Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 11-26-2019   #1
millicent

Default 3x3 Eyes: Streamline

Noticed that the 3x3 Eyes entry has the New Gen cast but not the Streamline people:

This is from the "perfect collection" release that compiled all the episodes into a "movie" with credits cut out inbetween episodes. Thankfully, Streamline always reconstructed the cast credits to cover the whole run rather than just use the credit sequence from the last episode. However, subsequently, this list doesn't specify who did what episode. No matter. I used to own the VHS release and can remember everything. Not hard when it's a small group of people for a pretty simple show:

Eddie Frierson: 1-4
Rebecca Forstadt: 1-4
Joyce Kurtz: 1,3-4
Steve Bulen: 3-4
Lia Sargent: 3-4
Alexandra Kenworthy: 1-4
Eleni Kelakos: 1,4
Jeff Winkless: 1
Steve Kramer: 1-2
Lara Cody: 2
David Povall: 3-4
Julie Diamond: 2
Bodie Plecas: 1-2
Kerrigan Mahan: 2
Michael McConnohie: 1
Ernie Sheesley: 2
Bonnie Stauch: 2

Lee Ling-Ling: Sounds like Joyce Kurtz, and Lee's appearances match up with the episodes Kurtz is credited for.
Mama: Steve Kramer
Prof. Fujii: Jeff Winkless
millicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019   #2
Nightmare Crusher

Default Re: 3x3 Eyes: Streamline

Oh man, thank you. I wanted to add this cast, but had no luck finding the dub itself. Any help you can provide would be fantastic. That's Eddie Frierson as Yakumo in the Mama clip, right?
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019   #3
millicent

Default Re: 3x3 Eyes: Streamline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
Oh man, thank you. I wanted to add this cast, but had no luck finding the dub itself. Any help you can provide would be fantastic.
No prob. Having the page already done makes this way easier, and like I said, this show is thankfully relatively uncomplicated with a pretty small character count.

Quote:
That's Eddie Frierson as Yakumo in the Mama clip, right?
Yes, him and Rebecca Forstadt star as Yakumo and Pai, with Alexandra Kenworthy handling Sanjhiyan.
Old 11-26-2019   #4
millicent

Default Mrs. Wong

Mrs. Wong: Sounds like Eleni Kelakos, and the character appearances/time when Kelakos was credited match up.
Old 11-26-2019   #5
millicent

Default Mei-Shin

Mei-Shin: Lia Sargent*

*Role listed on Sargent's official website resume
Old 11-26-2019   #6
millicent

Default Steve Long

Steve Long: Steve Bulen
Old 11-26-2019   #7
millicent

Default Chou

Chou: Michael McConnohie
Old 11-26-2019   #8
millicent

Default Ryouko

Ryouko: Process of elimination for that episode's credits would seem to make this David Povall, and I can hear the similarity even through the distortion.
Old 11-27-2019   #9
millicent

Default The Future

Thanks for adding everything, and I see you've added the second OVA series. Nice. Sadly I don't have the Pretend Productions dub for that one (Streamline didn't dub this one; Orion commissioned Pretend to dub the rest of 3x3 Eyes after they took over Streamline's catalog). The last episode was actually never even released in North America. Thankfully it made it out to Australia at the very least (and offhand maybe the the UK as well).

The entry for these episodes here is reliable. Somebody actually uploaded these episodes onto YouTube some years ago. On the CrystalAcids backend we could edit roles to specify whether the actor was credited with role, credited without role, uncredited, and miscellaneous things of that sort. Everything before the site was updated circa '05 didn't have source information like this (including 3x3 Eyes II), so I liked to edit old entries if I could find the credits.

To that end, I distinctly remember editing all the roles on the CrystalAcids 3x3 Eyes II page. This is going back a few years, but I'm almost 100% sure every single character on that page saw the actor credited with their role. If not, it was only one or two parts, but the credits on that release were fairly comprehensive--at least in terms of named parts.

Last edited by millicent; 11-30-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-27-2019   #10
Nightmare Crusher

Default Re: The Future

I can't help but notice that they changed Sanjiyan's voice between episode 2 and 3. Must've been a bit of a sticky situation if they couldn't retain a major character's voice for just two episodes.

Whatever the case, it's a shame this stuff is so hard to find now. It seems like these OVAs are just kind of forgotten now despite all the effort that must've been put into them.

I don't want to be pushy, but how soon do you think you can have stuff up for the rest of the first OVA's Streamline cast? I'd like to have everything nice and complete, you know? Do you have more from that dub?

Last edited by Nightmare Crusher; 11-27-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote