Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > BTVA Site Features > Top Ten Lists

Top Ten Lists Discuss the Top Ten Lists from the site or post your own.

Old 04-24-2013   #11
VctrBnsn

Default Re: Top 10 Superhero Animated Series Marvel/DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemastanumba1 View Post
While none of them are absolutely horrible, there are a few DC/Marvel productions which I found to be underwhelming:
  • Ultimate Spider-Man (already been covered)
  • Super Hero Squad Show (it's actually ok if you're under 13 and/or not familiar with the comics, but I'd steer clear otherwise)
  • Batman Brave and the Bold (same with Super Hero Squad Show)
  • The Avengers United They Stand (haven't actually seen any of this show myself, but based on the characters' clips on its BTVA page, the voice acting sucks, and of course, the character designs aren't much better )
  • Hulk Vs. (I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this one, but this particular production just didn't have much of an impact. First off, it's only available on DVD. Second, it's each part is only about 40 minutes long. Third, I didn't approve of how Marvel couldn't have tried to do at least a bit more to make up for the cancellation of Wolverine and the X-Men. And last but not least, Lady Deathstrike's blood-curdling scream almost literally busted my eardrums )
  • Anything that was made before the 80's
  • That Phineas and Ferb meets the Avengers crossover (if it actually even comes to pass, that is)
Superhero Squad I somewhat enjoy, the only thing I REALLY don't like about it is it's frequent use of stock footage and stills. It makes the animation look really lazy and really affects the delivery of the jokes.
BTBATB had some really good moments, I loved any episode with Bat Mite. And the finale was one of the most creative and entertaining I've ever seen.
Hulk vs. was a DTV movie, not technically a series, which this list is about. But I enjoyed it. Liked the Wolverine segment more than the Thor one. Plus, it was made BEFORE Wolverine and the X-Men aired.
Don't wanna say anything bad about the pre 80's shows, they have there fans. But yes, writing has gotten much better over the years.
And I just have to wait for the PaF Marvel crossover to see. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I respect you're opinion, as I'm sure you respect mine.
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #12
pokemastanumba1

Wink Re: Top 10 Superhero Animated Series Marvel/DC

My list was for DC/Marvel productions, which can be a show, game, or movie. I didn't list any games though, as the only Marvel games I've played are the Ultimate Alliance series (which I liked) and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (which, after spending more time playing it recently, I can tack it on my list of the worst DC/Marvel TMGs). Haven't played any DC Universe-related games, but I'll be sure to check out a few sometime sooner or later.

Super Hero Squad and BatB I didn't watch too much of, though the animation, corny jokes, and how they're designed to appeal to a younger audience didn't really mesh together all that well. Eh, I should probably watch more of both series, and then I can develop more of an opinion.

As for the PaF/Marvel crossover, I'm pretty sure it's actually an April Fool's joke, albeit a terrible one, and not even one with good timing. Though, knowing how low Marvel has sunk at this point, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if it actually came to fruition.
Old 04-24-2013   #13
TheVengeanceKnight

Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes comes to mind. Way too silly and they butchered Doctor Doom.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #14
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes comes to mind. Way too silly and they butchered Doctor Doom.
It wasn't great, but I never HATED it like USM.

PS, the PaF Marvel Crossover has an official release date, July 7, same day as Avengers Assemble. It's happening.
Old 04-25-2013   #15
pokemastanumba1

Exclamation What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
PaF Marvel Crossover has an official release date, July 7, same day as Avengers Assemble. It's happening.
Do you have a recent source that confirms this?
Old 04-25-2013   #16
VctrBnsn

Nope, and the more I dig into it, the more it seems like it's not happening.

Maybe we've been spared of something terrifying. And this is coming from a guy who likes PaF.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
Old 04-26-2013   #17
TheVengeanceKnight

I'd argue that the more familiar you are with comics, the more BATB would appeal to you. It's got loads of shout outs and nods to them.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #18
VctrBnsn

Quote:
I'd argue that the more familiar you are with comics, the more BATB would appeal to you. It's got loads of shout outs and nods to them.
I totally agree with that. Every episode was chock full of references. Especially the Bat Mite episodes .

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
Old 04-26-2013   #19
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Agreed. Batman: TBatB reminds me of what Transformers: Animated was. *runs for cover from OptimusSolo and his TFA hate-mongering* (I platonically love you, OptimusSolo...)
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #20
OptimusSolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Agreed. Batman: TBatB reminds me of what Transformers: Animated was. *runs for cover from OptimusSolo and his TFA hate-mongering* (I platonically love you, OptimusSolo...)
never seen the batman in question but that certainly makes me want to avoid it at all costs!
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote