Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network Discuss Cartoon Network Shows

Old 10-09-2014   #21
Music Meister

Default Re: Ben 10 Omniverse

I am not a fan of Omniverse's new time, hope its only temporary.

The two part season premiere was so freakin' metal. A battle of good Bens (and Gwen) vs evil Bens? I did an M Bison impression and was just like "Yes! Yes!" A shame that the battle was kinda short.
Still a nice trip through memory lane and Steve as Vilgax always is a blast. Could have been better but a great start overall.

Vengers was clever wih its name and idea. I wish they had a little more but I remembered there aren't a lot of human villains. Plus I like that Ben had a good idea of just waiting. I thought it was going to be that a super villain would come and they couldn't beat it so Ben would save the day.
One thing that bother me is making Kangaroo Commando a villain, last time we saw him he was good and his twin brother was the evil one. Unless that was the twin brother.
A decent episode, nothing great but not bad.

I hate Jimmy,he's one o the many annoying Alien Force/Ultimate Alien characters. I called Jimmy as Chrono Spanner.
It was cool to see Claw again but why that voice for him? Billy West didn't do a voice like that.
It was a good episode, again could have been better but the good parts were good.
Music Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014   #22
Polyester Funk

Usually when Cartoon Network puts something on at that timeslot it means that they are trying to get it over and done with, so I'd assume that it's gonna stay there. I wanted to see the multi-Ben episodes, I'll have to try and watch them online since I doubt CN will show them again.
Polyester Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014   #23
Music Meister

That's what I figured, I hope Omniverse can work against it. I would hate after Alien Force and Ultimate Alien THIS is the show that got canned.

Rooter of All Evil was pretty good. I love how they worked out a way to make Kevin a mutant again and work around what Alien Force did. A very clever idea.
Also, why is Charlie Adler not more villains? He was creepy and chilling, he was awesome.
The ending was kinda sad, I hope we see Kevin again.
Old 10-10-2014   #24
Polyester Funk

"Rooters of All Evil" was a good and darkish episode. They really altered Kevin's previous backstory and those of the other Plumber' s kids. It did fit more into Kevin's story from the original series until it was changed in Alien Force/Ultimate Alien. I hope that he doesn't become a bad guy again. They've saved him many times before so why not again?

Agreed on Charlie Adler being creepy in this episode. He sounded a bit like Steve Blum at times(to me anyway). I enjoyed the fight at the end when the Plumbers laid the snack down on the Rooters. Max is all kinds of awesome. I don't think I can ever get too much of him. And seeing Patelliday show some skills against Phil was cool. And it was also Rob Paulsen against himself which was fun.

"Cough It Up" was an alright episode. It was kinda cool seeing all of the bounty hunters together. Sunder got a bigger appearance this time and Sixsix, Sevenseven and Eighteight are cool. Thunderpig is just funny looking. Yeah, Kraab had a totally different voice. Jeff Bennett did play him before, too, in the Alien Force episode "The Final Battle, Part 1". Jimmy has to be Chrono Spanner, but what's the deal with that? It seems like he is, get isn't. I don't know where that story is going, though it doesn't sound like you care. The name Chrono pumpkies time travel, so is he going to tie into the threat that Servantis was talking about?
Old 10-17-2014   #25
Music Meister

Blukic and Driba go to Area 51 was awesome, it's good to see a all around hilarious episode. I like Blukic and Driba, their funny and a great showcase of range for Eric and Paul.
Anyway the epsiode was just all around funny and entertaining, from the two bantering, the campy villain, and that scene with Whampire was just hilarious.
It was just so entertaining. I'm glad this was the episode that came out on my birthday.

No Honor Among was funny but slightly stupid. I like Fistina, she's just entertaining as is Fistric. I don't know what else to say besides it was funny.

When i saw Universe vs Tennyson as the name a part of me was like :0 A Steven Universe/Ben 10 crossover? But it wasnt, it was a decent episode and I thought it was going to be just an episode where villains aren't allowed to go to jail but the twist with the other Alien X was unexpected. It was decent and that's all I can say.

