Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network Discuss Cartoon Network Shows

Old 08-23-2018   #1
RetroPokeFan
Banned

Default Transformers: Cyberverse

So here it is Transformers Cyberverse, the latest Transformers series which'll be starting on Cartoon Network on September 1st and (wait for it)

it's New York's first crack at the franchise!
Hallelujah!

No seriously though, it's crazy to think that they're finally getting a shot at voicing these iconic characters and I couldn't be more happy for them.

Anyway here's the new trailer for it:
https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/23/transfo...eries-trailer/

Cast confirmed includes Jeremy Levy as Bumbelbee, Jake Tillman as Optimus Prime, Ryan Andes (Hala from Pokemon, Smite) as Grimlock and Shockwave, Sophia Isabella as Windblade, Billy Bob Thompson as Starscream and Marc Thompson as Megatron.
RetroPokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018   #2
Frontier

Default Transformers: Cyberverse

A new, G1-inspired, Transformers cartoon is heading to Cartoon Network in September.

The voice cast is as follows:

Jeremy Levy - Bumblebee

Jake Tillman - Optimus Prime

Ryan Andes- Grimlock, Soundwave

Sophia Isabella - Windblade

Marc Thompson - Megatron

Billy Bob Thompson - Starscream

Deanna McGovern - Shadowstriker
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018   #3
Autovolt

Default Re: Transformers: Cyberverse

Okay having seen the first 12 episodes now, it's starting to get better as it goes along.

The voice work is unfortunately hit and miss, thanks to the voice direction or the fact there's too many inexperienced VA's on board. It's still shocks me that we got a NY voice cast and yet there's a lack of folks like Mike Pollock, Dan Green or Wayne Grayson on board who I think would've enhanced the show's voice cast just by being there.

The stand out performances so far as Jeremy Levy as Bumblebee, Marc Thompson as Megatron, Billy Bob Thompson as Starscream and Deanna McGovern as Shadow Striker, as well as whoever was behind the voice of Maccadams.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018   #4
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Agreed with Autovolt^. I'd say the biggest detractor from the show is the inconsistent voice-acting, unfortunately. "Terminal Velocity" had a good plot, but I couldn't get over the fact that if you close your eyes, Bumblebee and Blurr and Hot Rod all sound nigh identical. And Marc's Megatron was pretty rough in his first appearance, but then in "Megatron Is My Hero" is was just like DANG, SON!

But other than that, I don't mind the show. I dig the animation, I don't even mind the shorter 11-minute episode lengths.

With any luck, the show will continue to get stronger and we'll get some more veteran NY voice actors in there to help balance things out.

Also The Internet: "Did you see how much money that movie made? It's SO good!"
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018   #5
Frontier

Yeah, I also think the voice acting is kind of inconsistent.

Some VA's like Bumblebee, Windblade, and Starscream are pretty solid, but others like Shockwave and Soundwave sound fairly unremarkable.

I'm also not sure how I feel about Jake Tillman Peter Cullen impression for his Optimus Prime.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018   #6
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yeah, I also think the voice acting is kind of inconsistent.

Some VA's like Bumblebee, Windblade, and Starscream are pretty solid, but others like Shockwave and Soundwave sound fairly unremarkable.

I'm also not sure how I feel about Jake Tillman Peter Cullen impression for his Optimus Prime.
The problem I find with people doing Peter Cullen (or anyone else) impressions, is that they come off as just that: impressions. A more-often-than-not hollow representation of the voice they're trying to emulate with 90% of the identity but only 50% of the payoff.

I mean, don't get me wrong. That voice coming out of a friggin' 20 year old kid is impressive as heck, but... Peter Cullen is the only Peter Cullen out there. Want to be Optimus Prime? Do your own thing. Doesn't matter if you have an epic, deep voice, carve your own path, create your own performance.

Also The Internet: "Did you see how much money that movie made? It's SO good!"
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote