Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Training, Seminars & Workshops

Training, Seminars & Workshops Discuss and share opportunities to improve your voice acting ability.

Old 02-16-2016   #1
Bree
Professional Voice Actor

Default 5hr Character Intensive Workshop with Anime Casting Director in NYC!

Hi guys!
Whew, it's been a while. But I wanted to share a new class I'm teaching!

For those of you who don't remember me or know who I am- Hi! I'm Brittany, the ADR Director and Casting Director for Media Blasters! I handle, as the job implies, casting and directing for their anime. I also direct and cast games for various companies, including AckkStudios!

Next weekend I will be teaching a Character Intensive Class! This class is all about character voice over! It is a great way to get some on mic experience with not one, but two industry professionals! We are also right in the middle of working on the english dub of Juden-Chan, as well as a few other projects, so what time better then the present to get involved in the NYC voice over scene? Below I've included the link to the class and the class description!

LINK: http://brittanylauda.com/wordpress/c...sive-workshop/

5hr Character Intensive Workshop with Daniel J. Edwards!
Beginner-Intermediate Level
Date: February 27th, 2016 1pm-6pm
Ripley Grier Studios, 520 8th Avenue
Price: $325.00
Enter the world of Character Voice Over with Brittany Lauda and Daniel J. Edwards! In this 5 hour intensive class you will learn the basics of character voice acting, including the process of characterization, finding a voice, the importance of acting choices, how to approach character copy, warm ups all character voice actors should know, and booth technique! You will also get to jump in the booth and work on real animation copy as well as original character copy. You will also be able to take home both your samples we work on in class and a worksheet of tips and tricks from the instructors.
This class is accessible for the beginning voice actors through the intermediate level. No experience necessary.
Limited to ten students.

About your instructors….

Brittany Lauda is a working voice actress, director and casting director in NYC. She is represented by Access Talent and works as the primary director for both AckkStudios and Media Blasters, as well as several freelance gigs. She can be heard in titles such as Pokemon XY, Ladies versus Butlers, Queen’s Blade, My Little Pony Apps & Games, Huniepop, Yandere Simulator, Combat Core (and more!) as well as additional voices in several Funimation titles and YuGiOh Arc V.

Daniel J. Edwards is a voiceover artist and musical theatre performer in NYC. As a pro voice molder and actor, he is very excited to share some knowledge about being behind the booth! Some VO credits include: Baraz in the Pokemon XY movie, Dennis and Dipper (and more) in Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V, and Akiharu in Ladies Versus Butlers. Also performed in Anything Goes on Broadway and numerous regional musical theatre productions.
Bree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016   #2
A-Log

Default Re: 5hr Character Intensive Workshop with Anime Casting Director in NYC!

But what if I'm unable to attend due to being far away from the area? Web seminars, perhaps?
A-Log is offline   Reply With Quote