Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 03-30-2013   #1
Music Meister

Default Ben 10 Omniverse

I'm surprised no one created this.

Omniverse has had a lot of good episodes, some meh ones but nothing bad so far. Im just glad its not bad like Alien Force or Ultimate Alien.
Old 04-10-2013   #2
Music Meister

Default Re: Ben 10 Omniverse

I liked the lastest episode, Dwight was hilarious as Animo and I enjoy their flashback episodes which shows they know the original series well. Hell in that episode I started to get use to Dee as Wildvine
Old 04-11-2013   #3
NachoElephant

Ben 10 Omniverse is awesome It's a big improvement over Ben 10 Alien Force and Ultimate Alien
NachoElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013   #4
Music Meister

Almost anything is an improvement over Alien Force
Old 10-06-2013   #5
Music Meister

TGIS was a good episode. It was cool to see the Saturdays (even if I never really saw the series) and had good scenes.
Old 10-08-2013   #6
Autovolt

I like Omniverse. It's closer to the tone of the original and because of Derrick J. Wyatt's influence also Transformers Animated.

Also the fact Dee Bradley Baker is no longer everyone Omnitrix alien is a huge plus. I mean he's a great actor but there is only so many voices one can do before it gets tiresome.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #7
Music Meister

*Blows dust off* Forgot about this old thing:
(Not gonna go over ALL the episodes just the newest arc)

Something Zombozo Comes This Way:
It was great to see the Circus Trio return, never did I think they'd return. Zombozo was awesome as usual and this time he's closer to what he was in the original series which is a plus. I did question why Ben said he never feared clowns instead 'no longer' fearing clowns, it's just a small thing but just a thought, it's better than when Alien Force had him said he never feared clowns and never mentioned it again (I know I should let go of insulting ALien Force but stuff like that bothers me). Loved how it ended with Toepick (gross name for a surprisingly badass alien)

Mystery, Incorporeal:
My favorite so far, episodes like this really show off the animation nicely. The goofy faces and the movement was nicely down, I like the slight Scooby Doo feel to it. Oh and the red herring with Steve's character was hilarious. Whil was pretty good as always as Darkstar, not as natural with the more campy moments but when it came to the calmer moments he was really menacing. Plus, yay Ghostfreak is back!
Oh and an awesome throwback to the original series with Gwen wanting people to call her Gwendolyn.

Bengeance Is Mine
Gotta say, my least favorite so far. Not really bad per say but the premise was weak and the idea of a guy who looks and sounds like Vilgax got old pretty fast (though I did chuckle when he said his name was Bill Gax). Dee and Steve got a couple funny lines so not an awful episode but one of the weaker ones.

An American Benwolf in London:
It's great they brought back Wes and Kai, two one episode wonders yet pretty unforgettable characters. I always like when these Forever Knights show up (Wasn't a fan of the Alien Force/Ultimate Alien versions of them, I just prefer their more "evil MiB" kinda deal with the original series), I like the idea of a small band of Forever Knights kinda like an evil A Team though I do wish they didn't have three silent characters, the twins could easily be done just as well with voice actors. It is a shame that Tim Curry didn't reprise but David fills the role very nicely.
Blitzwolfer's return was great even if it was a little too short though the fact he's named after Wolf Blitzer is a little...meh, I'm sure it was more of a joke than anything else but still.

Animo Crackers:
I freakin' love Dwight as Animo, he knows just the right amount of camp to put in the role. Enough to make him hilarious but not too much to not make him threatening. This may be one of the few times I prefer Omni's version to the original. The back and forth with Animo and Future Animo was gold! Dwight basically stole the show with almost every line!
Gutrot is a cool new alien, glad he wasn't ALL fart jokes (even the one joke they did wasn't too bad), Rob does a cool voice.
Chrono Spanner is...alright, a design that reminds me of Power Rangers (not complaining) but I feel his character is weak. I have a theory of who he is but I hope I'm wrong.

Rad Monster Party:
For some reason I like Rad, something about him is just cool. Even if he has a Droopy Dog voice.
Another good episode, I wish Ghostfreak's return was a little more epic but it was awesome to see him again, oh and Victor. Great they got Dorm again and did he do an accent? I couldn't tell.
The references to horror films and even the small Star Wars one was enjoyable.
Old 03-26-2014   #8
Polyester Funk

I haven't watched "Rad Monster Party" as of this writing, but the other ones were pretty good. "Bengeance Is Mine" was a little weak. His name being Bill Gax was funny, but the rest of the episode felt like filler. I do like that there are more callbacks to the original series. Don't know why they waited so long.

