Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call BTVA's newest feature. Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 09-20-2013   #21
Ripple

Default Re: Suggestions/Improvements

I'd like to suggest some sort of feature that will facilitate direct contact between Casting Call users and voice actors who audition for roles. Perhaps when a VA auditions for a part, they can be prompted to enter contact information or asked if they would not mind sharing the email address they used to register an account on this website, with the user who started the casting call project they are auditioning for.

Right now, it seems the only thing I can do is to leave a message in the voice actor's user profile. But I get the feeling that leaving comments in the user profile may not be sufficient to get their attention in a timely manner. In other voice acting forums, I have experienced instances where the voice actor does not frequent the forum and sometimes 'forget' they auditioned for a part or lost track of the casting call deadline (some voice actors audition for many, many parts) and forget to 'check back.' These instances have produced 'delayed response' situations where I had to recast the role after not hearing from the voice actor for a week, and then have them contact me 2 or even 3 weeks later telling me how excited they are to have gotten the part, because they had not check the forum in all that time. Emailing the voice actor directly have worked extremely well to prevent such situations from happening, at least in my experience.

Thanks!
Ripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #22
Foxwolf
Web Admin

@BlazeHeatnix - most definitely (also been suggested by others), and it's on my to-do list.

@Ripple - I can certainly add a feature where a project owner can mass contact their cast VA's directly via email using a contact form.
Old 09-23-2013   #23
Lady Violet

Smile Re: Suggestions/Improvements

I think it would be great if we could delete characters off our auditions, because on my God of War project, I've got like 9 characters when I really only have 5 characters but there is a whole bunch of repeats for no reason and there is no way for me to make them go away, and I've never had this problem before.

This also would be good if you need to delete a character you no longer want in your project... so can we make this happen?
Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #24
PsychicVoiceSpy

I think it would be nice for there to be a "content rating" or some kind of information that lets people know what kind of subject matter and material will be involved with the project and what they will have to say. For instance: does the project contain any vulgar language that people will be required to say? Are there any potentially discomforting elements to the script/story that they might not want to get into? I think it would be nice for project owners to have an easy, efficient way to let people know what kind of content there will be and the nature of the script, that way if it goes against anything they feel strongly about or if they could potentially find it offensive they would know well in advance before they audition and potentially get cast.

Think of it as an ESRB label somewhere on the project page that's simple, to the point, and let's people know beforehand if there is any vulgarity, offensive situations/material, or whatever.
Old 11-18-2013   #25
qwanflow

Talking Re: Suggestions/Improvements

would like to see the option to pm other VAs through our VA Profile than, going through fourms, just seems bit cleaner that way.
qwanflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #26
Foxwolf
Web Admin

@PsychicVoiceSpy - I think all that's really need is whether or not a project has "Mature" content or not. That can easily be added.

@qwanflow - There's plans to add a messaging system like Facebook (but a simplified version) for the non-forum part of BTVA.
Old 11-28-2013   #27
TakenGrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
Have any suggestions on how Casting Call could be improved? Maybe there's a new feature you'd like to see.

Would love to hear what's cooking on your brain
I would like to see a Private message link on peoples profiles so I don't have to go into the forum and copy and paste their names
TakenGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #28
Agent Fluffy

Smile Re: Suggestions/Improvements

I would love it if someone did a Megaman project with Bass. I would love to audition for that character.
Agent Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #29
BlazeHeatnix

First of all let me say THANK YOU for finally adding a delete button.

Second, unless I'm missing something there's no way to download audio files of auditions. That would be a very useful feature. It's true that usually it's not the final line that'll go into the production and that they can just send it to you directly, but for convenience sake it would be nice. Maybe with an option to let the uploader decide whether the public or just the director be able to download it.
BlazeHeatnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #30
Foxwolf
Web Admin

@TakenGrace - the long term goal is to have Facebook-type messaging on the non-forum site. But let me see if there's a quick way to have a Private Message link that auto-populates the "Send To" field with the members name.

@BlazeHeatnix - Haha, you're welcome. And you are correct, there's no way to download them directly short of digging through your browser's cache files. What you proposed makes sense and I'll add it to the todo list.