Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network Discuss Cartoon Network Shows

Old 07-30-2011   #1
OptimusSolo

Default New ThunderCats Series

Discuss the new ThunderCats Series Here!!

Wow, I have to say that this premiere blew all other premieres out of the water that I have seen in the last year (TF Prime, GI Joe Renegades, Voltron Force) I really hope it remains at this quality!!

Anyone else have thoughts on this new series?

Last edited by OptimusSolo; 09-22-2011 at 06:24 PM.
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #2
Pokejedservo

Default Re: New ThunderCats Series

I saw it with my older brother as we were watching it with Honey BBQ Wings, Cheese Bread, Key Lime Soda and Ginger Beer (Caribbean Spicier version of Ginger Ale) good times, good times...

I loved on how it was a different take on the Thundercats Mythos that really worked (as much as I liked the original series I do like on how this series' premise has a bit less fridge logic). Oh yes and the voice acting was terrific especially with the likes of Corey Burton and Clancy Brown. Overall I am definitely looking forward to watching more episodes of this series.
Pokejedservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #3
NachoElephant

The New Thundercats is awesome
It has great animation,action,and voice acting(A big plus to have the original Lion-O voice actor and having Wilykat and Wilykit being voiced by kids)
NachoElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #4
Foxwolf
Administrator

I never really followed Thundercats back in the day, but it sounds like this reboot is worth checking out.

Speaking of reboots, I wasn't too impressed with the Voltron Force after a couple of episodes. And sorry, but the animation (the characters in particular) looks very cheap. There's no shading on them at all. The 3D for the lions and robeasts isn't too shabby, but doesnt really blend in that well.
Old 08-01-2011   #5
OptimusSolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
I never really followed Thundercats back in the day, but it sounds like this reboot is worth checking out.

Speaking of reboots, I wasn't too impressed with the Voltron Force after a couple of episodes. And sorry, but the animation (the characters in particular) looks very cheap. There's no shading on them at all. The 3D for the lions and robeasts isn't too shabby, but doesnt really blend in that well.
Yea Thundercats is the best reboot since 2002's Masters of the Universe!
Old 08-07-2011   #6
OptimusSolo

Any thoughts on the 'third' episode. I thought it was pretty terrible compared to the premiere!
Old 08-15-2011   #7
ammyspears

yipe i was so excited to read this.
love thunder cats.
now they r back it was great.

Last edited by OptimusSolo; 08-16-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-22-2011   #8
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

I'll try to catch this sometime. It's already caught my interest with the high-quality animation and voiceovers.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011   #9
Foxwolf
Administrator

Finally finished watching the premiere and caught eps 3 and 4 and starting to watch 5. I must say the series certainly looks and feels epic in scale. Like a grand adventure.

I agree, I didn't care much for the 3rd episode. I know it was about lessons, but it was very forced.

Animation is superb and acting is solid, but nothing spectacular ... yet. Though Kevin Michael Richardson again owns another role in Pantro.
Old 08-31-2011   #10
Strife

I am totally loving the hell out of this show. Not only is Will Friedle back on TV like I always wanted but they have a new mythos that makes a bit more sense and challenges mature themes like rascism. Who knew that cats would be such jerks?

The only thing I'm afraid of is that people might not like the new Lion-O. I'm afraid that people are going to want him to be a great hero from the get-go rather than let the show build his character to become a great hero.
Strife is offline   Reply With Quote