Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training

Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training A place for aspiring voice over talents to exchange tips and ideas, share stories, post demo and recording samples, and other training sources.

Old 01-17-2015   #21
ZeldaZealot

Default Re: Home Studio Discussion

Thank you! I'll take a look at what he has to say!
ZeldaZealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015   #22
Heisenberg991

Brand new to the industry. I have an Excelvan Condenser sound recording mic with the syba usb stereo audio adapter. I tested the mic out with audacity and it seems fine. Do I need the Innogear phanton power supply adapter for condenser mic or can I return that part. If I need anything else let me know. My room is pretty soundproof and quiet.
Heisenberg991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015   #23
Lapianoman

Condenser microphones need phantom power to work. I don't know if you're using gear that supplies phantom power, other than the Innogear, so I can't say whether it's safe to return your power supply adapter.

Can you do some test recordings, post the samples to Soundcloud & link them here? Don't do any processing (compression, HPF, gating, etc.) and leave at least 10 seconds of silence at the beginning, so I can hear your room tone.
Lapianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016   #24
Kando

Hello! My screen name is Kando, young voice actor, and I've barely got my home setup complete (almost!) I got my studio b1 condenser mic, preamp, macbook pro, home made ugly pop filter, reaper audio interface, and my giant cardboard box. I'm still waiting for my 3in pyramid foam. Can't wait for the delivery!

I'm curious to know if you guys had lots of trouble with your first mic.(?) I can't get reaper or audacity to pick up sounds from my mic. Not sure why when the software can recognize my preamp.. Thanks for reading!
Kando is offline   Reply With Quote