Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 10-18-2019   #1
TheVengeanceKnight

Default "Battinson Begins" (2021)

Figured I'd start a thread now since a ####ton of news dropped this week.

Of all the DC movies announced, the one I'm most looking forward to is Matt Reeves' The Batman starring Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Reeves is a great filmmaker and Pattinson as Batman is inspired casting, IMO.

Also, it looks like it's its own continuity, as evidenced by the casting of Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner James Gordon. While I'm a little bummed that we won't get to see JK Simmons get a proper chance as Gordon, I'm glad there's no connection to the Snyder/Affleck universe.

This past week they announced ZoŽ Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Paul Dano as Edward Nashton "Nygma"/Riddler (both solid choices, IMO), as well as Michael Giacchino doing the score (a big YES to this).

Reeves has mentioned a more detective influence on this film, which I'm very, VERY glad to hear since that's one of the most essential parts of the Batman character and that the previous live-action films haven't really shown much of, IMO.

So far it's all been very good news on this, and hopefully more to come!
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019   #2
Autovolt

Default Re: "Battinson Begins" (2021)

I'll miss JK Simmons as Gordon (but hey could always voice him in something someday) but otherwise this is looking so far to be a better instalment for The Caped Crusader.

I just love the fact Zoe Kravitz is going to be one of the first people to voice a character and then reprise for live-action.

Robert Pattinson as Batman...this has a lot of potential. If for nothing else, this can finally break him free from the shackles of being remembered for only Twilight.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019   #3
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Robert Pattinson as Batman...this has a lot of potential. If for nothing else, this can finally break him free from the shackles of being remembered for only Twilight.
If he doesn't get nominated for The Lighthouse this coming Oscars, I could see, funnily enough, Christopher Nolan's Tenet being that for him, before Batman.
Old 11-06-2019   #4
electronic456

Andy Serkis is Alfred.

To me, that actually could work.

Colin Farrell is the Penguin.

Who I'm guessing is not the fat one but more in line with versions like the Telltale Game one or the Gotham TV series one.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/a...an-1203393996/
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019   #5
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronic456 View Post
Andy Serkis is Alfred.

To me, that actually could work.

Colin Farrell is the Penguin.

Who I'm guessing is not the fat one but more in line with versions like the Telltale Game one or the Gotham TV series one.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/a...an-1203393996/
Part of me almost wishes Andy was doing Penguin instead but I'm sure either way it'll work out.
If you need me, my discord is Autovolt#7759
Old 11-06-2019   #6
TheVengeanceKnight

Both good castings. I personally would've preferred Andy Serkis as some villain role, but I'm sure he'll knock it out of the park as Alfred.

I wonder if they're going with classy gentleman Penguin, or a more grizzled take, a la the Arkhamverse? I could see Colin Farrell doing fantastically as either. And regarding his weight, they could always use a fatsuit or have Colin gain some weight naturally. And if not, seeing that bird mask from Telltale's version in live-action will be something, heh. Also, since at least two versions of Penguin had him doing an English accent, I wonder if they'll let Colin keep his native Irish one?
Old 11-06-2019   #7
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
Both good castings. I personally would've preferred Andy Serkis as some villain role, but I'm sure he'll knock it out of the park as Alfred.

I wonder if they're going with classy gentleman Penguin, or a more grizzled take, a la the Arkhamverse? I could see Colin Farrell doing fantastically as either. And regarding his weight, they could always use a fatsuit or have Colin gain some weight naturally. And if not, seeing that bird mask from Telltale's version in live-action will be something, heh. Also, since at least two versions of Penguin had him doing an English accent, I wonder if they'll let Colin keep his native Irish one?
I'd be perfectly content with Colin using an accent for Penguin. I was hoping they'd go for an accented Penguin like in the Arkhamverse.
If you need me, my discord is Autovolt#7759
Old 11-06-2019   #8
8000 Saiyans

I approve of Pattinson as Bats.
8000 Saiyans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019   #9
electronic456

John Turturro will be playing Carmine Falcone.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...alcone-a171808

Okay, so now I'm wondering if they're tackling the part where Falcone is related to Selina Kyle in this movie.

Either way, I'm sure Turturo will nail the mafia vibe of Falcone.
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote