Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Announcements

Announcements Information that BTVA wants to share with the community.

Old 07-24-2018   #21
Marakutanay

Default Re: Server Upgrade - Report Issues

No, the Anime in Animation Central.
Marakutanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018   #22
8000 Saiyans

Can't see who shouted out my comments or even shout out other's comments.
8000 Saiyans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018   #23
Foxwolf
Web Admin

@Marakutanay - This is a direct link to creating a new thread in that forum. Let me know what happens when you go to it.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...ewthread&f=122

@8000 Saiyans - Thanks for the find. Should be fixed. Try it now.
Old 07-24-2018   #24
Marakutanay

I created it then a message in a new page appear, I probably missed it the first two times because it lasted like 3 seconds, something about an Admin having to approve the thread before it becomes visible. Maybe it's a new rule I wasn't aware of.

EDIT: Now it worked, it created this last one I just made.

Last edited by Marakutanay; 07-24-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Marakutanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018   #25
Shaun Ince

I dunno if this is part of the update, but I noticed there is a "Load Comments" feature that has been intergrated into the site. Some older comments don't show up from time to time. Is that a glitch of some sorts.

Also some comments of mine made after the second of August on the Super Smash Bros Ultimate page tend to get deleted a couple of hours after posting them. Is that one a glitch as well, or are those being deleted for a different reason entirely? I do remember a moderator bringing up an issue regarding other people copying other people's comments in the Voice Compare pages. If those comments were deleted for that reason, I apologize, and completely understand the reasoning behind it & will do my best to avoid doing that in the future.
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018   #26
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

There were a few comments on that page that were blocked because they were redundant, a couple that were blocked cause it seemed like they were starting unnecessary arguments/conflict, and some that were because they were hounding about credit info. SSB is a series that usually attracts a lot of buzz and that part is fun, but we kinda try to balance so that things don't go too far off the rails. In any case it's important not to go too far either way.

Load comments is a new feature that's still being debugged so please report any concerns.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018   #27
Shaun Ince

Thumbs up Re: Server Upgrade - Report Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
There were a few comments on that page that were blocked because they were redundant, a couple that were blocked cause it seemed like they were starting unnecessary arguments/conflict, and some that were because they were hounding about credit info. SSB is a series that usually attracts a lot of buzz and that part is fun, but we kinda try to balance so that things don't go too far off the rails. In any case it's important not to go too far either way.

Load comments is a new feature that's still being debugged so please report any concerns.
Ah that explains it. Yeah, If I do find anymore bugs I'll let you know
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018   #28
TheDayman

Not sure if it's just me, but it doesn't look like the Marvel: Powers United page has an option to add a comment.
TheDayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018   #29
Foxwolf
Web Admin

That's because it's not technically set as a public page yet (depends on which team member is working on it). You can access it via VA/Character credits, but you won't see it listed on in the Games section.
Old 09-20-2018   #30
Jacob M. Keene

Okay, just a question about something recent on this site (and pardon me if this isn't the right place to post this): But why is there a character limit to comments now? I was typing a long comment on a voice compare just recently, and had to split it up into multiple parts due to the character limit. I'm assuming that this was put in place just so that comments don't take too much room on any of the pages? If that's the case, I don't think a character limit is the best way to go about it, it seems to backfire by making even more room there rather than what was intended if my assumption was correct. I think a feature similar to YouTubes "view ___ replies" would be more helpful. That way it doesn't take up so much room at first, and we won't have to worry near as much about shortening down long elaborate comments (like for voice compares) anymore.

Last edited by Jacob M. Keene; 09-20-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Jacob M. Keene is offline   Reply With Quote