Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 04-12-2019   #1
GreenGoblin75

Default "Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker" (2019)

First Teaser Trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs

That laugh at the end...

Dark Empire anyone?
Old 04-12-2019   #2
Autovolt

Default Re: Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Damage Control: The Movie

I just knew it was gonna be more fan pandery trying to save a little face after what The Last Jedi did to the brand.

Only thing I can say i'm interested in is the return of Sheev Palpatine but that feels kinda forced. I don't see myself going to the theatres for this one, maybe i'll watch it on tv or that Disney+ streaming service at some point.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019   #3
SNaG
Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Damage Control: The Movie

I just knew it was gonna be more fan pandery trying to save a little face after what Solo did to the brand.
Fixed that for you.

Nevertheless not enthused by the name or Palpatine. The name is a kick to the agency of the characters. Oh well, maybe it'll be better than R1 or Solo.

Quote:
Thinck abot this one...!! Martin Charles voices this games Mario, yet he is also the Dragon in SKryim. With this secret knowlege we can KNOW its EASY to nitnendo add the Dragons to mario bros! They Basicalay dont have to pay money to Martin Charles to save money on other fighters, seeing since they already got him for mario! Its a Easy win for nitnendo!
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019   #4
GreenGoblin75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Fixed that for you.

Nevertheless not enthused by the name or Palpatine. The name is a kick to the agency of the characters. Oh well, maybe it'll be better than R1 or Solo.
Solo was super fan-pandering. Not sure what you're trying to say here. TLJ stirred up the divisiveness.
Old 04-12-2019   #5
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin75 View Post
Solo was super fan-pandering. Not sure what you're trying to say here. TLJ stirred up the divisiveness.
I think his point is that if anything the movie that was a huge box office bomb is the one that did tangible damage to the brand. I'm not really excited for Episode IX either if I'm being honest, but I feel way more fatigued from Rogue One and Solo being ultimately meaningless than I do from 7/8. Solo was the opposite of fan-pandering because it was a dumb idea to begin with that nobody asked for.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019   #6
SNaG
Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
I think his point is that if anything the movie that was a huge box office bomb is the one that did tangible damage to the brand. I'm not really excited for Episode IX either if I'm being honest, but I feel way more fatigued from Rogue One and Solo being ultimately meaningless than I do from 7/8.
Yeah, NCZ basically summed up my sentiment. Sorry about the confusion.

Quote:
Thinck abot this one...!! Martin Charles voices this games Mario, yet he is also the Dragon in SKryim. With this secret knowlege we can KNOW its EASY to nitnendo add the Dragons to mario bros! They Basicalay dont have to pay money to Martin Charles to save money on other fighters, seeing since they already got him for mario! Its a Easy win for nitnendo!
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019   #7
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Fixed that for you.

I never saw Solo and actually forgot it even existed lol.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019   #8
TheDayman

1. The movie's title sounds like the name of a fan film.
2. The whole Palpatine thing will either be really clever, or fall on its face.
TheDayman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019   #9
PsychicVoiceSpy

I agree with Autovolt that Palpatine returning is the only thing getting me interested. Is there a huge possibility of it being forced and stupid? Yeah. Would it be pandering? Sure, most likely. On the other hand, I personally think this trilogy has dropped the ball so hard with making its original characters interesting or doing anything fresh in a meaningful, sensible way, that I'll take some pandering as long as it's fun.

Palpatine is a fun character. If he's around, there's a much greater chance I'll enjoy myself. Then again, I haven't liked what they've done with returning OT characters so far. It just depends on how they do it. Either way, I'm not expecting this movie to be good enough to save the trilogy for those who've felt dissatisfied so far.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019   #10
The Doctor

Nonononono! I loved The Last Jedi (my favorite Star Wars movie, in fact), but this is everything I feared when Abrams came back . We don't need Palpatine to come back in any shape or form, and we don't need to pander to the fans who felt Rey should have been Skywalker.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote