Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Gaming Central > General Game Discussion

General Game Discussion Discuss the latest video game hit or the classics from long ago.

Old 06-09-2017   #1
Scrappy-Fan92

Default E3 2017

It's that time of the year again, and we seem to have more companies with conferences/presentations than ever:

-Bethesda
-Devolver Digital
-EA
-Microsoft
-Nintendo
-PC Gaming
-Sony
-Ubisoft

A link to a timetable for most of the shows:
http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/4iA...JVb49uTzeR.jpg
Scrappy-Fan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017   #2
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Default Re: E3 2017

The main things I'm really hoping for are a Smash Bros. for Switch announcement and a blowout on FFVII remake, Ni no Kuni II, and Kingdom Hearts III. Would love some news on Zelda and Mario Kart 8 DLC, and Switch Virtual Console (GameCube pleeasee...) but those could probably be saved for a future Direct. And of course, new announcements from everyone are always exciting. I guess I'm mainly looking forward to Nintendo's since this is their first post-Switch E3, and having just pulled the trigger and bought one last month and loved every second of it, I'm sure it'll be a fun time. I always watch every conference though, so I'm looking forward to pretty much everything.

Sony's show should be good but I wonder what they can pull out since I feel like we've seen a lot of their biggest aces already. A lot of classic PS1 IPs have been making a comeback this year (Crash, PaRappa, Wipeout, Everybody's Golf...) so I'd love to see some announcements in that vein (esp. with their Japanese franchises), but that might be more of a TGS or PSX thing. Maybe a Spyro trilogy remaster like the Crash one? Played those games for the first time last year and really liked them. Or a crazy third-party partnership would be sweet.

Microsoft have Scorpio so I'll tune in for that even though I'm not an Xbox player, just for the sake of seeing how it shakes things up. I'm sure Sea of Thieves should be good?

EA and Ubisoft aren't my cup of tea but I'll check them out, no reason why not to. I AM looking forward to the new South Park though.

And of course, plenty of indie and smaller games I'm looking forward to that I'd love to see more details or announcements of.

Can't wait to see how this rodeo goes down. That's all the stuff I expect, but as we all know, the best E3 announcements are the ones that come out of nowhere and blow your socks off.

Last edited by NCZ; 06-09-2017 at 08:12 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017   #3
Scrappy-Fan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
That's all the stuff I expect, but as we all know, the best E3 announcements are the ones that come out of nowhere and blow your socks off.
But the best out-of-nowhere announcement before E3 already happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RHdrmZsNs0
Old 06-09-2017   #4
Nightmare Crusher
Training Moderator

I want to see more of the Spider-Man game for PS4. Been itching for some good super hero action.

"She asked to borrow some sweatpants. Does that mean anything?" -SNaG on life's greatest mysteries.
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017   #5
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

I can't believe I forgot to mention Spider-Man. I'm not a huge comics fan but Insomniac are a great developer and they're a perfect fit for a game like that. Total faith they'll deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy-Fan92 View Post
But the best out-of-nowhere announcement before E3 already happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RHdrmZsNs0
We just got a Dragon Ball fighting game in the Guilty Gear Xrd engine announced and I am still nowhere near as blown away as the fact that this exists.
Old 06-10-2017   #6
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

EA's press conference is beginning, and with that, so does E3! Gonna be liveblogging here.

- We've got a band of some sort drumming up excitement (literally) for Madden 18. Megaton.
- The CEO is up. Talking about Battlefront and the feedback they got from it. Says 30 minutes of Battlefront 2 will be shown.
- Talks about all the things they have in store. New IPs, gameplay, demos. "Games are the best form of entertainment on the planet. YEAH"
- We're starting out not with Battlefront, but Battlefield. 1 specifically.
- We're seeing various internet personalities playing Battlefield and talking about why they love it, including a Flash animation that looks straight outta Newgrounds... Am i back in 2004?
- I don't care about Battlefield so I'm basically snoozing through this but they're talking about patches, new maps, and expansion packs.
- Some more boring stuff I don't care about it but it sounded like this guy just dropped an F-bomb.
- Showing off competitive Fifa/Madden/etc. players.
- Thank god for Giant Bomb because this is boring as all get out.
- "Men in Blazers" on stage pretending to be excited about Fifa. This is peak E3.
- These dudes are legit wearing blazers with jeans and sneakers.
- S P O R T S
- I'm literally only watching this because I want to kill some boredom but this is having the exact opposite effect.
- This poor guy is introducing Need for Speed and the teleprompter just froze on him. Ohhh man.
- "I'm Ron Burgundy?"
- Hey look, actual Need for Speed footage. Did these games always have storylines?
- Pretty sure they didn't.
- You could tell me this is a Fast and Furious game and I would believe you.
- A new IP called "A Way Out". Looks Unreal Engine 4-ey. Co-op?
- That guy has killer sideburns.
- Hey, they did the Emperor's New Groove wall-climbing trick!
- This honestly looks like a co-op Uncharted or something. You could replace those guys with Nate and Sam and it'd be the same thing.
- "I know I sound very cocky, but I can't help it, because it's true."
- Okay, this game actually doesn't look bad.
- Bioware's new IP coming up. NOW things are getting interesting.
- It's called "Anthem", looks sci-fi based, there was a robot (or robot suit) at the end... We didn't see gameplay, just a CG teaser. They say more will be at Microsoft's conference.
- Aaaaand we're back to sports with NBA. Eehhhhhhh.
- Finale already? 30 minutes of Star Wars coming up.
- Stormtroopers on stage. This is surreal.
- Janina Gavankar herself is presenting.
- So much talking and dev stories.
- Multiplayer trailer. It's Battlefront 2, all right.
- Whoa, video appearance from John Boyega.
- Apparently Finn is part of the first wave of free content, so's Captain Phasma.
- Huh, maps, characters, and vehicle DLC will all be free.
- I guess that means lootboxes.
- iJustine is presenting this next premiere. Somehow the Stormtroopers were less surreal than this.
- Battlefront 2 looks good. Kinda zoned out though.
- That's it.

