Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > BTVA Site Features > Top Ten Lists

Top Ten Lists Discuss the Top Ten Lists from the site or post your own.

Old 10-11-2013   #11
OldSchoolFTW

Default Re: Top 10 4Kids voice actors/actresses

1. Veronica Taylor- I really like her wide range of voices, and her ability to convey powerful emotions with her voice acting. She also had the cutest and light, husky voice for Ash Ketchum that really resonates with me, and her acting was superb. I found her May voice bubbly and energetic, as well as her Delia sounding very motherly, as well as charmingly infectious. I also really enjoyed her take on April O'Neil in the TMNT 2003 Series. She's just an excellent voice actor in my eyes.
2. Rachael Lillis- She's really great at defining the nature of her characters, and expressing all of their emotions nicely. She made Misty sound extremely tomboyish and fitting, but was also able to tap into her sensitive side nicely as well. Her Jessie is probably my favorite role of hers, though: I feel she really expressed a huge range of emotions nicely and I really understood when Jessie was in pain or elated at the thought of messing around with the twerps. It was also hilarious to hear her bash Meowth and James on a daily basis. I liked her take on Ursula from Dinosaur King as well.
3. Eric Stuart- Hands down my favorite male voice actor from the defunct 4Kids. I know he's been stereotyped as easily recognizable, and not very distinct, and I'll agree somewhat there, but he has a huge, huge range of voices that are very, very appropriate for the characters he plays most of the time. His Brock was great, and I really can't imagine Brock talking without that voice for some reason: he struck the perfect balance between character's kind nature, wisdom, and flirting scenes, IMO. His Seto Kaiba was also very good as well: a bit too ignorant, sure, but he made him sound like such a badass and calm, collected guy. His James is still overall my favorite for the sheer range/fun and variety of emotions he displayed, although I feel he went a bit over the top in AG with the character at times. It's really a shame he retired, but I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does in the future.
4. Dan Green- My second favorite male VA from now defunct 4Kids. His Yugi Moto and Yami Yugi really managed to fit the characters (albeit a bit gruffer in the latter seasons, but that still worked as well) and he was really great at tapping into Yami Yugi's tougher and regal side, but also his more sensitive side in his regular Yugi, modern-day form. Like Eric Stuart, some say all of his roles sound the same, but I feel like he still manages to pull through with remarkable performances at the end of the day. Also liked his Ushio/Tetsu Trudge from the 5D's dub.
5. Wayne Grayson- Joey Wheeler FTW. Nah, just kidding, but I really liked his vocal range and variety of voices in all the 4Kids Yu-Gi-Oh dub media from Original, GX, and 5D's. He's brilliant in villainous roles like Dartz, as our hothead Joey Wheeler, and was great at playing the shy Syrus Truesdale in GX.
6. Amy Birnbaum- Definitely one of my favorite female VAs from 4Kids. I adore her rendition of Max for how cute, energetic, and nerdy she made him sound. She really shined as Tea Gardner from YGO, though, IMO.
7. Maddie Blaustein- Fantastic. She had some real talent and probably the most range out of any of the 4Kids VAs. I loved her Meowth, Solomon Moto, and Rex Goodwin voices.
8. J. David Brimmer- Very powerful, commanding, and booming voice.
9. Frank Frankson- Love his Tristan and Yusei Fudo voices from Duel Monsters and 5D's.
10. Sebastian Arcelus- Really liked his Yoh from the Shaman King dub.

Others I Really Liked:

11. Sam Riegel- Great range in a variety of roles. Gives off a very intelligent vibe with his characters.
12. Michael Sinterniklaas- I liked his TMNT roles a lot.
13. Megan Hollingshead- Great in Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!.
14. Marc Diraison- One of THE only good voice actors in the 4Kids OP dub, as Zolo (Zoro). Liked his Tyson from Pokemon as well.
15. Ted Lewis- For his Tracey, Giovanni, Yami Bakura, and Jack Atlas.
16. Mike Pollock- His Eggman/Robotnik did justice to his predecessors.
17. Marc Thompson- Has a superb range of voices. Shines as Kid Muscle and Astral, IMO.
18. Kerry Williams- Loved her Jirachi. Her Nami is far from my favorite, but she did improve as she went along a lot.
19. Oliver Wyman- His Drew and Rex Goodwin were fantastic voices.
20. David Moo- Yeah, I know, but he did great as Panik in YGO. Can't say I liked his take on Sanji at all, but he was just doing what the directors told him, but I did like the tone of his voice for Sanji itself. He's a good actor in his other works.
21. Lisa Ortiz- Again, I know, but she has a really nice voice for her Amy Rose and Chopper voices. Even if her range is lacking most of the time, she's a good VA.
22. Darren Dunstan- Hilarious as Pegasus, and great with Pokemon.
23. Stuart Zagnit- His Professor Oak voice was spectacular and really memorable.

Last edited by OldSchoolFTW; 10-11-2013 at 06:06 PM.
OldSchoolFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #12
Element Riser

#10: Marc Thompson
#9: Rachael Lillis
#8: Mike Pollock
#7: Nathan Price
#6: Darren Dunstan
#5: Lee Quick
#4: Stan Hart
#3: Maddie Blaustein
#2: Annie Pondel
#1: Veronica Taylor

Honorable Mentions: Kerry Williams, Wayne Grayson, Eric Stuart, Leah Applebaum, Megan Hollingshead, Andi Whaley, Liza Jacqueline

Last edited by Element Riser; 06-22-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Element Riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #13
Ross123

The only 4Kids VAs that I know are Sam Riegel and the Sonic cast so is it ok if I just go with those?

10. Caren Manuel.

9. Pete Capella.

8. David Willis.

7. Lisa Ortiz.

6. Amy Palant.

5. The Guy who voiced Black Doom.

4. Dan Green.

3. Jason Griffith.

2. Sam Riegel.

1. Mike Pollock.
Ross123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014   #14
awesome

Talking Re: Top 10 4Kids voice actors/actresses

My favotrites 4kids actors, oh the nostalgia!

10. Cassandra Morris - Perfect Leo and Luna along with pokemon and her episodes of the Winx Club

9. Sam Riegel - Shame he moved to LA really enjoyed his take on Donatello and will always be the true Donatello and his Tristan Taylor did inspire the abridged series.

8. Mike Sinterniklaas - Poor guy gets no love... will forever be the true Leonardo to me, and Seviper, hopes he will come back and one day be in Smash Bros as Seviper.

7. Erica Schroeder - Very mature and enhanced voice, Blaze is a big one, perfect for Bianca and narraration.

6. David Willis - Great Espio, and very versatile

5. Mike Pollock - Very unique voice that just says "I'm here, your lives are better now!"

4. Megan Hollingshead - Scarlet Garcia, Morviah, she has possibly one of the most refined voices I've ever seen, she belongs in LA.

3. Jason Griffith - One of the most popular and prominent 4kids actors that always had this "cheer up" sound when I heard it, also love how he's working with more mature titles like Zetman and got the lead role in Kurokami, with Laura Bailey as a supporting character...

2. Ted Lewis - Funny guy, really, really funny and memorable performance as Dedede.

1. Dan Green - Deep, commanding, authoritative, he's the Travis Willingham of 4kids.

Honorable mention: Veronica Taylor and Sean Schemmel, Veronica Taylor is definitely great at acting, and really nails the roles that she's i'n (Ash), but what prevented her from being on this list is I don't feel she has the uniqueness or charm other 4kids voice actors had, Sean Schemmel was one of the better voices from One Piece and was awesome as Black Doom, but he wasn't in enough lead roles for me to actually grow attached to him. There at 11 and 12. One that doesn't come close but does for everyone else was Lisa Ortiz while she was the best Amy Rose, I often found her voice annoying and unfitting, except for Lina Inverse, she was good.

