Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > DVD Releases

DVD Releases Discuss the latest DVD releases, special features or easter eggs.

Old 01-07-2019   #1
TheVengeanceKnight

Default "Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" (2019)

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but whatever. Anyways...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...st-set-1173352

They just announced the voice cast for Justice League vs. The Fatal Five, one of the upcoming DC animated movies, which is pretty interesting...

Kevin Conroy - Batman
Susan Eisenberg - Wonder Woman
George Newbern - Superman
Diane Guerrero - Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
Daniela Bobadilla - Miss Martian
Kevin Michael Richardson - Mr. Terrific
Elyse Gabel - Star Boy
Noel Fisher - Brainiac 5
Tara Strong - Saturn Girl
Peter Jessop - Thorak
Tom Kenny - Bloodsport
Matthew Yang King - The Persuader
Sumalee Montano - Emerald Empress
Phillip Anthony Rodriguez - Mano

Based on the voice cast it looks like it isn't set in the New 52 animated continuity (thankfully, IMO). There's some pretty interesting casting here:
- It's nice to have a voice to attach to Jessica Cruz, and Diane Guerrero seems like a good fit. Plus, it continues the trend of hiring live-action TV actors doing voices for their animated movies (I believe Cress Williams and Cameron Monaghan were in Death of Superman).
- While I would preferred Tim Daly to reprise Superman, I'm not gonna say no to Newbern returning. Conroy & Eisenberg returning is also a big yes.
- KMR as Terrific is pretty interesting casting; I hope he does something interesting with him vocally.

Thoughts?
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019   #2
Music Meister

Default Re: "Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" (2019)

Just to show how I’m hard to please: before I read this I thought “I’m gonna roll my eyes if this is the same cast as those New 52 movies” and when it wasn’t and it was the DCAU cast I still rolled my eyes
Don’t get me wrong i like those actors but I feel like I’ve seen them enough to not get wow’d by them anymore.
That said, the new cast looks interesting. Tara as Saturn is worrying cause I love Kari (in general) as Saturn Girl but I just hope she gets to do something interesting.
The rest I am curious to hear for sure.
Old 01-08-2019   #3
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but whatever. Anyways...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...st-set-1173352

They just announced the voice cast for Justice League vs. The Fatal Five, one of the upcoming DC animated movies, which is pretty interesting...

Kevin Conroy - Batman
Susan Eisenberg - Wonder Woman
George Newbern - Superman
Diane Guerrero - Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
Daniela Bobadilla - Miss Martian
Kevin Michael Richardson - Mr. Terrific
Elyse Gabel - Star Boy
Noel Fisher - Brainiac 5
Tara Strong - Saturn Girl
Peter Jessop - Thorak
Tom Kenny - Bloodsport
Matthew Yang King - The Persuader
Sumalee Montano - Emerald Empress
Phillip Anthony Rodriguez - Mano

Based on the voice cast it looks like it isn't set in the New 52 animated continuity (thankfully, IMO). There's some pretty interesting casting here:
- It's nice to have a voice to attach to Jessica Cruz, and Diane Guerrero seems like a good fit. Plus, it continues the trend of hiring live-action TV actors doing voices for their animated movies (I believe Cress Williams and Cameron Monaghan were in Death of Superman).
- While I would preferred Tim Daly to reprise Superman, I'm not gonna say no to Newbern returning. Conroy & Eisenberg returning is also a big yes.
- KMR as Terrific is pretty interesting casting; I hope he does something interesting with him vocally.

Thoughts?

I love the casting of the fatal 5. Peter, Phillip and Matt are underrated voice actors and it`s cool Sumalee is voicing a major antagonist. Bloodsport would be an interesting pace for Tom i had my doubts on this casting but i remembered tom`s range and has proven to be a great dramatic actor many times so I`m looking forward to this.

Honestly I`m seeing this movie for the villains instead of heroes. I know it`s newbern, conroy and susan aka the holy trinity but they have gotten plenty of chances to reprise anyway.
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019   #4
Autovolt

I kinda agree with Music Meister though I'd rather take the DCAU voices over New 52 voices almost any day. However it would've been nice to have new castings or at least bring back lesser used VA's reprising.

The new castings for the most part should be interesting.
Autovolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019   #5
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Meister View Post
Just to show how I’m hard to please: before I read this I thought “I’m gonna roll my eyes if this is the same cast as those New 52 movies” and when it wasn’t and it was the DCAU cast I still rolled my eyes
Don’t get me wrong i like those actors but I feel like I’ve seen them enough to not get wow’d by them anymore.
Ditto. I'm fine with it not being in the New 52 movieverse, but...there's more than just two options. You CAN go beyond the New 52 movieverse AND the DCAU cast. Like, there are other actors out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
- It's nice to have a voice to attach to Jessica Cruz
*Another voice.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019   #6
Frontier

It feels like Tara Strong's quest to voice every major female character in the DC Universe continues with Saturn Girl.

I'm curious if KMR will use his normal deep voice for Mr. Terrific or if he might go for something more like Hannibal Buress' more high-pitched voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
I love the casting of the fatal 5. Peter, Phillip and Matt are underrated voice actors and it`s cool Sumalee is voicing a major antagonist. Bloodsport would be an interesting pace for Tom i had my doubts on this casting but i remembered tom`s range and has proven to be a great dramatic actor many times so I`m looking forward to this.
I think his Bloodsport will probably sound a lot like his Deadshot from Brave and the Bold.

Has Sumalee voiced a villain before? I feel like she has. I can see her voice fitting Emerald Empress though.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019   #7
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
*Another voice.
...I stand corrected.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019   #8
GreenGoblin75

Nice to see Newbern back especially IMO. I wouldn't have minded someone like Troy Baker playing Batman though, especially since the Telltale series is cancelled.
Old 01-08-2019   #9
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin75 View Post
Nice to see Newbern back especially IMO. I wouldn't have minded someone like Troy Baker playing Batman though, especially since the Telltale series is cancelled.
I miss Troy`s version if u want some good news, Troy will be in the Batman: The long haloween 2 parter they are making no one knows whose playing which characters and Baker is listed among the leads. A high chance he is playing Batman for this
Old 01-08-2019   #10
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It feels like Tara Strong's quest to voice every major female character in the DC Universe continues with Saturn Girl.

I'm curious if KMR will use his normal deep voice for Mr. Terrific or if he might go for something more like Hannibal Buress' more high-pitched voice.

I think his Bloodsport will probably sound a lot like his Deadshot from Brave and the Bold.

Has Sumalee voiced a villain before? I feel like she has. I can see her voice fitting Emerald Empress though.
i don`t recall but she is mostly known for playing strong heroines so i`m happy she get to be on the dark side once a while

Last edited by Abdullab; 01-08-2019 at 07:48 PM.