ANNOUNCEMENT: The BTVA server has moved servers and undergone major code changes. If you experience any issues, please report them here

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Character Discussions

Character Discussions Who are the best villains and heroes? Discuss all character related topics here.

Old 01-23-2019   #1
Autovolt

Default Live-Action Actors who should reprise their characters voice wise

Since some actors get cast in live-action roles and have experience with voice acting, which from live-action do you want to see reprise voice acting wise.

For me, one of my top (if not the #1. pick for me) choices is J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon, I've been wanting that to happen since they announced him in the role years ago. He's a great choice and would easily make my top 5 Gordon's if he ever voiced him.

Angela Bassett as Amanda Waller, I legit forgot she had portrayed "The Wall" in live-action back in 2011's Green Lantern movie, she was very much wasted there and considering her acting chops, if a future DC animated movie were to get her on board to reprise voice acting wise, i'd appreciate that.

Mark Strong as Sinestro, he is IMO the perfect Sinestro and it's a shame that he wasn't in a better/more successful Green Lantern movie. I'd die happy if he got to reprise him again.

James Marsters as Brainiac, ok i've never watched Smallville but knowing James "Zamasu" Marsters had portrayed him in live-action, I think he'd crush it if he were to voice him in something.

Michael Ironside as General Sam Lane. I mean yeah he's one of the best voices of Darkseid, but I think there's a missed opportunity not having him also double as Sam Lane considering how much of a commanding presence he has, maybe the next time he reprises the role of Darkseid, please.

Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold. Definitely one of my favourite casting choices from the CW Flash series, his unique voice and delivery left an impression and would be interesting to hear in some animated project or game.

John Glover as Floronic Man....controversial pick but I've always enjoyed his really manic performance as Floronic Man in Batman and Robin and I think it'd be cool to have him reprise.

John Kassir as Atom, considering that Miguel Ferrer had gotten to reprise Weather Wizard since he played him in the Justice League of America tv pilot, I feel like John Kassir was an interesting casting choice, not his usual role and if he ever voiced him it'd be kinda cool for the novelty and playing against type too.

Ian McKellan as Magneto. Considering we've had Patrick Stewart reprise Professor X a few times in video game form, I think it's a shame Ian wasn't brought in to voice Magneto, it's hard for me not to hear his voice as Magneto and while Dwight Schultz's voice match was incredible, it would've been even more awesome to have Ian voice him.

Kelly Hu as Lady Deathstrike, this one is an absolute no-brainer, considering how much voice acting she does that nobody has ever gotten her to reprise Deathstike since she played her in X-2.

John Rhys-Davies as Kingpin, this one is also a no-brainer, from The Trail of the Incredible Hulk tv movie came John as Kingpin and considering how classy he is in many of his roles, he'd be a delight to have reprise again in voice over.

Garry Chalk as Dum-Dum Dugan. I'm biased since I'm a huge fan of Garry and even met the guy before but like he totally deserves another shot as Dum-Dum outside of a tv-movie.

David Tennant as Kilgrave/Purple Man, definitely one of my favourite performances from the Marvel Netflix series, a terrifying delight to watch. I'm genuinely surprised none of the current Marvel shows decided to pull some synergy and have a one-shot appearance with Kilgrave, Tennant's a natural at voice acting and he'd be really fun to hear.

Doug Jones as Silver Surfer. Yeah it sucks when they keep dubbing him over a lot of his roles and Silver Surfer is no exception. Hopefully someday we can hear his voice come out of the characters mouth.

Michael Rooker as Yondu. His voice is so unique and distinctive, proof that a lighter voice can still sound intimidating, he'd be cool to have reprise.

Ty Burrell as Doc Sampson. Remember when Phil Dunphy was in the MCU, well he was. I think he's a good choice for ol' Doc but he really should return to the role, he'd be great in an animated series of some kind.

Post any you want to see return to voice them in whatever.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019   #2
GreenGoblin75

Default Re: Live-Action Actors who should reprise their characters voice wise

Patrick Joseph Wilson as Orm. I really felt he was by far the best portrayal of the character yet.
Old 01-23-2019   #3
8000 Saiyans

Ming Na-Wen as Chun-Li.
8000 Saiyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019   #4
Abdullab
Banned

Clancy Brown as Wade Eiling since he played him on Flash.

Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher as Superman and Lois lane again would be nice
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019   #5
Polyester Funk

Tom Cavanagh as Reverse-Flash/Eobard Thawne. He isn't even the true face of Thawne, but I like him much better in the role. I would hope that his creepy performance would translate well to voice acting.

Alexander Siddig as Ra's al Ghul. Don't know if he's ever done voice work, but his voice is really cool. I think he was a good choice for Ra's, but I didn't so much like what Gotham did with the character.

Cameron Monaghan as the Joker. He may not be the actual Joker on Gotham(we don't know yet), but I think he's done a really good Joker performance and I wanna hear him voice the character in something. Especially if he turns out to not be the legit guy.

Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave. I do enjoy his more good guy/anti-hero version, but I wouldn't mind him getting to voice the traditional villain version in something as well.

Lexa Doig as Talia al Ghul. Not really sure what to say on this one, but I'd like to think that she'd do well in a voice acting role, as I think she was nicely cast for the character.

Michael Jai White as Bronze Tiger. How has that not happened yet?

Drew Powell as Solomon Grundy. He looked pretty perfect visually speaking, and his voice fit the character well, so I'd like to hear him get another shot.

B. D. Wong as Hugo Strange. That was a choice I didn't expect, yet he was very good in the role, and he has voice acted before, so why not play Hugo again in that capacity?
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019   #6
thomwim

Clancy Brown as the Kurgan (Highlander), or Captain Hadley (Shawshank Redemption). IMHO, these two would be better off in video games.
Rachael Leigh Cook as Josie (Josie and the Pussycats).
Laraine Newman as any of her SNL roles.
Old 01-26-2019   #7
TheVengeanceKnight

How about Ryan Potter as Garfield Logan/Changeling/Beast Boy?

EDIT: Also, while the movie isn't even out yet, I could totally see Zachary Levi voicing Shazam.

Last edited by TheVengeanceKnight; 01-26-2019 at 09:19 PM.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019   #8
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
How about Ryan Potter as Garfield Logan/Changeling/Beast Boy?

EDIT: Also, while the movie isn't even out yet, I could totally see Zachary Levi voicing Shazam.
Yes on Ryan
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019   #9
Autovolt

I hate the fact I made this thread and list and totally blanked out on including Adrian Pasdar as Glenn Talbot. He'd easily take my vote on that one. A shame they never thought during his tenure of voicing Iron Man, they never thought to also bring in Glenn for an episode with Adrian reprising.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019   #10
thomwim

Dwight Schultz and Mr. T as their "A-Team" characters.
John de Lancie as Q