Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > General Movie Discussion

General Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 11-28-2014   #21
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: "Jurassic World" (2015)

It's not a reboot, though, FYI.

It wouldn't surprise me if the movie ended with a statement in memorum of Attenborough. And it seems like they'll even have an in-story reference/message for Hammond's death. I think I recall a statue of the character on set somewhere.

Plus, I'll eat my shoe if the phrase "John Hammond's dream has come true, too bad he never lived to see it realized" isn't said in the movie.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015   #22
Polyester Funk

Jurassic Parks and Recreation: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pyuGyq22Ris
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015   #23
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
It's not a reboot, though, FYI.

It wouldn't surprise me if the movie ended with a statement in memorum of Attenborough. And it seems like they'll even have an in-story reference/message for Hammond's death. I think I recall a statue of the character on set somewhere.

Plus, I'll eat my shoe if the phrase "John Hammond's dream has come true, too bad he never lived to see it realized" isn't said in the movie.
Dialogue from the first film getting recycled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyester Funk View Post
Jurassic Parks and Recreation: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pyuGyq22Ris
Hilarious, sadly never saw this and I ended up a big Office fan after getting into its humor.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015   #24
Jackson_H
Administrator

Couple days later but finally saw the Super Bowl trailer that has some new footage.

Also read this which I think is extremely awesome!

***SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS***

http://bit.ly/1F5ay4c

I especially like the theory of "LeafBlower90" I'd enjoy seeing that happen.

Last edited by Jackson_H; 02-04-2015 at 04:17 AM.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015   #25
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Dialogue from the first film getting recycled?
No, not recycled dialogue. But a character referencing that Hammond is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson_H View Post
Couple days later but finally saw the Super Bowl trailer that has some new footage.

AWWWW YYEEEAAAAAAA
Old 02-05-2015   #26
Polyester Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson_H View Post

That is pretty cool that it is the same Rex from the first movie. Though, I wonder why they kept her since she did eat that lawyer guy. But, Hammond didn't seem to like lawyers anyway and not many other people do either, so maybe nobody much cared. One less lawyer.(I'm joking here, please don't get upset with me.)
Old 02-05-2015   #27
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
That is pretty cool that it is the same Rex from the first movie. Though, I wonder why they kept her since she did eat that lawyer guy. But, Hammond didn't seem to like lawyers anyway and not many other people do either, so maybe nobody much cared. One less lawyer.(I'm joking here, please don't get upset with me.)
Plenty of dinosaurs who dealt out carnage of these films weren't killed by Ingen. After all, they don't put down every zoo/attraction animal that causes harm.
Old 02-05-2015   #28
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
No, not recycled dialogue. But a character referencing that Hammond is dead.

AWWWW YYEEEAAAAAAA
I meant recycled dialogue from Richard on Hammond's dream coming true.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015   #29
Polyester Funk

Quote:
Plenty of dinosaurs who dealt out carnage of these films weren't killed by Ingen. After all, they don't put down every zoo/attraction animal that causes harm.
Ah, you're right. I guess I was thinking more of when wild animals hurt or kill someone they are usually put down. That one killer whale killed a number of trainers at SeaWorld, yet he is still alive. He is the top breeder so I believe that's why they kept him even though a lot of people have a huge problem with it. I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about ethics of zoos and/or theme parks, just pointing it out is all since my first comment about InGen keeping the T-Rex from the first movie alive. She was sort of the hero saving everyone from the raptors at the end, which was an awesome moment.
Old 02-06-2015   #30
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Ah, you're right. I guess I was thinking more of when wild animals hurt or kill someone they are usually put down. That one killer whale killed a number of trainers at SeaWorld, yet he is still alive. He is the top breeder so I believe that's why they kept him even though a lot of people have a huge problem with it. I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about ethics of zoos and/or theme parks, just pointing it out is all since my first comment about InGen keeping the T-Rex from the first movie alive. She was sort of the hero saving everyone from the raptors at the end, which was an awesome moment.
Oh yeah, I'm not trying to turn this into an ethical debate or anything either.

Consider that with all of the chaos (heh) that went on in the first movie, it's not like they could just send PETA to the island and conduct a full-on investigation about which species of which dinosaur killed which person.

The island was not only a blood-bath, but a blood-bath for an attraction that had yet to become fully operational so there were like, ten people on the island and only half of them survived. (Compare that to a place like Sea World with a bajillion witnesses). Was there really going to be anyone who would "testify" against the Rex for eating the lawyer? So much carnage and chaos means that all the legal side would probably know is "lawyer and half-a-dozen other people were killed when a tropical storm caused a power outage and released an army of the most ferocious predators to ever walk the earth". Act of God, and all that stuff.

Heck, damage control on Isla Sorna probably consisted of transporting all surviving dinosaurs to a different location so that the island could safely be investigated and stabilized. They transport the dinosaurs, log them, keep them with the others, and then when Jurassic World is ready to be opened to the public, they've got all the dinosaurs they need (including one hungry female T.Rex ). Why throw out your crown jewel?