Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #41
Jacobrl1999
Member
 
Jacobrl1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 190
Post Re: Looney Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManVoice View Post
Anyone think David Herman could be a good Marvin if he used a voice similar to his Wernstrom voice?

Yeah, that could work. I think he would also make a great Pete Puma if he did something similar to his Jimmy Wichard voice.
Jacobrl1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #42
Michaelsar
Member
 
Michaelsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 962
Default Re: Looney Tunes

A friend of mine on DeviantArt has a habit of suggesting celebrities as the voices of Looney Tunes characters. Here are some ideas that he's had:

- Will Forte as Bugs Bunny
- Steve Buscemi as Daffy Duck
- Jason Sudeikis, Benedict Cumberbatch or Ed Helms as Sylvester
- Al Roker, Ned Beatty or Keenan Michael-Key as Foghorn Leghorn
- Hugh Grant as Pepe Le Pew

Could any of these work? Honestly, the only one I can really see is Ned Beatty as Foghorn.
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #43
Jacobrl1999
Member
 
Jacobrl1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 190
Post Re: Looney Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelsar View Post
A friend of mine on DeviantArt has a habit of suggesting celebrities as the voices of Looney Tunes characters. Here are some ideas that he's had:

- Will Forte as Bugs Bunny
- Steve Buscemi as Daffy Duck
- Jason Sudeikis, Benedict Cumberbatch or Ed Helms as Sylvester
- Al Roker, Ned Beatty or Keenan Michael-Key as Foghorn Leghorn
- Hugh Grant as Pepe Le Pew

Could any of these work? Honestly, the only one I can really see is Ned Beatty as Foghorn.
Al, Ned and Keegan all sound like ok choices for Foghorn, and I can kinda see Steve as Daffy and Hugh as Pepé.

The rest, however, I don't get.

To be honest, I just don't necessarily feel that big-name celebrities are the right people to play characters like the Looney Tunes. If they MUST be played by big stars, though, I feel MedwardsVA made better suggestions as far as that goes.
Jacobrl1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #44
Michaelsar
Member
 
Michaelsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 962
Default Re: Looney Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobrl1999 View Post
To be honest, I just don't necessarily feel that big-name celebrities are the right people to play characters like the Looney Tunes.
Neither do I. My friend is a bit more okay with stunt-casting than me or you, though. Most of his fancasts consist of celebrities doing the voices with some professionals here and there.

How about Jess Harnell as Bugs Bunny or Marvin the Martian? Could that work?
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #45
TheVocalMan20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 56
Default Re: Looney Tunes

To be slightly fair to casting celebrities, Wallace Shawn basically already has Sylvester's voice, just add a lisp and he's all set!
TheVocalMan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #46
Jacobrl1999
Member
 
Jacobrl1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 190
Post Re: Looney Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelsar View Post
Neither do I. My friend is a bit more okay with stunt-casting than me or you, though. Most of his fancasts consist of celebrities doing the voices with some professionals here and there.

How about Jess Harnell as Bugs Bunny or Marvin the Martian? Could that work?
Ooh, I never thought of that... maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVocalMan20 View Post
To be slightly fair to casting celebrities, Wallace Shawn basically already has Sylvester's voice, just add a lisp and he's all set!
Yeah, I can't argue with that one. Occasionally I'll cast a celebrity or two if I feel they could really work in the role. I NEVER cast them just for the sake of star power, though.
Jacobrl1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #47
ManVoice
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 15
Default Re: Looney Tunes

How would Keith Ferguson do if he had to play a Looney Tunes character? Considering the range he has, it's surprising he hasn't been voicing one before.
ManVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #48
Michaelsar
Member
 
Michaelsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 962
Default Re: Looney Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManVoice View Post
How would Keith Ferguson do if he had to play a Looney Tunes character? Considering the range he has, it's surprising he hasn't been voicing one before.
I could see him pulling off Marvin. Maybe Bugs and Daffy, too. With his range, who knows?
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #49
Michaelsar
Member
 
Michaelsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 962
Default Re: Looney Tunes

Dunno if this is the right place for this, but during this video Eric Bauza does impressions of Pete the Puma, Charlie Dog, and Porky Pig:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwsdD4hJJCY
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #50
Jacobrl1999
Member
 
Jacobrl1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 190
Post Re: Looney Tunes

I know. I just found that video the other day, and I loved it!

But what really blew my mind is when he did an impression of Mel Blanc himself. I didn't think that was possible, but he managed to do it. The man is a GENIUS!
Jacobrl1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.