Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 03-07-2019   #211
SNaG

Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeracross View Post
Iím hearing Minae Noji, but Iíll have to take another listen when I get home. I definitely think Iíve heard this voice in Etrian Odyssey V.
Listening to this again, I think you have it. It has the same kind of stiffer delivery that her character in Stella Glow did, and sounds like higher pitched Milla. Also makes sense as to why she would go full on uncredited.

https://streamable.com/ekjrp
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019   #212
KazeNinja17

Hmm. Minae Noji being the voice of Idunn would explain why Idunn sounds familiar, but I couldn't quite place her voice.
KazeNinja17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019   #213
SubspaceAlpha

It certainly helps that Minae Noji tends to work at Cup of Tea. Looking through some of her roles, I saw a character that looked a bit like Idunn, what with the purple cloak. Her name is Giselle. Both Idunn and Giselle talk in a similar tone.

(Also, should we try to figure out who Feh's voice actress is? And I hope I'm not pestering but Noire was never added to the FEH page after her summer version was released.)
SubspaceAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019   #214
Sentinel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubspaceAlpha View Post
It certainly helps that Minae Noji tends to work at Cup of Tea. Looking through some of her roles, I saw a character that looked a bit like Idunn, what with the purple cloak. Her name is Giselle. Both Idunn and Giselle talk in a similar tone.

(Also, should we try to figure out who Feh's voice actress is? And I hope I'm not pestering but Noire was never added to the FEH page after her summer version was released.)
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Feh's actress was just some Nintendo employee. I feel like I can't connect it to any known actress.
Sentinel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019   #215
KazeNinja17

Hmm. I just took a look at the Fire Emblem Wikia and Gamepedia's Fire Emblem Wiki and noticed that both sites list Sarah Anne Williams as Idunn's voice actress. I haven't come across any reasoning for why they have her listed for Idunn, though.
Old 03-08-2019   #216
technickal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazeNinja17 View Post
Hmm. I just took a look at the Fire Emblem Wikia and Gamepedia's Fire Emblem Wiki and noticed that both sites list Sarah Anne Williams as Idunn's voice actress. I haven't come across any reasoning for why they have her listed for Idunn, though.
The cadence is vaguely similar, but I doubt it, especially since she was just credited for Laevatein and Mist's alts. Asked on Twitter just to verify, though.
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019   #217
Luke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by technickal View Post
The cadence is vaguely similar, but I doubt it, especially since she was just credited for Laevatein and Mist's alts. Asked on Twitter just to verify, though.
She already confirmed it wasn't her earlier today and it doesn't even sound like her other than the vaguest of resemblances. Don't bother trusting a wiki without a source. Some wikis do have standards and the likes of the Megami Tensei Wikia will only add an actor if there is a source for it but most will just go with whatever is suggested.
Old 03-08-2019   #218
technickal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke26 View Post
She already confirmed it wasn't her earlier today and it doesn't even sound like her other than the vaguest of resemblances. Don't bother trusting a wiki without a source. Some wikis do have standards and the likes of the Megami Tensei Wikia will only add an actor if there is a source for it but most will just go with whatever is suggested.
Yeah, I saw that afterwards. Iíd say itís possible for a VA to be verified without them directly confirming it (some are just that tight-lipped), but there needs to be substantial evidence and that wasnít nearly enough.
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019   #219
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

I'm pretty sure Minae Noji is the one who makes the most sense for the time being. Unless someone can decisively offer an alternate idea I feel pretty sure she's the best bet for now since there aren't really many other suggestions that match up nearly as well (audially and circumstantially). Giselle in SG is spot-on and she has reason to be uncredited. I'm not going to add her to the site until there's further definitive evidence e.g. if Say'ri/Cynthia show up and are also uncredited, but that's the stance I'm taking.
Old 03-08-2019   #220
KazeNinja17

Yeah. That's why I figured I would bring it up and specifically mention that I've found no evidence that pointed to Sarah Anne Williams, her confirming it's not her also backs up that it was a random add that those two sites just went with.

If it is Minae Noji, I'm glad that she returned to Fire Emblem and I hope it points to Say'ri coming to Heroes soon.