Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training

Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training A place for aspiring voice over talents to exchange tips and ideas, share stories, post demo and recording samples, and other training sources.

Old 07-31-2012   #1
Christopher Escalante

Default My 2012 Demo Reel

Here is my demo reel for this year for character voice acting. What do you guys think? Voices you like/don't like? Critiques? Etc.

http://soundcloud.com/chris-escalant...-characterdemo
Old 08-12-2012   #2
Christopher Escalante

Default Re: My 2012 Demo Reel

Thought I'd bump this to see if people look at it. (Please?)
Old 08-13-2012   #3
donnieb2

I liked your demo but when I first heard the voice creeper counselor aizawa. I was like um no it's sounds too creepy but then I seen the title name I said ok it was meant too sound that way lol. I also like the jim jar character but dude no one say much on here.You might want to try the voice acting alliance site I seen people get faster response when asking to be criticized about there work. Me myself i cant criticize im new at this so i cant say much anyway you might want to check out the vaa
donnieb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012   #4
Christopher Escalante

Thanks, I already have posted on the VAA. Just thought I'd try another place as well. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-13-2012   #5
OptimusSolo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnieb2 View Post
You might want to try the voice acting alliance site I seen people get faster response when asking to be criticized about there work.
Your lucky you're not forever banished for such blasphemous comments!!

I think a lot of people are wrapped up in the voice acting contest at the moment but don't fear I am sure you will get some feedback soon on your post. No need to go elsewhere
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #6
Messycat

[QUOTE=OptimusSolo;37586]Your lucky you're not forever banished for such blasphemous comments!!

What's the big taboo with VAA? Competing site?
I stumbled across it the other day but have never really been on there.

Chris - I like your demo. Nice variety of voices on the cartoon demo. Though if you're able to do a range of ages it would be great to showcase that a bit too.

The commercial demo bit is good too. You should throw a couple more on there! Different 'moods'. Something exciting, something serious, something informative...

Overall nice though. I like that you don't throw in a lot SFX and effects on your voice. Some people do but I think it only hurts them in the end because it covers up their raw talent.

Hope that helps!

I threw my demo and some samples up in another thread if you want to check my stuff out. Most of my professional work is in cartoons but I've done some commersials and narration too:

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ead.php?t=4789

There are two posts in that thread with links near the beginning. Let me know what you think!

-Katherine Hepburn
Messycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #7
OptimusSolo
Banned

I was just playing around lol - But yea, we would prefer to be THE place to go for all things voice acting and yes those site are our direct competition
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013   #8
Hendercrazy

Personally, I thought it was nicely done! I really liked the clean, crisp and pro sound to it all. Especially with the background music really fitting of the character/scenario and not drowning anything out in the process! If I were to really nitpick, it would be to add even more variance (in character voice and emotions) to make the presentation even stronger. The wider the range... the more impressive. Also, put your best two or three at the very beginning as producers often can hear right away of true potential or not in the first ten to twenty seconds. Kudos to an excellent job!
Hendercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote