Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 11-28-2017   #771
HylianBelmont

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Fates

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Marth 64 View Post
I don't think David probably did voiced Siegbert, most likely Xander, Kaze, and Shura, I think Siegbert could probably voiced by someone else in Fire Emblem Fates or Todd Haberkorn probably was voicing Siegbert all along until we can hear more of his lines since we only heard his grunting attacks in Book II as of right now.
Kaze and Siegbert are definitely the same voice actor though. That's the thing, it's especially obvious if you listen to their my room lines.
HylianBelmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017   #772
technickal

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Marth 64 View Post
I don't think David probably did voiced Siegbert, most likely Xander, Kaze, and Shura, I think Siegbert could probably voiced by someone else in Fire Emblem Fates or Todd Haberkorn probably was voicing Siegbert all along until we can hear more of his lines since we only heard his grunting attacks in Book II as of right now.
Todd Haberkorn has a very recognizable voice, and is active on social media. If he was in Fates, I doubt he would remain elusive for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianBelmont View Post
Kaze and Siegbert are definitely the same voice actor though. That's the thing, it's especially obvious if you listen to their my room lines.
Same with Kaze and Xander. And Kaze and Shura. Honestly, it just seems like the same idea as a lot of the Heroes castings, where they had another VA that would fit the role already in the booth and it was just a matter of convenience.
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017   #773
King Marth 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by technickal View Post
Todd Haberkorn has a very recognizable voice, and is active on social media. If he was in Fates, I doubt he would remain elusive for long.

Same with Kaze and Xander. And Kaze and Shura. Honestly, it just seems like the same idea as a lot of the Heroes castings, where they had another VA that would fit the role already in the booth and it was just a matter of convenience.
I do recall remembering Todd did have a different voice tone that doesn't like his actual Natsu similar voice when I watched Hellsing Ultimate back when it aired at Toonami on Adult Swim when he voiced Tom Berneger and Tenkai Knight when it aired at Cartoon Network years ago when he voiced Ceylan Jones's father.
King Marth 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017   #774
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

It's not Todd, end of discussion. If it was him originally he would have no reason not to be credited in the game, would be instantly identifiable/have confirmed the role himself, and in a game rife with multiple-casting there isn't a single role in the game that sounds like Todd. Plus Heroes already has tons of recasts for Fates characters and one instance of a VA not returning for post-launch content (Laura Bailey) so this isn't anything unusual. There's enough overlap with the new Book 2 characters and some of the other characters patched in recently that it's obvious they were done around the same time and reused the actors they already had (i.e. Todd as Joshua, Kirk as Dorcas) for convenience.

Last edited by NCZ; 11-28-2017 at 10:46 AM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018   #775
Chrono

People have been strongly speculating here that Alastair Duncan is Walden James, but his animation reel was broken. It appears to be working now: Alastair Duncan Animation Reel

I’ve listened to it over a dozen times, but I’m not hearing anything close to his FE roles here. Most of the samples here have a blatant Scottish accent, so it’s hard for me to tell personally :/

I’ve listened to other of the male animation talents on that agency as well to see any close matches, because a handful of the voice actors in Fates are from SBV Talent. The closest I got was Scott Bullock: Scott Bullock Promo Reel. This sounds sort of like Subaki I think.
Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018   #776
NCZ

So... I got an email that throws a bit of a wrench into things, but also... ties things up pretty nicely.

It's from an actor named...

(drumroll drumroll drumroll)

Connor Kelly-Eiding.

She voiced Setsuna and Felicia.

Also Operator 21O.

And Catria.

Also the last name suggests she's related to Paul Eiding which would explain why they're both here together. (Also helps answer why Paul is only in as one character.)

I guess this also calls into question how Julianne ended up on the game's IMDB page. It was assumed she submitted it cause that's the kind of shout an actor themself would submit and not a fan, but it's weird how the mixup happened at all especially if that is the case. She took credit for it after on her site and everything afterward so I guess it's a Susan Dalian Naoto situation that added to the confusion? Connor actually said she has been in touch with Julianne about the whole situation to get those credits sorted out. It seems like her being listed there was an accident of some sort.

In any case though... Yeah. That's the deal.

Kind of a whopper, but there you go. I'm sorry for the confusion but at least it's sorted now.

(It doesn't help her name was consistently misspelled in FE.)

Last edited by NCZ; 06-21-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2018   #777
Sentinel07

Well, ain't that something.

It's a mystery solved I suppose. Now if only Subaki could be settled somehow.
Sentinel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018   #778
NCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel07 View Post
Well, ain't that something.

It's a mystery solved I suppose. Now if only Subaki could be settled somehow.
I still maintain that Walden James and Walter Rego are most likely the same person.

...The question is who that person is.

For the record I don't believe the Alastair Duncan theory anymore. For someone with as long a career as his, there's pretty much nothing in the vein of Subaki in his output, and nothing in the vein of, say, Steven Armstrong in Rego's output, and those were the main links that would have clinched things in the first place.

Last edited by NCZ; 06-21-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2018   #779
HylianBelmont

Huh...

Well, glad to see it's been cleared up now.

Last edited by HylianBelmont; 06-22-2018 at 04:02 AM.
HylianBelmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018   #780
technickal

...Whoops. Well, I guess it’s kind of fitting we stumbled when it came to the voice actress of Felicia and Setsuna of all people. Still feel pretty bad for the real Connor/Conner Kelley.

Maybe we should double-check “Liv Strander”, too?

Last edited by technickal; 06-22-2018 at 09:01 AM.
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote