Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11
SNaG

Default Re: Keeping track of things recorded in Miami

As the site's self-proclaimed Miami expert (though not nearly as good at research as IMB) I've come across a couple more things. All Western animation.

Leo Da Vinci - there was an animated movie about Leo dubbed by Spliced Bread (which you can find on Tubi), but the TV show is Miami, according to Paul Louis's IMDB (he updates his own IMDB). Can't find the show itself anywhere, though, beyond a teaser on its website. Not confirmed, I guess, but considering the character narrating the teaser trailer is definitely not Cherami Leigh, who plays the same character in the movie, pretty likely.

Titanic: Fantasy Island - a spinoff of the infamous Tentacolino. Still no clue where Tentacolino was dubbed but I don't think it's Miami... Characters have different voices between the two and... The VO in Tentacolino is too good. All on YouTube.

Atchoo - Available on Prime Video but not in the US. Given that the other audio language is Hindi, my guess is India. Unfortunately my Amazon Prime account is somehow locked to North America (whenever I put that link in even with my VPN on, I get an NA in the URL) so I can't verify for sure.

The Oddsockeaters - found and saw it on Prime a while back but since I'm here I have to plug it.

https://streamable.com/ekjrp

"What is God if not the b1tch?" - Dead Mario
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
millicent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Titanic: Fantasy Island - a spinoff of the infamous Tentacolino. Still no clue where Tentacolino was dubbed but I don't think it's Miami... Characters have different voices between the two and... The VO in Tentacolino is too good. All on YouTube.
In Search of the Titanic? I think this is Eric Meyers, so London perhaps? Despite the credits indicating an Italian-language dub (the original language?) being made in Rome, I doubt the Mondo/Italian connection meant anything for the English-language version (never mind what Wikipedia says); according to Leslie la Penna, the Rome English-language dubbing scene has been largely nonexistent for a while now.
231x264 252x288 273x312 294x336 315x360 336x384 357x408 378x432 399x456 420x480 441x504 462x528 483x552 504x576 525x600 546x624 567x648 588x672 609x696 630x720 651x744 672x768 693x792 714x816 735x840 756x864 777x888 798x912 819x936 840x960 861x984...
millicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
SNaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by millicent View Post
In Search of the Titanic? I think this is Eric Meyers, so London perhaps? Despite the credits indicating an Italian-language dub (the original language?) being made in Rome, I doubt the Mondo/Italian connection meant anything for the English-language version (never mind what Wikipedia says); according to Leslie la Penna, the Rome English-language dubbing scene has been largely nonexistent for a while now.
Holy cow I think you might be right! I'm not very good with identifying UK pools cold but I might go through this and slap together a Whose Voice thread for it so more skilled people can. Miami must be VC'd against every voice pool known to humankind.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
IMB

The things I find ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FRzcPYBzhQ

I'm not sure why or how this exists. James Keller uploaded 24 episodes of it. Chloe Dolandis says she voiced Skuld and that it was recorded at The Kitchen.
IMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #15
SNaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMB View Post
The things I find ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FRzcPYBzhQ

I'm not sure why or how this exists. James Keller uploaded 24 episodes of it. Chloe Dolandis says she voiced Skuld and that it was recorded at The Kitchen.
Your discovery skills are something else.

Quote:
I got tired of seeing bad dubs of a cartoon I starred in. THIS is a MUCH better voice cast, and dub of the original Japanese cult classic.
Wow.

I could probably pick out Lissa Grossman but unfortunately this dub is old enough that the Miami pool is so different. Still, amazing find. Hell, maybe James Keller would be amenable to sharing more details if he remembers/has any.