Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 05-10-2019   #11
Norozco18

Default Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Uh.................... the answer is that he was recast.
Ok, but if Cloud was recast, then shouldn't we had gotten a confirmation from Steve Burton on twitter that he wasn't taken part of the remake anymore, cause in hindsight, that's something we should've known from the start, so not knowing this & just by the trailer, could only mean that something about this news just doesn't add up, ya know.
Norozco18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019   #12
Frontier

Depending on how long the development of the game has been going on (which from all accounts has been a long time)...it could be that the original plan was for the Advent Children VA's to come in, so they recorded for the gameplay trailer, but then as the game developed they decided to go in a different direction and then recast the main characters.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019   #13
Norozco18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Depending on how long the development of the game has been going on (which from all accounts has been a long time)...it could be that the original plan was for the Advent Children VA's to come in, so they recorded for the gameplay trailer, but then as the game developed they decided to go in a different direction and then recast the main characters.
Are you sure that they didn't just choose to take a different direction, reprise the main characters & then simply made a few "improvements" on the character's delivery in the new FF7R remake trailer by changing the monotone of voice & the dialogue & dialect, cause that's what some people think that this could be the real reason why the main characters sound like that.
So whoever chose the new voice director & made these changes in the game, made a bad choice for this remake, ya know.
Norozco18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019   #14
ConfusedPhantom

My first impression is positive, with the exception of Sephiroth. But I need an actual scene to know for sure this cast and director is actually good. I've been pretty vocal on the past, on the how poor the directing is for a lot of the Square Enix games, but maybe the recast is a better understanding of who these characters actually are. And that kind of gives me hope on the remake being faithful. But we'll see.
ConfusedPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019   #15
CyberGalaxy

I'm crossing my fingers that they're placeholders. If the Japanese version keeps their cast while the English cast gets replaced, I'd like to know why that choice was made. I'm not shallow enough to hate the new cast if their performances are great, but SE is known for their reprisals. Aerith was notably the only FF character in English that kept getting recast, from Mandy Moore to Mena Suvari to Andrea Bowen to the new actress heard in the recent trailer.

Steve Burton has been voicing Cloud in English since 2002's Kingdom Hearts. There were only a handful of times he didn't reprise the role, as the media Cloud was featured in was Japanese only, such as the Last Order OVA, Opera Omnia, and the Smash Bros. series (meanwhile, every other character speaks English, even Marth as of SSBU). For me, it'll take some getting use to not hearing Burton as Cloud.
CyberGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019   #16
Frontier

Another teaser trailer with English voice acting.

The game will be released worldwide on March 3rd, 2020.
Old 06-11-2019   #17
ConfusedPhantom

Count on me surprised. These guys seem like they got a good director in their belt. I'm especially impressed with Cloud, Tifa and Aerith. I think we're in good hands.

The problem with Sephiroth is that he has a really plain voice, but his deliveries are great.
ConfusedPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #18
Frontier

I think the new VA I'm most impressed by so far is Britt Baron as Tifa. She sounds pretty much perfect.

Cloud sounds okay in some lines but he felt a little off to me during the battle demo. Barret is a little try-hard and I haven't heard enough of Aerith, but she sounds fitting.

It's hilarious that they got another Superman to play Sephiroth but Tyler comes off to me as trying to sound too much like George's Sephiroth and he's just not as effective at it.

So far they don't seem to be going for any major VO names for the main Party aside from Barret so I'm wondering if that will be true for everyone else since I'm guessing it's a full-scale recast.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #19
Highwind1028

The voice acting change for FF7R is for really no reason. What they did to the voice actors isn't right. I'm not buying all the excuses that are being thrown at the fans. The Voice Actor change wasn't necessary nor needed. Great, they get all the screen actors from the same shows. What a coinky-dink. Why use these voice actors for 17 years and then all of a sudden decide they weren't working out. It took 17 years and 14 titles to decide that? The voice actors want to be in the Remake - they have shaped their notoriety as voice actors by these characters - how cruel for Square Enix to take that away from them and even away from us fans.

There is a petition to get them in the Remake as an optional downloadable content for after the game is released. They deserve this game too.
https://www.change.org/p/release-add...asy-vii-remake
Highwind1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #20
Frontier

New trailer with the Turks, Don Corneo, and President Shinra.