Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 01-21-2018   #241
Troodon2

Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

I honestly thought Yuri's Lizard was Fred acting on double duty.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018   #242
Shaun Ince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Scott Menville is starting to grow on me as Doc Ock. I mean, a 19-year old Doctor Octopus is kind of ridiculous, but he does a good job of capturing Otto's arrogance and intellectual sides, as well as going full-on ham when needed. I'm eager to see more as we see his Supervillain origin unfold.

Laura Bailey can now say she has voiced three Russian's in the Marvel Universe.

I was not expecting Yuri Lownethal as The Lizard. He actually did a surprisingly good job. I'm just bummed he didn't really get to do much as Curt Connors.
To be fair, this isn't the first time he voiced The Lizard. He voiced him way back in 2011 for the Super Hero Squad Online game.
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018   #243
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Scott Menville is starting to grow on me as Doc Ock. I mean, a 19-year old Doctor Octopus is kind of ridiculous, but he does a good job of capturing Otto's arrogance and intellectual sides, as well as going full-on ham when needed. I'm eager to see more as we see his Supervillain origin unfold.

I was not expecting Yuri Lownethal as The Lizard. He actually did a surprisingly good job. I'm just bummed he didn't really get to do much as Curt Connors.
I know bw and CD but whose the third?
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018   #244
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Ince View Post
To be fair, this isn't the first time he voiced The Lizard. He voiced him way back in 2011 for the Super Hero Squad Online game.
Guess he joins Ben and Willingham who reprised from previous properties to join the show and improve upon their performances.

Yuri really has been playing alot of against types in recent years.
Old 01-22-2018   #245
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:

Agreed in Scott. As Otto he sounds too muck like archive footage of his Robin(Teen Titans Go version) but does have menacing delivery as he progresses. Athens writing cost him a chance to use his Dr. Light voice again but Scott still made the material work, by playing Otto's know it all ego nature to its worst.

Question: Is this show affected by Disney's situation with AA and GOTG, given how it's made at Bang Zoom? Is it just recorded. I hope for more given the potential but we'd see more MCzu promotion with the two former shows gone.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018   #246
Anicomicgeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
I know bw and CD but whose the third?
Darkstar, a member of the Winter Guard. She appeared in Avengers Assemble.
Anicomicgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018   #247
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeTarantulas View Post
Agreed in Scott. As Otto he sounds too muck like archive footage of his Robin(Teen Titans Go version) but does have menacing delivery as he progresses. Athens writing cost him a chance to use his Dr. Light voice again but Scott still made the material work, by playing Otto's know it all ego nature to its worst.

Question: Is this show affected by Disney's situation with AA and GOTG, given how it's made at Bang Zoom? Is it just recorded. I hope for more given the potential but we'd see more MCzu promotion with the two former shows gone.
most propably. Bang zoom is a recording studio, marvel has been recording there since GOTG
Old 01-22-2018   #248
SupremeTarantulas

So Disney is laying off the writers leaving Bang Zoom nothing to record? The animators are not Disney so they'll just have nothing to animate?
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018   #249
Abdullab
Banned

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/91...g-to-disney-xd

maybe we were wrong
Old 01-25-2018   #250
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
They confirmed season 2 a while ago so this was potentially the last season in production before Marvel Animation cut it.

I'm looking forward to seeing who they cast as Jonah, what with peter finally working at the Bugle. Hopefully we'll get more of Ernie Hudson's Robbie as well.

We're also getting an adaption of Superior Spider-Man so I'm looking forward to seeing how Robbie Daymond handles that.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote