Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Archive

Archive Home to posts from the historic forums "Auditions & Job Postings" and "Fan Dubs & Amateur Projects"

Old 09-18-2011   #1
Pgirts

Default Goku vs. Frieza: Frieza's Boast

This is a little fan dub that I finished not too long ago. I'm pretty new to this site, and I gotta say I'm really digging it, and I'm looking forward to sharing my work here. Feedback would be immensely appreciated; don't worry, I'm not thin-skinned. If ya hate it, let me know why!

That being said, I hope you enjoy!

Frieza - Pgirts
Goku - Majinboo0111
Music - Shadow of the Colossus OST

WATCH IT HERE

DOWNLOAD IT IN HIGHER QUALITY AND NOT FLIPPED HERE
Old 09-19-2011   #2
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Default Re: Goku vs. Frieza: Frieza's Boast

Great stuff Pgirts. Your Frieza captures the subdued confidence and cockiness that Frieza possesses.
Curious, were you trying to imitate Chris Ayres or put your own spin on the voice? IF you were trying to imitate, the only thing I would say was missing was the raspiness of Frieza's voice.

And just so you know, we plan to have an interactive Dubbing section right here on BTVA so people can practice their dubbing by either recording real lines or making up funny ones.
Old 09-19-2011   #3
Pgirts

Thanks for the feedback, Foxwolf!

And no, I'm not trying to imitate Ayres. In fact, I've been doing this take on Frieza for fan projects before Ayres took the role. The voice is an original creation, mostly inspired from Ryūsei Nakao with a hint of Linda Young, who I actually prefer over Ayres. I'm not too keen on her voice, but I like how she gave him a more drawn out and methodical way of speaking as opposed to Ayres' more rapid delivery. It just makes him seem much more menacing to me.

I'm glad you enjoyed the clip, and I am looking forward to that dubbing section!
Old 01-05-2012   #4
Mr. JAG

WOW!! I Really like your Freeza Voice!!! its really a great take on it. The lines you use, i don't know if most of it is from the actual dub, but it fix exceptional well with your freeza voice. I would love to do a scene with you. I do more of a Goku or Vegeta (Brain Drummond mimic)
If your interested let me know.
Mr. JAG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbz, dragon, frieza, goku, pgirts