Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 11-12-2019   #41
SNaG

Default Re: "Sonic the Hedgehog: Can't Outrun This Pain" (Feb 2020)

Sonic looks better but the trailer made me cringe so hard. Honestly the Sonic design was not the most pressing issue with the movie, it's just an easy thing to latch onto.

I dunno, this second trailer really just makes this look like a movie I wouldn't enjoy. Neither funny on its own nor faithful enough to make me overlook its faults. I'll probably see it eventually... On DVD. With a beverage or ten.

https://streamable.com/ekjrp
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019   #42
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronic456 View Post
Credit where credit's due, that redesign is 100% an improvement.

I think the major takeaways from this movie are going to be Ben Schwartz's Sonic performance and Jim Carrey's Robotnik.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019   #43
Music Meister

The redesign is better but now he has a little bit of a plasticy look to him. Though Iím sure the animators were working over time so Iíll give it a pass.
But the movie still looks dull. Not even a fun bad like...well most Sonic things. Admittedly Ben gets a funny line but some of his delivery is a little obnoxious.
Also James Marsden still reprising his role from Hop.

I was hoping this movie would be like Sonic Boom the show but looks like itíll be closer to Sonic Boom the game.
Old 11-13-2019   #44
Bry
Top Contributor

I wasn’t going to be watching this anyways because of “the hero has to team up with a real life human!” Like some bad 2010 movie about Smurfs or Chipmunks.

Hoping the Mario movie is good.

Everything has fallen to pieces

The Official Janitor of BTVA
Bry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020   #45
Bry
Top Contributor

I love how Forces being a complete bomb scared Sonic Team away from making big Sonic games except to throw him in more racing and olympic games, reserving him for "anniversary games" and letting the Twitter make lolsowacky self aware ironic garbage tweets that do nothing but belittle Sonic's legacy.

Why do I say this? Well it's because this movie, be it bad/mediocre/good, is arguably the most mainstream Sonic's experienced in a long time. And it might be cynical Bry again, but it's just more proof that anyone but Sonic Team knows exactly how to market Sonic, as well as a clear vision of what they want Sonic to look like, rather than a muddled mess of gameplay, tone, and writing. See: Sonic Mania.

Oh right, the movie trailers. It's okay. Good for a kids flick. Will probably watch itil legally when it's on DVD.

Everything has fallen to pieces

The Official Janitor of BTVA
Bry is online now   Reply With Quote