Weapon IX part 1 was amazing, a great continuation of Rooters. I kinda like Alan, he was one of the few haracters from Alien Force that was slightly interesting.
Still the ending left we wondering, is this the real Kevin? It would make sense that he was just controlled to be their friend but does that mean he was never a good guy?
It left me excited for the next part.
Plus a clever reference in the title to Weapon X

Weapon XI part 2 had a decent start, seeing the origins of the team. I liked the return of he Way Bads. Plus seeing Kevin absorb Omnitrix energy and become a new Monster Kevin.
I wish it was a little more action and I don't think the falling action lived up to the build up. Still the endin was pretty good and seein Servantis scared was a great way to end things.

Overall, it was a good patch of episodes.
Old 10-18-2014   #26
Polyester Funk

"Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51": funny episode. That part with Whampire burning up in the background was funny. And I got a kick out of that part during their backstory when they said "Look, Luhley got her wisdom legs."

"Universe vs. Tennyson": It was cool to see Alien X actually do something to showcase his abilities. Of course you knew that Ben would end up needing help from Chadzmuth. I liked that montage were Ben was seeing defeating his recurring foes like Trombipulor and Fistina and then Chadzmuth shows up to bail them out.

"No Honor Among Bros" was an alright episode. It was kinds funny and silly. Fistina is entertaining and she still has a crush on Rook. I did want to see more of that tournament and the other fighters in it, though. And I thought that Slix Vigma was destroyed in the original series, by he was back.

"Weapon XI" was a nice way to see the Rooters again and it was weird seeing that flashback to show the amalgam kids fighting Ben, Gwen and Max during his childhood. I'm glad that they didn't keep Kevin evil and that he was playing Servantis the whole time. It was taking a bit of a dark turn with Servantis having a hit squad to take out a young boy. I can soft of understand that a weapon as powerful as the Omnitrix being in the hands of a kid is cause for some concern, yet the Rooters are some dark dudes. They wouldn't even get their hands dirty and be the ones to take out Ben, but they'd brainwash and mutate a bunch of kids to do their dirty work. The two new monster versions of Kevin were cool, too.

I know I talked about a few of those out of order, but once I got going it was too late to switch em.
Old 10-24-2014   #27
Music Meister

Clyde Five was...okay. The opening with Clyde interrupting the theme song was funny, the rest of the episode was...meh. Honestly, I felt Aunt Vera and Clyde kinda overstayed their welcome. I will say it's cool they got John "Napoleon Dynamite" Heder as Clyde and to hear more of Paul as Liam is always funny.
Oh and the small scenes with Thunderpig were funny, man I just love Thunderpig as a character XD.

Rook Tales was also decent, I felt it was a slow start but eventually kicked up. Kundo was cool and Jeff was good as him. I liked seeing Rook's sister in action, just wish we saw more. The Young One I felt slowed things down.
Overall, decent but could have been better. Oh and before I forget, there was a Magikarp and a Gyaodos in this episode!

I love Charmcaster, mostly because I LOVE Kari Walhgren. Seeing Hex turn a new leaf was unexpected, which is funny because everyone, during the first series at least, thought Charmcaster would go good. Speaking of Hex, I forgot how much I liked Khary as Hex (I guess I like people whose name sounds like care-y lol), it was even more of a change of pace to play Hex as a reformed teacher. The action was great, the humor was funny, and the bond between Kevin and Rook and their interactions was priceless.
It was just a great episode.
Oh and there is something really funny about Steve Blum playing a very flirty women XD
Ballad of Mr. Baumann was surprisingly good, I say surprising because I thought it would be mean spirited like other episodes were. It was nice to see Baumann be happy and the episode was just overall sweet.

