Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 04-22-2017   #751
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Fates

Guys we're not going to get anywhere if you keep linking clips that only sound like one or two (rather than all) of an actor's characters, or just throw names out there with little else in the way of comparison to back it up. The thread will just go in circles otherwise. We're at the point where things have been so thoroughly dissected that if it's not a smoking gun it's not really bringing anything new to the table.

Last edited by NCZ; 04-22-2017 at 09:05 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017   #752
srxk

Maybe this one will work

Tristan Rogers

Australian American actor

Works with Zimmerman in Mad Max

Actual talk: (Might be no problem with voice sound like Alastair Duncan)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baJHTrBzjmc

The Rescuers Down Under Demo: (Sounds like Subaki)
https://youtu.be/1ic9tohWOsY?t=1m25s

Batman Beyond Demo: (Sounds like Kotaro)
https://ok.ru/video/28949482129

Last edited by srxk; 04-23-2017 at 08:35 AM. Reason: fixing
srxk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017   #753
ScottMyers

I can definitely hear the resemblance, but there's a certain throaty quality in "Walden James" voice that Rogers lacks. It's a trill-like quality. Rogers, even in his smoother takes, doesn't seem to have that quality. The fact there is little precedent for his work in a title like this (minuscule video game background, no record of working in non-union titles, noteworthy mainstream success), makes it even more doubtful.
Old 10-29-2017   #754
NCZ

I have a potential theory about who Walden James may be, but it's still kind of a hassle in itself.

I think he might be Walter Rego.

Walter Rego as Jean Descole in Professor Layton (Clip 2)
Walter Rego as "Professor Desmond Sycamore" in Professor Layton
https://youtu.be/RNGmG9RemkM?t=17s
https://youtu.be/P3fuX6b31as?t=49s

He puts on an English accent, but underneath it I can hear a resemblance mainly to Iago and Jaffar. Especially the highs and lows of his voice, the bit of throatiness, and style of his delivery - when he raises and then lowers his voice here, that's when I can get a Subaki or Jagen-esque vibe. I didn't get a clip of Evgeny because the Russian accent is so thick you can't really get a feel for his real voice.

Rego is also credited in an obscure, apparently non-union cartoon called "Bureau of Alien Detectors". The credits don't match any of the actors to their characters, but I think this guy might be him. Obviously he's 20 years younger so a bit of the grit in his voice isn't there, but otherwise there's a resemblance in pitch and delivery to Subaki. But if that is him then that does lend weight to the idea that he's someone who's been around a while.

Obviously if it is him then it's still not a huge step since no one knows who the hell Walter Rego is either, so either way this doesn't really wrap up the whole goose chase. (I only just noticed saying it out loud, his name is a pun on "Alter Ego"). The only thing that might help is that BAD was directed and cast by Jamie Simone. So I guess there's a small chance he's popped up in something of his. As a fun fact Michael McConnohie is in this series too.
Old 10-30-2017   #755
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

That does sound like the same person to me. It's not much of a lead since Walter Rego is a fake name and is barely in anything, but it's something.

You ever just... think about life?
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017   #756
technickal

It should be noted that "Walter Rego" also was in the dub of Resident Evil Revelations 2, which was directed by Kris Zimmerman-Salter.
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017   #757
SNaG

I hear the resemblance in Descole to Iago/Jaffar, albeit more British, so I think that's a worthy candidate. And since KSZ directed Revelations 2 it adds credence. My only question is why didn't he go for Walter Rego as his pseudonym and chose a different one, but I guess it's still fully possible to have multiple pseudonyms.

https://streamable.com/ekjrp
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017   #758
NCZ

KZS also directed the LA cast in the Layton games to my knowledge. I probably should've mentioned that too since that's what made me think of it.

The other question would be which pseudonym "Rego" is under in this game, since he's clearly not listed among them here. I almost thought he could be "Walley Hollis" only because then all three of those names would have the same "Wal-" prefix to them. Kind of ironic that something that's mostly a dead end is the closest lead there's been.
Old 11-09-2017   #759
SNaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
KZS also directed the LA cast in the Layton games to my knowledge. I probably should've mentioned that too since that's what made me think of it.

The other question would be which pseudonym "Rego" is under in this game, since he's clearly not listed among them here. I almost thought he could be "Walley Hollis" only because then all three of those names would have the same "Wal-" prefix to them. Kind of ironic that something that's mostly a dead end is the closest lead there's been.
Oh wow, I didn't know that! I knew Layton had a mixed LA and UK cast (Liam and Yuri, etc) but that's interesting and gives more credence to the theory. I also think that, if we consider Walden James and Walter Rego, and the fact that he's got multiple pseudonyms with "Wal-" (assuming they're one and the same) that Walley Hollis could be him. I haven't been up to date on this thread in a while, did that pseudonym get mapped to anyone else?

https://streamable.com/ekjrp
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017   #760
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

I still think that Walley Hollis/Holly Wallis are likely junk names thrown in to fill up space for actors who went uncredited or something and the Wal- is a coincidence. Unless we find some connection between this guy and one of the other actors involved anyway.

You ever just... think about life?
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote