Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 02-18-2016   #31
Domayv

Default Re: Which western animation voice actor(s) would you love to see in an anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa_ahmed View Post
Barr has been in a few of Ocean's dubs, though I'd definitely like to hear her in more.
Vancouver has a blur between anime and cartoons since many of its VAs who do cartoons and games also do anime dubs, unlike LA, where it's only a few.

Quote:
JAT was also in Saint Seiya, Pokemon, Dinozaurs, & Getter Robo Armageddon.
He was in Saint Seiya? I know he was in the latter three titles since they were on his IMDB page.

Quote:
He is an avowed anime fan who mentioned this on a YouTube IIRC that he'd love to be in dubs, if they give them butter budget.
Too bad it won't be happening soon, or even later for that matter.
Domayv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016   #32
Troodon2

Default Re: Which western animation voice actor(s) would you love to see in an anime?

Okay I know we dropped this a while back. but I feel I gotta contribute to this.

Jeff Bennett (Covered by Neil Kaplan), Cree Summer and Kimberly Brooks (Covered by GK Bowes), Jim Cummings (Covered by Michael McConnohie), Steve Blum (Covered by Keith Silverstein), Mae Whtiman and Lacey Chabert (Covered by Ashly Burch and Laura Bailey) Phil Lamarr (Covered by Kirk Thorton) and Robin Atkin Downes (Covered by JB Blanc)

There. Now I got that out of the way. (Even though Kari Wahlgren, Steve Blum, and Dave Wittenberg still do anime.) we can talk more about voice actors and celebrities who should be in anime.

I can name a couple famous actors both behind the booth and on camara.

. Micheal Rossenbaum
. Morena Baccarin
. Alan Tudyk
. Chris Parnell
. David Tennant
. Ashly Johnson
. Nathan Fillion
. Stephen Root

and of course, Ron Perlman.

Last edited by Troodon2; 02-21-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016   #33
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
Jeff Bennett (Covered by Neil Kaplan), Robin Atkin Downes (Covered by JB Blanc)
Don't know where you're getting these two sound-alikes, as Neil Kaplan has a naturally much deeper voice than Jeff Bennett, who both looks, plays, & sounds much closer to Kirk Thornton, & RAD sounds a lot closer to Crispin Freeman than he does JB Blanc.

Neil Kaplan & JB Blanc themselves are essentially AWOL from anime dubs for awhile now, with Kaplan focusing on games & Blanc games & domestic animation.
huzaifa_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016   #34
Troodon2

Quote:
Don't know where you're getting these two sound-alikes, as Neil Kaplan has a naturally much deeper voice than Jeff Bennett, who both looks, plays, & sounds much closer to Kirk Thornton, & RAD sounds a lot closer to Crispin Freeman than he does JB Blanc.

Neil Kaplan & JB Blanc themselves are essentially AWOL from anime dubs for awhile now, with Kaplan focusing on games & Blanc games & domestic animation.
Well there were some bits where Kaplan sounds similar to Jeff Bennett, be it in a suave tone or a more cartoony character, but I guess he's more like Corey Burton than the former. And I compared RAD to JB Blanc because... they're both british.
Old 03-06-2016   #35
MilanTheVillain01

Send a message via MSN to MilanTheVillain01

Mark Hamill, Rob Paulsen, Phil LaMarr, Jeff Bennett & Corey Burton. Kath Soucie, Grey DeLisle, Nancy Cartwright, Tara Strong & Tress MacNeille.
MilanTheVillain01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016   #36
Spideyfan-0913

Quote:
Great dream list, but you're forgetting a few things.

Josh Keaton was recently in Laws of the Universe.

Cree was in Karas, as Hynden Walch, notably, was also in.

Basco has actually discussed it with his agents, & discussed it at a fan panel, IDRC exactly.

Friedle (as well as Paulsen & KMR) was in the Batman anime.

Vanessa Marshall was in the Dante's Inferno anime, as, also, were DeLisle, LaMarr, Hamill, & KMR.

Nolan played Tobi/Madara in one of the Naruto games...that's a start.

Hale starred in the Cowboy Bebop movie as Elektra, the villainess, as well as Viz Media's 2nd Naruto movie: Gelel, I believe, it's called. As well as her anime reprisal of Jean Grey.

Barr has been in a few of Ocean's dubs, though I'd definitely like to hear her in more.

John DiMaggio - & Phil LaMarr, who was also in Tekkonkinkreet - (& JAT, Kath, & KMR, as well as the rest of Final Fantasy X's English cast), was also in the Animatrix, as well as Golgo 13, & VHD Bloodlust.

Kath & Grey were also in Vitello's Shin-Chan.

JAT was also in Saint Seiya, Pokemon, Dinozaurs, & Getter Robo Armageddon.

He is an avowed anime fan who mentioned this on a YouTube IIRC that he'd love to be in dubs, if they give them butter budget.

& don't forget, Voltron was also very high-end, with KMR & Tress MacNeille from just your list.

Most everyone here has also been in many more of the Disney Ghibli dubs, which I won't look up

...but there's a lot of them.
Whatever. When I looked them up, those roles weren't listed. It was news to me. I still say they need more voice roles in anime.
Spideyfan-0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016   #37
Troodon2

Actually I forgot a few other celebs I'd like to hear in a US funded dub.

Kristan Schall
Jerry O'Conell
Jon Bernthal
Kate Micucci
Matthew Gray Gubler
Lacey Chabert
Rosario Dawson
And David Tennent

If there is a production similar to a Laws of the Universe or GKIDS dub, please let this happen.

Last edited by Troodon2; 03-20-2016 at 09:34 PM.