole Thurman
  • Taffy Dare - Grace Rolek
  • Yappee - Cree Summer or Stephen Stanton
  • Shazzan - Fajer Al Kaisi
  • Granny Sweet - Candi Milo


So what do you think, guys?

Last edited by kof4495; 06-24-2021 at 10:35 PM.
kof4495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021   #54
ManVoice
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 70
Default Re: Jellystone

I know not everyone is quite gelling with the new voices announced for Jellystone so, I'll post some alternate voices for the cast in terms of people who haven't voice em before part by part to see if y'all would like them better than the ones they went with.

Here's the first batch:

* Yogi Bear - James Arnold Taylor
* Cindy Bear - Kaitlyn Robrock (could work if she used a voice similar to her Felicia Sundew voice)
* Huckleberry Hound - Eric Bauza (with his range, got no doubts he'd do well)
* Boo Boo - Bob Bergen (could work)
* Jabberjaw - Carlos Alazraqui (if they were to go with a traditional version, Carlos could work given how he has done a Curly esque voice on CatDog as Winslow)
* Top Cat - Billy West (may have done a similar voice on Futurama, can see him working)
* Snagglepuss - Eric Bauza (kinda repeated this voice but can see him working)
* Quick Draw McGraw - Bill Farmer (cliche pick but can see him working)
* Wally Gator - Daniel Ross (he's done an Ed Wynn esque voice before on Bunsen is a Beast)
* Augie Doggie - Trevor Devall (given how Augie's voice is kinda similar to Elroy Jetson maybe Trevor can pull him off too)
* Doggie Daddy - Jeff Bergman (given his range, he could pull it off)

How are these voice choices? Are they good?
ManVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021   #55
Michaelsar
Senior Member
 
Michaelsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,172
Default Re: Jellystone

I like 'em all.
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021   #56
ManVoice
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 70
Default Re: Jellystone

Here's part 2 of the Jellystone recasting:

Jonny Quest - Jessica McKenna (if they go for something closer to the 1964 take, I can see her doing well given how she's gone kid boy voices before)
Hadiji - Eric Bauza (kinda hard to find another good replacement, not helped by my unfamiliarity with Jonny Quest but could work with his range even if it ain't same race casting)
Shag Rugg - Billy West (with his kid voices, I'm sure he'd do fine)
Captain Caveman - Fred Tatasciore (I already suggested KMR before so trying to pick different VAs from before and he has the voice for it)
Yakky Doodle - Daniel Ross (he's done a similar voice when voicing Donald in Roadster Racers, could work)
Baba Looey - Bob Bergen (he has done a Spanish accent before with Speedy)
Mr. Jinks - Wally Wingert (he has done George Jetson, whose voice does come off as simillar)
Magilla Gorilla - John DiMaggio
Benny the Ball - Eric Bauza
Fancy Fancy - John DiMaggio
Choo Choo - Eric Bauza (I know I may be overusing him a bit but he's got good range)
Brain - Jeff Bergman

How is this set of recasts? Are they good or any better than the real Jellystone choices?
ManVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021   #57
thecartoonfan123
Junior Member
 
thecartoonfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGy9D-TzmAc&t=69s
Posts: 20
Default If I casted Jellystone

Yogi Bear: Jeff Bergman
Boo Boo Bear: Eric Bauza
Cindy Bear: Kath Soucie
Snagglepuss: Stephen Stanton
Huckleberry Hound: James Arnold Taylor
Quick Draw McGraw: Jeff Bennett
Doggie Daddy: Maurice LaMarche
Augie Doggie: Chris Edgerly
Mr Jinks: Jeff Bergman
Pixie: Jess Harnell
Dixie: Jess Harnell
Top Cat: Jeff Bergman
Benny the Ball: Chris Edgerly
Peter Potamus: Bill Farmer
So-So the Monkey: Eric Bauza
Jabberjaw: Frank Welker
Squiddly Diddly: Jess Harnell
Captain Caveman: Jim Cummings
Paw Rugg: Jim Cummings
Touche Turtle: Jeff Bennett
Yakky Doodle: Steve Blum
Mildew Wolf: Seth MacFarlane
Magilla Gorilla: Maurice LaMarche
Wally Gator: Corey Burton
Lippy the Lion: Jeff Bergman
Brain: Tom Kenny
Floral Rugg: Kath Soucie
Yappy: Cristina Vee
Taffy: Josh Tomar
Granny Sweet: Candi Milo
Dee Dee Sykes: Bettina Bush
Shag Rugg: Frank Welker
Spook: Maurice LaMarche
Lambsy: Chris Edgerly
Baba Looey: Jeff Bergman
Hardy Har Har: Jeff Bennett
Choo Choo: Jeff Bennett
Shazzan: Maurice LaMarche
Hadji: Eric Bauza
Winsome Witch: Tress MacNeille
Loopy De Loop: Jeff Bergman
Fancy Fancy: Chris Edgerly
Jonny Quest: Andy Milonakis
Grape Ape: Brad Garrett

Last edited by thecartoonfan123; 07-09-2021 at 08:45 PM.
thecartoonfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021   #58
Michaelsar
Senior Member
 
Michaelsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,172
Default Re: If I casted Jellystone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManVoice View Post
Here's part 2 of the Jellystone recasting:

Jonny Quest - Jessica McKenna (if they go for something closer to the 1964 take, I can see her doing well given how she's gone kid boy voices before)
Hadiji - Eric Bauza (kinda hard to find another good replacement, not helped by my unfamiliarity with Jonny Quest but could work with his range even if it ain't same race casting)
Shag Rugg - Billy West (with his kid voices, I'm sure he'd do fine)
Captain Caveman - Fred Tatasciore (I already suggested KMR before so trying to pick different VAs from before and he has the voice for it)
Yakky Doodle - Daniel Ross (he's done a similar voice when voicing Donald in Roadster Racers, could work)
Baba Looey - Bob Bergen (he has done a Spanish accent before with Speedy)
Mr. Jinks - Wally Wingert (he has done George Jetson, whose voice does come off as simillar)
Magilla Gorilla - John DiMaggio
Benny the Ball - Eric Bauza

Fancy Fancy - John DiMaggio
Choo Choo - Eric Bauza (I know I may be overusing him a bit but he's got good range)
Brain - Jeff Bergman
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecartoonfan123 View Post
Yogi Bear: Jeff Bergman
Boo Boo Bear: Eric Bauza
Cindy Bear: Kath Soucie
Snagglepuss: Stephen Stanton
Huckleberry Hound: James Arnold Taylor

Quick Draw McGraw: Jeff Bennett
Doggie Daddy: Maurice LaMarche
Augie Doggie: Chris Edgerly
Mr Jinks: Jeff Bergman
Pixie: Jess Harnell
Dixie: Jess Harnell
Top Cat: Jeff Bergman
Benny the Ball: Chris Edgerly
Peter Potamus: Bill Farmer
So-So the Monkey: Eric Bauza
Jabberjaw: Frank Welker
Squiddly Diddly: Jess Harnell
Captain Caveman: Jim Cummings
Paw Rugg: Jim Cummings
Touche Turtle: Jeff Bennett
Yakky Doodle: Steve Blum

Mildew Wolf: Seth MacFarlane
Magilla Gorilla: Maurice LaMarche
Wally Gator: Corey Burton
Lippy the Lion: Jeff Bergman

Brain: Tom Kenny
Floral Rugg: Kath Soucie
Yappy: Cristina Vee
Taffy: Josh Tomar
Granny Sweet: Candi Milo
Dee Dee Sykes: Bettina Bush
Shag Rugg: Frank Welker
Spook: Maurice LaMarche
Lambsy: Chris Edgerly
Baba Looey: Jeff Bergman
Hardy Har Har: Jeff Bennett