Fight at the Museum was...alright. I honestly prefer Ester to Kai so I hope they don't really go down the route of Ben and Kai. I guess Spanner isn't Jimmy...eh I think he's future Jimmy anyway, he was decent. The villains were cool and entertaining, love they brought back a villain from the Ben 10K episode.
A decent episode overall.

Last edited by Music Meister; 10-24-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2014   #28
Polyester Funk

I agree that Paul is really good as Liam. That voice itself is funny. And Thunderpig makes me laugh. The two farm animals teamed up was a nice touch. Clyde Five himself just seemed like too much of a simpleton to be a Plumber, let alone wield something as powerful as the Cincotrix. He wasn't just goofy he seemed too dumb. I did like the way that he made Liam fall asleep by scratching his neck and having Thunderpig declare him a wizard. Aunt Vera seemed weirder than I remember, but she was only on once a long time ago.

Rook Tales was pretty good. Kundo was interesting and it was nice to see Rook's sister. Though, like you said we should have seen more. She shows up to be a Plumber, yet she doesn't really do much and then she leaves again.

It was good to see Hex again, but I did not expect to see him as a good guy. Not sure how I feel about that. He had some nice moments. Like telling the kids not to get tattooes on their faces cuz it will severely limit their career options. And Xagliv flirting with him was funny. Hearing Steve Blum as a woman is odd, yet great. I feel like Steve and Khary had a lot of fun doing those moments.

Who'd have thought that Mr. Baumann had an alien girlfriend? Maybe he'll be less grouchy now that he can see her more than once ever five years. Well, Ben will keep destroying his store so he'll still be a little grouchy. And I liked the explanation as to how Vulkanus has a little, baby body. He didn't have one in the original series until he blew up and he needed to regenerate.

Fight at the Museum was also alright. It was cool to see Exo-Skull again, and I want to see more. I hope we get a throwdown with him and Humungousaur, Four Arms or Armodrillo. Perhaps Rath, too. Given how much Spanner wanted/needed Ben and Kai to be together suggests that he's their son, Ken Tennyson. He must have come back in time for something more than that. There is an upcoming time war which will feature the guy at the end of that episode. I don't want everything from the Ben 10K timeline to be canon. Some things are fine, but I still like the idea that the future isn't set in stone and who knows what will happen. If it is canon then that means that Kevin 11K is also canon and that he truly is evil or that he has to go evil and not be able to be redeemed and I don't like that idea. After all of the times that he was bad, yet saved by Ben and Gwen or someone else, it just doesn't sit right with me to have him go bad again and not be able to come back.

Last edited by Polyester Funk; 10-25-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-28-2014   #29
Polyester Funk

The only thing that I really liked about "Breakpoint" was seeing Mole-Stache in action and I gotta say that he's more useful than I expected. His mustache turning into helicopter blades and then into fists was just funny to see. And his mustache fists were able to defeat Fistrick. I did also like the part at the very end were Rook had become obsessed with meatball subs and he wanted to order one, but that restaurant told him that they don't make them and he was kinda freaking out.
Old 11-01-2014   #30
Music Meister

Breakpoint was decent, some good ideas and some weak ones. I didn't really get Ben was getting close, it came off as them rushing.
However, Rook loving meatball subs, seeing Mole-Stache actually be cool and just some funny moments made the episode enjoyable.

The Color of the Monkey was surprising. Argit was surprisingly awesome and I was happy as hell to see Rojo return, she was such an underrated villain. I liked Rojo's new design but I was slightly bothered by the eye make up, don't get me wrong she looked pretty but Rojo isn't really that feminine for make up.
I like Dierich as Simian but he seemed rather lack luster this time.
It was cool and had a nice ending.

Vreedlemania was enjoyable enough. It had some funny moments and most of the Vreedles had a funny line. Also the female Vreedle, I was drawn to the way she was draw if you know what I mean.
Besides Ben's mom sometimes being annoying, I thought it was fun enough.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World was a good two parter. Ben 23 could get a little much but it had good action and good moments plus we get closer to what these new villains are up to.
Plus, gotta love Mark as a villain.