Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Report News

Report News This is where you can report voice acting related news to us.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2015   #1
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Arrow How Should I Post News? What is Considered News? What Do I Do?

Please take care to follow the guidelines below when reporting news:

-News
/n(y)o͞oz/
noun
newly received or noteworthy information previously unknown to most parties, especially about recent or important current events. Regardless of importance, if it happened more than a month ago, it's probably too late to report on it. So please don't make threads about "I know it's late, but ______ passed away two months ago", "They announced that John Smith was cast as _________ a month ago".

-Report only voice-acting/voice-over relevant news. The passing of a major voice actor/actress, the news of major casting for a title, the first reveal of an anticipated title (trailer #4 or TV Spot #15 probably aren't that newsworthy) etc.. For more examples, please see the list of actual news articles on the site. The announcement of the next major live-action Marvel film, while big news in general, is not always relevant to the VO industry (unless the news involves casting a VA in a VO role, obviously).

-This forum is for NEWS. Not requesting characters to be added to a page or voice actors to be added to a role. We have request forums for this.

-Rumours are not "news". News is official, confirmed reportings of valued industry-related content. "I hear that they might possibly be making another ______ movie!" is not news.

-Provide sources for the news (the more the better). Wikipedia, Wikis and IMDB are not credible news sources.

-The only icon that should be added to a thread is the icon, used only for the passing of a VA (see below). Do not use the "yellow warning triangle" icon, "green/black arrow" icon or anything. We will determine the priority of the news ourselves.

-When reporting the passing of a VA, please format title of thread as follows "RIP [insert actor name here]" and add the icon to the thread. Also include the date of death in the post itself, in addition to sources to verify the unfortunate passing.

-Keep thread titles concise, but detailed. You don't need to provide every bit of information in the title, but people should be able to know what the thread is about simply by reading the title.

"Angry Birds: The Movie", "New Sailor Moon Dub Cast Revealed at Anime Expo" and "The voice for Thanos in GOTG is..." are good examples. "Adam West and Burt Ward return as Batman and Robin in a new animated flick", "Marvel may cancel the Spidey movies, add him in MCU" and "Lee Tockar officially confirms he's voicing Frieza, Ocean dub coming soon." are a bit wordy, but not too bad.

-Be sure to check the forums and see if someone else has already reported the particular bit of news, or even if there's a thread that already exists for the title in question. If you can, add any news to the existing thread, as opposed to making a new thread. ie, "Sally Jones and John Smith Cast in Beware the Batman!" could probably be merged with the existing "Beware the Batman Announced!"-thread.

Thank you on behalf of the BTVA Admin Team.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 01-15-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-15-2019   #2
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: How Should I Post News? What is Considered News? What Do I Do?

Giving this a bump to remind everyone who posts about the passing of performers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
-The only icon that should be added to a thread is the icon, used only for the passing of a VA (see below).

-When reporting the passing of a VA, please format title of thread as follows "RIP [insert actor name here]" and add the icon to the thread. Also include the date of death in the post itself, in addition to sources to verify the unfortunate passing.
Old 01-04-2020   #3
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: How Should I Post News? What is Considered News? What Do I Do?

If a VA has passed more than one month ago, please report it in the "Date of Death"-thread located in the "Tasks You Can Help Us With"-forum.

If they have passed away within one month's time, feel free to continue to post it here as per the guidelines.

Thanks!