NOTE*** Mike Sinterniklaas and Sean Schemmel do count as Funimation as well!, just for those who want to make a future list!
awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #15
Savate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolFTW View Post
1. Veronica Taylor- I really like her wide range of voices, and her ability to convey powerful emotions with her voice acting. She also had the cutest and light, husky voice for Ash Ketchum that really resonates with me, and her acting was superb. I found her May voice bubbly and energetic, as well as her Delia sounding very motherly, as well as charmingly infectious. I also really enjoyed her take on April O'Neil in the TMNT 2003 Series. She's just an excellent voice actor in my eyes.
2. Rachael Lillis- She's really great at defining the nature of her characters, and expressing all of their emotions nicely. She made Misty sound extremely tomboyish and fitting, but was also able to tap into her sensitive side nicely as well. Her Jessie is probably my favorite role of hers, though: I feel she really expressed a huge range of emotions nicely and I really understood when Jessie was in pain or elated at the thought of messing around with the twerps. It was also hilarious to hear her bash Meowth and James on a daily basis. I liked her take on Ursula from Dinosaur King as well.
3. Eric Stuart- Hands down my favorite male voice actor from the defunct 4Kids. I know he's been stereotyped as easily recognizable, and not very distinct, and I'll agree somewhat there, but he has a huge, huge range of voices that are very, very appropriate for the characters he plays most of the time. His Brock was great, and I really can't imagine Brock talking without that voice for some reason: he struck the perfect balance between character's kind nature, wisdom, and flirting scenes, IMO. His Seto Kaiba was also very good as well: a bit too ignorant, sure, but he made him sound like such a badass and calm, collected guy. His James is still overall my favorite for the sheer range/fun and variety of emotions he displayed, although I feel he went a bit over the top in AG with the character at times. It's really a shame he retired, but I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does in the future.
4. Dan Green- My second favorite male VA from now defunct 4Kids. His Yugi Moto and Yami Yugi really managed to fit the characters (albeit a bit gruffer in the latter seasons, but that still worked as well) and he was really great at tapping into Yami Yugi's tougher and regal side, but also his more sensitive side in his regular Yugi, modern-day form. Like Eric Stuart, some say all of his roles sound the same, but I feel like he still manages to pull through with remarkable performances at the end of the day. Also liked his Ushio/Tetsu Trudge from the 5D's dub.
5. Wayne Grayson- Joey Wheeler FTW. Nah, just kidding, but I really liked his vocal range and variety of voices in all the 4Kids Yu-Gi-Oh dub media from Original, GX, and 5D's. He's brilliant in villainous roles like Dartz, as our hothead Joey Wheeler, and was great at playing the shy Syrus Truesdale in GX.
6. Amy Birnbaum- Definitely one of my favorite female VAs from 4Kids. I adore her rendition of Max for how cute, energetic, and nerdy she made him sound. She really shined as Tea Gardner from YGO, though, IMO.
7. Maddie Blaustein- Fantastic. She had some real talent and probably the most range out of any of the 4Kids VAs. I loved her Meowth, Solomon Moto, and Rex Goodwin voices.
8. J. David Brimmer- Very powerful, commanding, and booming voice.
9. Frank Frankson- Love his Tristan and Yusei Fudo voices from Duel Monsters and 5D's.
10. Sebastian Arcelus- Really liked his Yoh from the Shaman King dub.

Others I Really Liked:

11. Sam Riegel- Great range in a variety of roles. Gives off a very intelligent vibe with his characters.
12. Michael Sinterniklaas- I liked his TMNT roles a lot.
13. Megan Hollingshead- Great in Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!.
14. Marc Diraison- One of THE only good voice actors in the 4Kids OP dub, as Zolo (Zoro). Liked his Tyson from Pokemon as well.
15. Ted Lewis- For his Tracey, Giovanni, Yami Bakura, and Jack Atlas.
16. Mike Pollock- His Eggman/Robotnik did justice to his predecessors.
17. Marc Thompson- Has a superb range of voices. Shines as Kid Muscle and Astral, IMO.
18. Kerry Williams- Loved her Jirachi. Her Nami is far from my favorite, but she did improve as she went along a lot.
19. Oliver Wyman- His Drew and Rex Goodwin were fantastic voices.
20. David Moo- Yeah, I know, but he did great as Panik in YGO. Can't say I liked his take on Sanji at all, but he was just doing what the directors told him, but I did like the tone of his voice for Sanji itself. He's a good actor in his other works.
21. Lisa Ortiz- Again, I know, but she has a really nice voice for her Amy Rose and Chopper voices. Even if her range is lacking most of the time, she's a good VA.
22. Darren Dunstan- Hilarious as Pegasus, and great with Pokemon.
23. Stuart Zagnit- His Professor Oak voice was spectacular and really memorable.
^This: this is really fairly close to who my favorite VAs were from the now defunct company- wish they dubbed Pokemon again, as I can't stand the TPCi cast, and I'm glad they dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters into English, as I can't stand the Odex cast, either.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome View Post

Honorable mention: Veronica Taylor and Sean Schemmel, Veronica Taylor is definitely great at acting, and really nails the roles that she's in (Ash), but what prevented her from being on this list is I don't feel she has the uniqueness or charm other 4kids voice actors had
I have to disagree: she's far more talented in her roles than what I've heard from Jason Griffith, IMO.

Last edited by Savate; 06-30-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Savate is offline   Reply With Quote