Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 01-03-2014   #11
MooreVoices

Send a message via AIM to MooreVoices
Default Re: What site do you normally use for projects/auditions?

James, define anyone.

I have been a thespian since '89, an amateur since 2009 and a professional since 2011 and I am here to tell you that very few people are having the success you are having from ACX and that is not going to support you.

Take my story for instance, I signed up for a pay to pay 2 years ago this month, and had my subscription paid and in the money within 30 days...this is not normal, but it did happen to me!

From what pro's have told me, I had an unusual freshman year, but I worked my *** off. When the year ended, I was averaging 2 auditions a day.

Yes, be leery, but as in anything else, do your homework and do what is going to work best for your career.
MooreVoices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014   #12
officialdsw

MooreVoices

You're not the only one finding success. You don't need to throw your background out there as a selling point.

Onto the topic: Pay2Play is NOT a must. Many people have found success outside of it including me. It's not a one size fits all system.

Just...have fun and do what works for you.

Break a leg guys and girls.

Dustan
officialdsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014   #13
MooreVoices

Send a message via AIM to MooreVoices

Quote:
Originally Posted by officialdsw View Post
MooreVoices

You're not the only one finding success. You don't need to throw your background out there as a selling point.

Onto the topic: Pay2Play is NOT a must. Many people have found success outside of it including me. It's not a one size fits all system.

Just...have fun and do what works for you.

Break a leg guys and girls.

Dustan
officialdsw, check your insecurity and tone at the door. Stop trying to "talk slick" over the internet.

I never said I was the only one finding success. I have the ability to throw whatever I would like out, if that's how you wish to take it.

It's a message board...a forum...a place where people come to share about their profession, their personal life, or said topic of the particular forum.

Many people have found success doing a lot of things, I shared what worked for me, and first hand accounts of voice over talent that make $150,000 a year or more, what they shared with me works for them.

And you do what works for you!

Now that I am re-reading your statement, you couldn't have read mine, because you pretty much echoed my sentiments word for word.
MooreVoices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014   #14
rebelcheese

I usually use the Voice Acting Alliance but I also use a newer website called Vocal Loco! to find talent. Of course, I say this as I make an audition exclusive (At least for the moment) on BTVA, lol.
rebelcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014   #15
baileymermaid95

Librivox is another great site if you're looking to do audiobooks!

Here is the link: https://librivox.org/
baileymermaid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014   #16
mlenti

I use Voices.com, Voice123, Voice Acting Alliance, Voice Acting Club, and, of course, BTVA, haha.

Voice Acting Alliance and Voice Acting Club are great places to get involved in the kind of projects I love (indie games, animations, etc. etc.), and it's great that you can access them for free. But, of course, most projects on those sites don't pay the bills, they're just good for having fun, building your resume, and practice.

Voices.com and Voice123 I know are controversial because you pay for them. But if it weren't for these sites, I wouldn't have the money or credentials I needed to be able to move to a city where I could continue to seek representation and work. The revenue I managed to generate through the auditions on these sites was vital to my VO career, so I always recommend them to anyone who has a great home studio set-up and is looking to get more paying work under their belts. Though, I do prefer Voices over Voice123 just for the sheer amount of auditions they post, haha.
mlenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014   #17
Jerrie

Another site is www.vocal-loco.com , this site seems to focus a bit more on singing than voice acting, but there are some voice acting stuff there.
Jerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #18
impossiblegirl

i use vocaroo to convert my audition documents to mp3 format (thought my reply would be helpful)
impossiblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #19
Avacello

Well in my case... the ONLY sites I've ever used was Voice Acting Alliance and of course BTVA. I used to be more active on VAA but it got there very dramatic really fast and I just stumbled upon BTVA after I was looking another voice acting sites on the internet and been member since.
Avacello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #20
buf

I use vocal-loco and http://castingcall.club

Both are great because the community around them is positive and helpful. Casting Call Club has a very active engineering team, always adding features so you can really focus on voice acting!
buf is offline   Reply With Quote