Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 01-27-2019   #1
Marakutanay

Default Tales of Vesperia

Normal Edition:

Droite: Megan Hollingshead, she is very high pitched but it's her. She voices Kaufman too. Apache from Bleach it's not exactly the same voice but it's different from his normal voice who uses for Kaufman and Rangiku in the previous video.
Hanks: Liam Neeson.

Definitive Edition:

Judith: not Kate but Marieve Herington, Vivian from The Seven Deadly Sins for comparison. She has been in Berseria and FE Echoes so there is a CoT precedent.

(Don't know why there are two threads)

Last edited by Marakutanay; 01-28-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Marakutanay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019   #2
SNaG

Default Re: Tales of Vesperia

You can blame me for Kate as Judith. Please, STOP HACKING ME.

Jokes aside you're right as Marieve, though I think Celestia's normal speaking voice is a better example.

https://streamable.com/ekjrp
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019   #3
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakutanay View Post
Hanks: Liam Neeson.
I'm gonna figure this is a huge Freudian slip or sarcasm cause he's Keith Silverstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Jokes aside you're right as Marieve, though I think Celestia's normal speaking voice is a better example.
Yeah, it's the same. Much better.
Old 01-27-2019   #4
Bodysnatchers

[QUOTE=NCZ;152425]I'm gonna figure this is a huge Freudian slip or sarcasm cause he's Keith Silverstein.

That was definitely a mistake. That’s Liam O’Brien, whom Marakutanay meant to say, not Keith or freaking Liam NEESON
Bodysnatchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019   #5
SNaG

[QUOTE=Bodysnatchers;152449]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
I'm gonna figure this is a huge Freudian slip or sarcasm cause he's Keith Silverstein.

That was definitely a mistake. That’s Liam O’Brien, whom Marakutanay meant to say, not Keith or freaking Liam NEESON
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm a huge fan of Liam but I can't say I heard an old man voice from him ever, so I guess that's throwing me off. You have a role in mind?

https://streamable.com/ekjrp
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019   #6
NCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatchers View Post
Uhhhh maybe actually. I remember SNaG sent me various characters from the game and then we found Keith as someone else, we saw he listed "various" on his resume, and then we looked at Hanks and went "is that him too?" I guess now that you mention Liam I can sorta hear him, and it is a little different from Keith's other old man voices though it's totally uncharted territory. My brain is kinda fried on voice ID right now though.
Old 01-27-2019   #7
Bodysnatchers

[QUOTE=SNaG;152451]
Quote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm a huge fan of Liam but I can't say I heard an old man voice from him ever, so I guess that's throwing me off. You have a role in mind?

From a quick search on here I found this character

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...em-Fates/Zola/
Bodysnatchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019   #8
NCZ

Quote:
From a quick search on here I found this character

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...em-Fates/Zola/
The fact that Zola is unhinged and so snivelling makes him way more obviously Liam, but he has a few lines that are close. I'll sleep on it before saying for sure and I wish an explanation like that or another example of a similar role was in the OP since it's not something that's immediately obvious, but I think it probably is O'Brien with him in mind. He does that thing where he makes that little vocal filler noise before saying some lines too. Double-check that quote formatting though!

Last edited by NCZ; 01-27-2019 at 11:29 PM.
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019   #9
Marakutanay

My bad, I recognize Liam O'Brien pretty quickly so I thought it was obvious it was him. I tried looking but I can't seem to find an old man voice from him to do a voice match. About Droite, I put a link from another of Megan's characters to reinforce my statement in my first post.

Last edited by Marakutanay; 01-28-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Marakutanay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019   #10
madalex1234

So after going through the a bunch of the sloppy DE English dub (no fault of the actors of course, Bamco and their quality sound mixing and voice swapping...), I'll try and compile a list of everyone that's involved in the dub. I'm currently just after the Belius events, so more might come.

Grant George: Yuri, and I maybe completely insane but it kind of sounds like he voices new Leblanc (https://youtu.be/yayli_K_yD8?t=1350) and Taison's few new lines which are pretty clearly not David Vincent (https://youtu.be/47p-PlMMA2s?t=1774).
Eden Riegel: Estelle
Sam Riegel: Flynn
Julie Ann Taylor: Karol
Michelle Ruff: Rita
Joe J. Thomas: Raven, a couple of random NPCs too
Marieve Herington: Judith (?)
Sandy Fox: Patty
DC Douglas: Alexei, a bunch of random new NPCs
Kate Higgins appears to still be Sodia.
Wendee Lee is still Nan and the brat mage that follows Flynn. I'm assuming she was the voice director again so that's a no-brainer.
Jamieson Price: Still Duke, but he also now voices the Don (https://youtu.be/zNLKfsyzMAo?t=494). Sidenote, I'm not sure we ever figured out who voiced him originally.
Kyle Hebert: Oh boy, he ended up being a big fill-in guy. Aside from a ton of random NPCs, he is the new Boccos (see Leblanc video), new Ragou (https://youtu.be/zNLKfsyzMAo?t=2966), and seemingly fills in for Spike Spencer for Yaeger's Regeay disguise for a few lines.
JB Blanc: This one needs to be looked into more. In the above Ragou part you can hear Barbos's new lines...and it sounds like him, and a decent amount of NPCs sound like him as well. However I'm pretty sure he voiced Leblanc in the original as well...and DE Leblanc is very clearly not him.
Bryce Papernbrook is still Ioder and voices a few new NPCs.
Taleisen Jaffe appears to voice a bunch of NPCs, no idea if he replaced anyone important yet.

For old voices, Clint appears to be RCS, as can be heard in the Taison vid.
madalex1234 is offline   Reply With Quote