Why did it take so long to see Kai and Wes again? I'm glad we're getting Ben's monsters back. I like the name Frankenstrike and I want to see more of him. And Blitzwolfer, too. Yeah the name is so-so, I think he should just be Blitzwolf without the "er" at the end.

The double Animos was fun. Dwight Schultz seems to be having such fun as him. Gutrot was interesting. I like how he named all of the chemicals, but had to say "Don't ask me how I know, I just do." I like the Future Animo with the gorilla body. A nod to Ultra-Humanite I suppose. I did want to see Ben duke it out with him, but we have seen that before and the previous week's episode had him fighting the ape-like Chadwick, so it would have been redundant.

I was a little iffy on this series when it started, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I still don't like Big Chill being buff and Max looks like he never opens his eyes and there may be a few more designs I'm so-so with, but I'm getting used to it. I do like that Blitzwolfer has been beefed up. I did like his old design, but I'm digging his more muscle bound look. His legs are a bit small for his big upper body, though.

I feel like I have more too say, but I'm drawing a blank so if I think of something I'll be back.

Oh, I was gonna comment on the Forever Knights. I think they got better as AF and UA went on, but I agree they were better in the original series. I do miss Richard Doyle as Enoch and Forever King Driscoll, though. I wanted to see Driscoll return in that armor and fight the older Ben. And I honestly don't know if those twins are supposed to be human or machines since they don't speak. I think human and the Forever Ninja is the only machine, but it seems too ambiguous. I'd like to see a few more members. And I hope Tim Curry returns again as Chadwick, yet David Kaye did a great job with him so I have no major complaint.

Last edited by Polyester Funk; 03-26-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #9
Music Meister

Charmed, I'm Sure was a great episode.

A small part of me wanted a new actress just so I could make a Charmcaster compare but was so excited when I saw Kari reprised. I liked she played a more quirky/weirder/odd version of Charmcaster, it was a fun performance to listen to. While anyone can do an evil villain performance but only talent like Kari can be threatening and still be funny and cute. Hobble was funny and man the way Ghostfreak turned his head when he spoke added a nice vreepy effect.
I really dug Ghostfreak's castle, it was strange and creepy, the small Shining reference was very little thing.
The ending was also a very mysterious forshadowing, I'm really curious on who or what those things Charmcaster had were.

That said, there were things I found hindered the episode. The Zit/Swampfire thing along with the Victoria running joke really stole focus on something that deserved more focus. Without that sub plot then the Charmcaster battle could have been longer or a longer time in the castle, that would have been cool to see more of it.

Overall, a good episode but could have easily been better
Old 04-02-2014   #10
Polyester Funk

Got around to watching the latest two episodes, and enjoyed both. I'm glad they brought back the original Dr. Viktor. I did not like the King Viktor thing they did last time. And Michael Dorn was back which was cool. Did sound like he had an accent. I do wish we got to see a bit more of him, though. The new mummy villain, Kuphulu was cool. His name coming from Cthulu and Khufu was a nice touch and having Jeffrey Combs play him was good.

Did not expect to see a Loboan Plumber. Scout seemed interesting and I liked his dynamic with Rook. Crujo was OK, but I don't think I like the way he was dressed. Was kinda odd hearing the Loboans speak since the wolf in the original series didn't. Neither did the mummy. Yeah, Blitzwolfer and Snare-Oh can speak it just made it seem like that was something added by the Omnitrix.

"Charmed, I'm Sure" was a fun episode. Although, I agree that the Swampfire thing took up too much time. It was great seeing Swampfire again, but the continual turning into him and the acne was a little much. Those pumpkin monsters were cool and creepy. And the mirror image monsters they fought were cool too. But, yeah I wanted to see the team battle Zs'Skayr, Viktor, Kuphulu and Crujo again with Charmcaster's help.

You asked what she was talking to in her purse and that was Darkstar and Adwaita whom she turned into stone figures. Well, it looked like Darkstar, but Ben 10 Wiki lists that as "Unknown Stone Figure" and states "don't believe everything you read on the net." So I guess it's possible it could be someone else. Hobble crushing on Charmcaster was funny. As a side note I'd like to see her uncle Hex again. He's not been seen in a while.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote