Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Anime

Anime Discuss everything in the world of Anime here.

Old 02-03-2014   #1
Polyester Funk

Default Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon coming to Toonami

Are they any good? I'm not the biggest anime watcher, but there's stuff I've quite enjoyed, so I lid like to know if these series are worth watching.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #2
Jackson_H
Banned

Default Re: Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon coming to Toonami

They're both enjoyable series.

If you like Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece (or other shonen anime) you'll like Blue Exorcist.

I would suggest any potential fans to take advantage of the Toonami broadcast if you're not crazy about paying for Aniplex USA's expensive prices for their DVDs and Blu-rays. Blue Exorcist is also on Viz Media' Neon Alley network (monthly subscription) but some titles don't have a "catch up" feature so you'd be stuck waiting for a rerun to stream at specific times...

Black Lagoon is for a more older audience. Expect lots of violence, some comedy and swearing. Because it's a broadcast all swearing will most likely be censored (bleeped) but the DVDs/Blu-rays and Funimation.com streams are uncensored (nobody needs to start complaining that "they ruined my ANIMU!")

If you like anime like Hellsing Ultimate, Jormungand or Trigun you would probably enjoy Black Lagoon.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #3
Alchan the Green

If you don't mind violence, swearing, and the like I would vouch for "Black Lagoon"--that show is so entertaining, to a greater extent than you might expect given its ultraviolent tone and grim subject matter.

I can't comment on "Blue Exorcist," but from what I've seen it appears to be a pretty generic action series, so if you like that sort of thing you might want to check it out too
Alchan the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #4
Heartfilia Mage 721

I have only watched one episode of Black Lagoon but I know that both shows will keep you entertained and there won't be a boring moment.
Heartfilia Mage 721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #5
Polyester Funk

Thanks for the replies everybody. I do like Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho so I think I'll give Blue Exorcist a try. Can't say I'm a huge fan of big violence and language, but Black Lagoon will certainly be edited. And it is animated violence which is(to me) not as harsh as live action violence. Don't mean to sound prudish here, I think I'll watch it and give it a try, I'm just talking about personal taste.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #6
BloodInga

Toonami is seriously going to air Black Lagoon? Isn't Toonami for kids and teens (haven't watched Toonami since Naruto first aired so it's been quite a few years)? Black Lagoon is rated for Mature Audiences. so if they really are then the series is going to pretty much be completely edited and censored, it won't be worth watching then.

I could see Black Lagoon being aired on Adult Swim rather than Toonami unless Toonami isn't airing it until like midnight. which I think they have done with a couple series a long time ago.
Old 02-04-2014   #7
BloodInga

Toonami is seriously going to air Black Lagoon? Isn't Toonami for kids and teens (haven't watched Toonami since Naruto first aired so it's been quite a few years)? Black Lagoon is rated for Mature Audiences. so if they really are then the series is going to pretty much be completely edited and censored, it won't be worth watching then.

I could see Black Lagoon being aired on Adult Swim rather than Toonami unless Toonami isn't airing it until like midnight. which I think they have done with a couple series a long time ago.
Old 02-04-2014   #8
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodInga View Post

I heard that Black Lagoon isn't coming on until one or one-thirty in the morning. And like Jackson_H said, they'll probably have to edit the more extreme language.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #9
Autovolt

I think its great these two shows will get more exposure airing on tv.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #10
Demon

Send a message via MSN to Demon

Black Lagoon's coming to Toonami? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAY!!!!!!!
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote