Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Announcements

Announcements Information that BTVA wants to share with the community.

Old 11-10-2018   #101
BluestarTheGamer

Exclamation Re: Server Upgrade - Report Issues

I can't play any of the audio clips, none of them work right! HELP!!!! I NEED TO HEAR THE VOICE OF MY SWEET ANGEL EIJIRO KIRISHIMA!!!!!!
BluestarTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018   #102
Jenc18

Default Re: Server Upgrade - Report Issues

there are still problems uploading mp3 recordings. Anyone having these problems? How can this website still be taking in auditions and projects?
Jenc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018   #103
Jenc18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHodson View Post
For people struggling to upload MP3 files in casting call I have found a work around. I tried a few different ways of saving and converting my files in to MP3s until I found this.

If you upload your track here, and convert it to an MP3 (even though it already is one), then download the conversion and upload that copy as your audition it seems work.

https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3

I tried other websites too but it didn't work with them.

Good luck to all
Holy Cow! That works!

Thanks!
Jenc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018   #104
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

What filesize are your guys' MP3s? There was a filesize limit of 2mb that was recently implemented.

If you use Audacity, saving them at a "standard" bitrate should help do the trick.

US resources. Canada resources 1 and 2. I've donated, you can too. Black Lives Matter and happy Pride.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018   #105
VoiceOfKendall

Thanks! I'll give it a try!
VoiceOfKendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018   #106
The Doctor

Sorry, if this has been already reported by someone else. I did skim through the thread, but I could have easily missed it.

When I click "New Post" on the forums, it shows everything under "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." And I do mean everything. Threads with no new post that I have already read, threads with no new post that I haven't read and threads that actually have new posts since my last visit.

I have no way of knowing which threads have new posts and the list of threads never shortens (at least not in noticeable pace), so it gets kinda annoying to have threads that I'm not personally interested in reading being pushed to my face all the time (it's currently showing me 4 pages worth of threads that "haven't updated, since my last visit").
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018   #107
SupremeTarantulas

The user profiles that show your comments and replies to them have your comments in the middle and the replies missing.

You can see what I'm talking about for yourself if you look at yours since I tried a few other members profiles and they have the sane problem.

Also, some VC's seem to have been completely cleared of comments and some comments ate the,re but mine are missing from a thread. Been a while since I noticed that so forgot the particular ones with that issue.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018   #108
Pokejedservo

First of all maybe its just me but I have been seeing plenty of show, movie & game pages and the like where the sound clips are out of sync with the character pics? Take this for example...

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxuserco...1bb887a50d.png

Sure this doesn't seem to happen as much as it did before and the character and actor page's sound clips are just fine. But in the TMG pages this seems to be happening plenty of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
What filesize are your guys' MP3s? There was a filesize limit of 2mb that was recently implemented.

If you use Audacity, saving them at a "standard" bitrate should help do the trick.
Really because of one of the users here (DeathFlameXL) who tried to audition for one of the roles in my current Casting Call tried to submit his auditions but said he was unable to so he e-mailed said auditions to me instead. But I have noticed that all of his audition clips were under 2 MB so that is a bit strange.

My Patreon Page- https://www.patreon.com/pokejedservo
Pokejedservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018   #109
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Sorry, if this has been already reported by someone else. I did skim through the thread, but I could have easily missed it.

When I click "New Post" on the forums, it shows everything under "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." And I do mean everything. Threads with no new post that I have already read, threads with no new post that I haven't read and threads that actually have new posts since my last visit.

I have no way of knowing which threads have new posts and the list of threads never shortens (at least not in noticeable pace), so it gets kinda annoying to have threads that I'm not personally interested in reading being pushed to my face all the time (it's currently showing me 4 pages worth of threads that "haven't updated, since my last visit").
Looks like some new settings got automatically set when the forums were updated. The issue you mention keeps unread threads for 10 days when you click "New Posts". I've changed it to 2 days now.

Still looking for other settings to try and restore to the "old way".
Old 11-18-2018   #110
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokejedservo View Post
First of all maybe its just me but I have been seeing plenty of show, movie & game pages and the like where the sound clips are out of sync with the character pics? Take this for example...

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxuserco...1bb887a50d.png

Sure this doesn't seem to happen as much as it did before and the character and actor page's sound clips are just fine. But in the TMG pages this seems to be happening plenty of times
Does the issue go away as you scroll down the page and view the rest of the characters?