Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > BTVA Site Features > Top Ten Lists

Top Ten Lists Discuss the Top Ten Lists from the site or post your own.

Old 06-01-2015   #1
Kioea

Post Top Ten Dragon Ball Narrators

I'm new here, so I thought I'd throw in a little curveball and go for the Top Ten Dragon Ball Narrators. I felt it was time the narrators got celebrated in some way, and there are certainly enough for this franchise to make such a list work. Let me know what you think.

1. Doc Harris (DBZ Ocean dub) - A deep, commanding voice with a lot of gravitas. Always made you look forward to the next episode. For me, he WAS DBZ. "Staaaay tuuuuuned..."

2. Jim Conrad (1995 FUNi-Saban partnership) - Deep and foreboding on the intro, but could also be light-hearted and funny during the recaps.

3. Kyle Hebert (Buu Saga/DBZ Remastered) - Not quite Doc Harris, but conveys the same kind of mood and manages to inject the humour that Doc couldn't. A worthy alternative.

4. Brice Armstrong (Dragon Ball) - Perfect for the lighthearted tone of the original series.

5. Andrew Chandler (GT) - A slightly lighter version (tone-wise) of Kyle's take, but certainly kicked up the foreboding factor.

6. Dale Kelly (Frieza-Cell Sagas) - As with Ginyu, he was OK at the time, but now suffers by comparison. Still highly memorable.

7. Michael McConnohie (Harmony Gold) - A worthy predecessor to Conrad and Armstrong, but somehow feels lacking, and didn't have a lot of material to work with.

8. Doc Morgan (Kai) - Has a good narrator's voice, but lacks his predecessors' gravitas.

9. Steve Olson (Blue Water) - Acceptable, but generic.

10. Ed Marcus (AB dub) - Had potential - good voice, appropriate tone - but got saddled with some highly questionable dialogue, which almost kills the performance.

Last edited by Kioea; 09-30-2015 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Changed the No. 10 position
Kioea is offline   Reply With Quote