Yeah, it's an EA conference so I wasn't expecting much to begin with. Good thing is it can only be up from here.

Last edited by NCZ; 06-10-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2017   #7
Scrappy-Fan92

That "Duel of the Fates" remix during the Battlefront II trailer was epic.
Old 06-11-2017   #8
Bry
Training Moderator

At least there's one thing I'm looking forward to outside of Switch news: potential Crash reveals!

Im not the one to judge fandoms (except when I am) - Bry, 11/23/2018

I was Ghosty404, but dont call me that anymore.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017   #9
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Yeah, we'll definitely see some of Crash. If they show Warped, that'd be a real killer.

All right, big one coming up, Microsoft's conference starts in a couple minutes. Bring on Scorpio, baby. Liveblogging it as usual.

- Yup, here we go. Showing some chips rendering characters like Talion and Gears of War 4 Kait. Girl is shown getting blown away when she presses the controller.
- There's the console.
- Here comes Phil Spencer to rapturous applause.
- Scorpio's full name is Xbox One X, out on November 7. No relation to Xenoblade Chronicles X.
- It's a 4K Xbox One, more powerful than normal. Obviously all XB1 games/accessories work on it.
- Even if you don't have a 4K TV, games will look and perform better on X. Uses supersampling, has faster load times. A lot of technical talk.
- Surprisingly, it is the smallest Xbox ever. Their words, not mine.
- The first game they're showing off. Looks like Forza.
- Yup, Forza Motorsport 7.
- I swear, the crowd is wild tonight.
- Porsche is joining Forza.
- They just revealed the new Porsche on stage.
- Video games.
- "Largest and most diverse lineup of games we've ever shown at E3" are coming next. I think they've said this every year.
- World premiere coming up, let's see. First-person, in a rusty city. Fought a mutant rat, now the protag has a crossbow... Mutant bear thing? I have no idea what this could be.
- It's a new Metro!
- Another premiere coming up. Promises actual gameplay. Ah, I think this is Assassin's Creed Egypt. Yeah this is Assassin's Creed. The new setting looks fresh at least.
- Demo'd assassin's creed. I like the setting but AC games aren't my bag.
- Playerunknown Battlegrounds is an XB1 timed exclusive in fall.
- Deep Rock Galactic.
- New exclusive game being shown off... This looks like their response to Days Gone. A cross of that and Left 4 Dead. Oh, it's State of Decay 2.
- This new game looks like Clone Wars.
- WTF why's some guy on stage yelling? Is this a MOBA?
- Minecraft. There's cross-play with other systems. Feels weird seeing a Switch in a Microsoft conference.
- Here's something exciting. There's that Dragon Ball Z fighter trailer! This looks awesome!
- Indie games shown off. An MMO, The Artful Escape, and one that looks like Blade Runner with voxel characters on 3D backgrounds.
- Namco's Code Vein is up now. I think this is the trailer they showed earlier.
- Sea of Thieves, here we go.
- Bunch of indie games shown off in a reel.
- Cuphead! September 29, finally.
- Crackdown 3 is an XBX launch game, Sumo doing campaign... starring Terry Crews.
- Ashen. Looks like Deep Down as an indie.
- Life is Strange prequel announced. "Before the Storm". Three episodes, starting this August.
- Showing off the Nemesis system in Shadow of War. You recruit them and they can join your army.
- Ori and the Will of Wisps, sequel to Blind Forest, shown off. Looks so beautiful.
- Xbox One X is 499 US Dollars. Kaz Hirai is laughing.
- First look at Horitanfall-uh, Anthem. Bioware's new IP for 2018.

Aaaand that's it.

Last edited by NCZ; 06-11-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2017   #10
Nightmare Crusher
Training Moderator

I love cars almost as much as watching TV. You know me so well Microsoft. Who cares about video games?

"She asked to borrow some sweatpants. Does that mean anything?" -SNaG on life's greatest mysteries.
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote