Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 04-22-2015   #1
Alexis DoubleU

Unhappy Why do BtVA project owners do this so often...?

Hello, I am fairly new to BehindTheVoiceActors. I joined about a month ago because I used to have a lot of fun amateur voice acting in the youtube community about five years ago, back when it was active, and I wanted to uptake this hobby of mine again

I finally found BtVA and became very excited to see various casting calls open, but then upon opening up the full details of them, the majority of the projects and their owners greatly disappointed me.

I've noticed that many project owners set deadlines for their casting calls/auditions but still cast on a "first come, first serve" basis. Since they are not my projects, I am fully aware that I do not have any say in how people cast their projects. However, in a lot of the cases where I have seen people cast the first people who audition, I notice that other voice actors and actresses who suited the roles more were ignored or simply did not have the chance to audition at all.

It is extremely disappointing and even frustrating to go to an audition with weeks-a month left until the deadline comes have an entire cast list already, and even a cast list that could have been better.

I know that I must sound immature or egotistical, or maybe even too critical and salty in a way but I am wondering if anyone else has noticed and feels the same disappointment? When I see project owners do this, I lose the motivation to even record any lines left.

Anyway, I was just wondering why project owners do this in the first place? Or is it the standard procedure here? Like I said, I'm new so I would like to be informed and maybe it will end my frustration. >:
Alexis DoubleU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casting call, deadline, precast