Choo Choo: Jeff Bennett
Shazzan: Maurice LaMarche
Hadji: Eric Bauza
Winsome Witch: Tress MacNeille
Loopy De Loop: Jeff Bergman
Fancy Fancy: Chris Edgerly
Jonny Quest: Andy Milonakis
Grape Ape: Brad Garrett
Favorites in bold.
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021   #59
ManVoice
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 70
Default Re: Jellystone

Here's the third and final part of Jellystone recasting:

Touche Turtle - Jeff Bennett (pretty much a go to impersonator for Bill Thompson at Disney)
Squiddly Diddly - Eric Bauza (since Jess was suggested already, gonna go with Bauza again cause come on, this dude has range)
Peter Potamus - John DiMaggio
Winsome Witch - Kari Wahlgren (someone already suggested Tress so I picked Kari since she may have done a voice like this before)
Mildew Wolf - Jeff Bennett (since Tom was suggested, I see this one also doing good too)
Lambsy - Trevor Devall (he already sounds like Elroy Jetson, may as well have Trevor voice him)
Lippy the Lion - Keith Ferguson (surprised it took me this long to suggest him given his range but could work)
Hardy Har Har - Jeff Bergman (kinda repeating him too but has range like Bauza)
Paw Rugg - Keith Ferguson (he's done deep voices like this before so could work)
Floral Rugg - Tara Strong
Loopy de Loop - Jeff Bennett (he has done French accents like with Lumiere that could make him work with enough work)
Dee Dee Skyes - Crystal Scales
Taffy Dare - Colleen O'Shaughnessy
Yippee - Paul Reubens (someone in comments has said he sounds simillar to Pee Wee Herman, may as well have the actual one voice him)
Yappee - Keith Ferguson
Yahooey - Jeff Bennett
Shazzan - Daran Norris
Granny Sweet - Grey Griffin
Grape Ape - Eric Bauza (may as well close it off with Bauza again)

So, how do the third part of the recast go?

In general for the three part Jellystone recast posts, would y'all say the voices I've selected fare better or worse than the ones the show actually selected?
ManVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021   #60
Michaelsar
Senior Member
 
Michaelsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,172
Default Re: Jellystone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManVoice View Post
Touche Turtle - Jeff Bennett (pretty much a go to impersonator for Bill Thompson at Disney)
Squiddly Diddly - Eric Bauza (since Jess was suggested already, gonna go with Bauza again cause come on, this dude has range)
Peter Potamus - John DiMaggio
Winsome Witch - Kari Wahlgren (someone already suggested Tress so I picked Kari since she may have done a voice like this before)
Mildew Wolf - Jeff Bennett (since Tom was suggested, I see this one also doing good too)
Lambsy - Trevor Devall (he already sounds like Elroy Jetson, may as well have Trevor voice him)
Lippy the Lion - Keith Ferguson (surprised it took me this long to suggest him given his range but could work)
Hardy Har Har - Jeff Bergman (kinda repeating him too but has range like Bauza)

Paw Rugg - Keith Ferguson (he's done deep voices like this before so could work)
Floral Rugg - Tara Strong
Loopy de Loop - Jeff Bennett (he has done French accents like with Lumiere that could make him work with enough work)

Dee Dee Skyes - Crystal Scales
Taffy Dare - Colleen O'Shaughnessy
Yippee - Paul Reubens (someone in comments has said he sounds simillar to Pee Wee Herman, may as well have the actual one voice him)
Yappee - Keith Ferguson
Yahooey - Jeff Bennett
Shazzan - Daran Norris
Granny Sweet - Grey Griffin
Grape Ape - Eric Bauza (may as well close it off with Bauza again)

So, how do the third part of the recast go?

In general for the three part Jellystone recast posts, would y'all say the voices I've selected fare better or worse than the ones the show actually selected?
Favorites in bold. I much prefer your suggestions over the casting choices we got (aside from Jeff as Yogi, Lippy, and Wally, of course).
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.